Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
Isn't he more of a box to box? As good as the kid will be, think we need a different profile of midfielder

It was also the daily mail, so I refuse to get excited over that. Will very quickly change my opinion and claim he is exactly what we need if more credible sources report on this, of course.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's not a DM and I am not sure he would start ahead of Fred and McTominay.

Andersons Dietician

Signings like these I always think are quite difficult for the top clubs. You’re effectivly buying a player who you know isn’t ready for the demands that would be placed upon them, probably won’t get as much development time as you would like to give them, and are probably better off left where they are until they mature a bit.

However whilst you’re waiting for them to become proper viable options a Dortmund, Leicster or someone of that ilk slip in buy them and can offer them a culture, time and oppertunites to develop in an environment where the pressures won’t be as much. Then sell them on for 80 odd million if development all goes to plan. It’s a tough spot for the likes of us. Especially when we don’t really have the spare cash to gamble on these players like a city, PSG or Chelsea.

Saying that, I remember watching his debut for France and he came on the pitch and then was the best player out there. Made it look like a casual game of football with his mates in the park. I‘d be tempted if the price is right to buy him and send him straight back to rennes for another year. Has a year left on his contract so surely no more than20- 30mil at this time.

Edit: Also I’m sure someone wrote yesterday, weird there are no links to him at all then all of a sudden the mail pops up with a tenuous link. Probably scan the CAF for ideas to generate clicks by predicting trends.

CM

Not sure if the interest is legitimate but this would be a smart signing. The sort Bayern are often praised for making.

I do agree with the suggestions that Camavinga probably doesn't address an immediate need in the team as he's young and a slightly different profile to what we need but he'll no doubt be among the best in his position in a few years time. If we went for him as the prodigy type signing a la Amad last summer plus a more cultured midfielder we'd be laughing, not that I expect it to happen.

RUCK4444

He's not a DM and I am not sure he would start ahead of Fred and McTominay.
I personally think he would get a lot of minutes alongside those two.

Would be a great investment signing, if we could then sign a proper DM our midfield would be transformed.

Rolaholic

Believable given that he shares the same agent as Shaw and Deano

dinostar77

Surely this transfer would only happen as a replacement for pogba i.e. Pogba will be off this season or next. Camavinga is a gifted technical midfielder with the potential to go become a midfield playmaker. He's not a DM and wont ever be one unless hes retrained into a deep lying playermaker ala Pirlo/Carrick etc.

-Supreme-

Do our scouts and the coaching team view him more of a DM rather than B2B? If not, aren't we better off giving Mejbri more game time and buy a proper DM instead? But who knows, he may well be in the category of emerging talent that we simply cannot be missed out regardless of the situation of our squad.

bsCallout

Do our scouts and the coaching team view him more of a DM rather than B2B? If not, aren't we better off giving Mejbri more game time and buy a proper DM instead? But who knows, he may well be in the category of emerging talent that we simply cannot be missed out regardless of the situation of our squad.
Completely different to Mejbri.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Hannibal is more of an offensive player, has nowhere near the same level of senior experience and is less polished at the moment.

bsCallout

More I watch him (on YT) the more I think he would work really well next to Pogba. He's everywhere, really good tackler, and Pogba has the range of passing you'd want next to him.

Edit: Definitely a player we'd use to moan about our boards incompetence when another team snaps him up.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Surely this transfer would only happen as a replacement for pogba i.e. Pogba will be off this season or next. Camavinga is a gifted technical midfielder with the potential to go become a midfield playmaker. He's not a DM and wont ever be one unless hes retrained into a deep lying playermaker ala Pirlo/Carrick etc.
That's just not his style. He's an all-action midfielder, just so complete in all aspects of his game.

MyOnlySolskjaer

More I watch him (on YT) the more I think he would work really well next to Pogba. He's everywhere, really good tackler, and Pogba has the range of passing you'd want next to him.

