Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

GueRed

Only reason he was even starting for Rennes this past season is that they didn't want his value to drop.

He was absolutely dreadful. If he comes into next season with the same form he's gonna be sent to the u23s really quickly
Damn.

Mind you he's still only 18yrs old.

£30million quid is a hefty price tag being bandied around though....

Does he have genuine world class potential?

I've never seen this kid play youtube compilations dont count

yamo123x

We extended Mata's contract at a lower wage and all reports are that we are trying to transition him through to being a member of staff. He is undoubtedly a very good presence around the club and everyone seems to love him. So get out of here with this unrelated negative slant on things.
Nonsense.
Let's extend his playing contract for another year because he is a nice bloke. There is no place for sentiment when you want to progress and win things. Ask SAF !!!

crossy1686

career ending
Damn.

Mind you he's still only 18yrs old.

£30million quid is a hefty price tag being bandied around though....

Does he have genuine world class potential?

I've never seen this kid play youtube compilations dont count
He's going to be class. He was 16/17 with agents in his ear and half a mind on playing for one of the worlds biggest clubs. If that isn't going to cause issues in your game at that age then nothing will. He'll be fine.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Only reason he was even starting for Rennes this past season is that they didn't want his value to drop.

He was absolutely dreadful. If he comes into next season with the same form he's gonna be sent to the u23s really quickly
Can't say I watched any Rennes matches last year, but the stats don't seem to back that up?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nonsense.
Let's extend his playing contract for another year because he is a nice bloke. There is no place for sentiment when you want to progress and win things. Ask SAF !!!
The same SAF who when he left still had a 39 year-old Ryan Giggs on a rolling one year contract? Pretty sure he saw the value in keeping senior players around in squad roles when you want to win things.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nonsense.
He was literally the worst with sentiment :lol: kept Giggs, Neville and Scholes around way longer than they should have been. The fact is though loyalty is earnt and the players deserve to be given as long as they can.

Ole obviously likes Mata a lot, and so does the rest of the squad. His whole last season was pretty much robbed due to the illness+death of his mother, so maybe he wants to give him 1 last proper season. Is that such a big issue? I doubt he will play much anyway.

ROFLUTION

How much did you watch? Sounds like Januzaj to be honest. (although I thought he was a bit overrated/had no "edge"-skills that made him stand out)

Would be interesting to see his latest season vs first stat-wise to see the drop

romufc

It’s a myth that it’s a myth.

I work in the industry and have spoken to Sporting Directors who tell me that it genuinely does happen, albeit not that frequently.
When was the last time there was a bidding war for transfer fee for a player?

BFernandes

How bad was his form last season, from those that have watched him?

And what was so bad? Did his work-rate drop, errors in games etc

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The people who think he's a Pogba replacement are a bit clueless. It's not even a lazy comparison, its an ignorant one.
I think that’s unfair. We didn’t replace Keane like for like. There’s no guarantee we will replace Pogba like for like. If anything I think we will look for a player who can do a bit of everything and be more tactically flexible

Judas

Open to offers
I think that’s unfair. We didn’t replace Keane like for like. There’s no guarantee we will replace Pogba like for like. If anything I think we will look for a player who can do a bit of everything and be more tactically flexible
We shouldn't be replace Pogba like for like anyway, as we could barely get the best out of him, why give ourselves the same headache again!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
How bad was his form last season, from those that have watched him?