Edit: Definitely a player we'd use to moan about our boards incompetence when another team snaps him up.
Just imagine him with Fred, I'm not Fred's biggest fan but with both, we'd be able to win the ball so high and really press teams to death.

-Supreme-

Hannibal is more of an offensive player, has nowhere near the same level of senior experience and is less polished at the moment.
I agree Hannibal is more of an offensive player in comparison but he will develop into B2B midfielder IMO, of course he doesn't have Camavinga defensive attributes currently. Will be interesting to see if we will offload a couple of midfielders this summer.

MyOnlySolskjaer

I agree Hannibal is more of an offensive player in comparison but he will develop into B2B midfielder IMO, of course he doesn't have Camavinga defensive attributes so will be interesting to see if we will offload a couple of midfielders this summer.
Also James Garner coming back, if there's anyone from our youth that has a strong case to be a part of the squad next season, it's him.

SATA

His youtube highlights are right up with Pogba’s at Juve, really impressive. I have heard he has stagnated at Rennes abit though. Perhaps Renato Sanches could be a better purchase for us now and suits us more currently?

davidmichael

Sell Pogba and sign both Camavinga and Tchouameni with the proceeds, I think we’d get enough for Pogba to cover both signings. With Mejbri and Garner both coming through as well as McTominay already there that’d be us well stocked especially if we were to follow up our interest in Bellingham as well.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This is the midfielder I’ve been wanting us to sign for ages, I’ve mentioned him in a few other threads. He’s quality at tackling and he’s up there with wan bissaka as one of the best tacklers in Europe. Is there any reliable sources linking us with him though? Can’t imagine he’d cost cheap neither.

Rolaholic

Getting either him or Bellingham over the next year would be quite the shrewd business and could potentially revamp our midfield for the future

hungrywing

Sell Pogba and sign both Camavinga and Tchouameni with the proceeds, I think we’d get enough for Pogba to cover both signings. With Mejbri and Garner both coming through as well as McTominay already there that’d be us well stocked especially if we were to follow up our interest in Bellingham as well.
He looks good.

Now that overpay-for-names-I've-heard-of-McGee is going/gone, hopefully we'll be in for some more of all of these on-the-cusp talents.

Jibbs

Nobody has seen Mejbri play. The management and staff would know better if he is to be trusted with first team or not yet.

Spoony

The People's President
Someone said they've slapped an 80m Euro price tag on him.

I would assume after/in-response-to the small flurry of stories about him a couple of months back.

Yeah but missing out on the Euros must have brought his value down, surely?

Not that I know much about him...

Bojan Djordjic

I can definitely read properly. The poster said that we will be set for challenging the league title and UCL which is wishful thinking IMO given McFred can barely control a midfield.

Also I am not sure if Camavinga is the impact sub you want. We already have McFred, Pogba, Van de Beek and Bruno. 3 of these will be starting so we already have 2 experienced midfielders who could be impact subs.

We need to sign a top quality midfielder in order to challenge. Simple as that. He could be that Diallo like signing as a young prospect for the future but we definitely need a starter for the midfield position.
He is 18 and is already better than McTominay. I think that's clear. He's had an underwhelming season for him but has been a stats leader at 17 in a top 5 league. That alone is incredible and a strong indicator for his future.

Greenwood is considered an amazing prospect but for a forward, his advanced metrics are very average (30th percentile for xG, 32nd for xA). Camavinga's are already genuinely great in the relevant metrics for his position. Diallo is clearly a great prospect but Camavinga is slightly younger than Diallo and already has two seasons under his belt in a top five league. Generational talent is over-used but I think this guy is the clearest candidate to be the Mbappe/Haaland of midfielders and if we can get him at a good price, we should do it at all costs, especially when his stock is relatively low.

Idxomer

Someone said they've slapped an 80m Euro price tag on him.

I would assume after/in-response-to the small flurry of stories about him a couple of months back.
Doesn't he have 1 year remaining on his contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.