And what was so bad? Did his work-rate drop, errors in games etc
Could be because the roles he was given were different? I don't know, very rare we can find Rennais's fans here.

golden_blunder

Staff
We shouldn't be replace Pogba like for like anyway, as we could barely get the best out of him, why give ourselves the same headache again!
And I think most people get that which is why I think your comment and other similar comments in this thread are slightly unfair

golden_blunder

Staff
He's going to be class. He was 16/17 with agents in his ear and half a mind on playing for one of the worlds biggest clubs. If that isn't going to cause issues in your game at that age then nothing will. He'll be fine.
He will be. But people expecting to come straight into the centre of midfield in the United team at age 18 are living in a different world.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He will be. But people expecting to come straight into the centre of midfield in the United team at age 18 are living in a different world.
I’d add that people criticising him on the back of a couple or few indifferent performances are also being a tad unrealistic. If this is a serious transfer then it’s an investment for the future similarly to Amad,Shoretire,Hannibal

golden_blunder

Staff
I’d add that people criticising him on the back of a couple or few indifferent performances are also being a tad unrealistic. If this is a serious transfer then it’s an investment for the future similarly to Amad,Shoretire,Hannibal
Totally agree. An investment into the future as he’s available now for a decent price.

Which means either that we are buying someone else for midfield now or we are sticking with mcfred for this season

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Totally agree. An investment into the future as he’s available now for a decent price.

Which means either that we are buying someone else for midfield now or we are sticking with mcfred for this season
Well, Rice I’d say will be priced out unless we can offload a whole bunch of players first or Bissouma who’d be a far cheaper option and a bit of a bargain IMO compared to Rice.
The former is far more dynamic and is now an integral part of the national side but with that comes the added price tag. Brady, Sullivan and Gold are greedy but shrewd

Acquire Me

He could play a big part imo. Look at Bellingham. Some players are just mature enough and will adjust to the league fast. Anyway, his not signed yet, so I should not get to carried away.

golden_blunder

Staff
He could play a big part imo. Look at Bellingham. Some players are just mature enough and will adjust to the league fast. Anyway, his not signed yet, so I should not get to carried away.
With respect I think playing at Dortmund is a bit easier than playing for Manchester United. I think he’s a brilliant player and he’s made his way into the Dortmund team. But had he come to United first he would have been eased in. Same for Camavinga. He’s not going to come and instantly play 35 first team games

golden_blunder

Staff
The pressure is already there and he hasn’t even signed yet (if he does): many fans naming him in their first team saying we are going to win the league etc. Jesus. Wake up hes 18

Strelok

I always prefer this kind of deal over those marquee signings. A bargain for a huge potential if it doesn't work out we'd recap at least half of the fee unless he flops too terribly of which imo the probability is very very low. If it works out you'd have one of the best midfielders in the world for the next 15 years, or sell him for a huge sum and reinvest. This is basically a must sign imo.

Agreed on the part if we sign him we should not expect him to hit the ground running, the PL is definitely very tough for foreign players, even for the fully established players let alone a young one. But I do expect him to begin to take a starting place in the later half of the season once he settles down, get used to the PL and grow a bit older.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
The pressure is already there and he hasn’t even signed yet (if he does): many fans naming him in their first team saying we are going to win the league etc. Jesus. Wake up hes 18
I don't think most of us actually know what he is truly capable of. For all we know he could be the equivalent of a Giggs or Roone. Ready for 1st team EPL football right now.

izec

It can go either way to be honest. I dont think we will throw him in and he will play from the start, but i can see him nailing down a starting spot mid to end season. He already has 2 full seasons at Rennes and a full senior debut for France, something most talented 18 year olds dont have.

The defensive/central midfield and CB next to Maguire are up for grabs and our weakest links in the squad. If he is good enough, he will play, as he has enough senior experience IMO. Only a question of getting him slowly introduced to England and then see how quickly he adapts.

We get in Varane. Its unlikely we will see Fred and McTominay starting together again. It will be either or. for the need for double shield for the center defence will be finally gone.

SATA

Age isn’t really a matter if the player is good and talented enough. Cesc Fabregas was bossing the league and holding out his own against men at the age of 17, 18

Acquire Me

With respect I think playing at Dortmund is a bit easier than playing for Manchester United. I think he’s a brilliant player and he’s made his way into the Dortmund team. But had he come to United first he would have been eased in. Same for Camavinga. He’s not going to come and instantly play 35 first team games
I agree, it’s harder without doubt. I prefer that our young players are being eased in. I just have a feeling he is one of them special players.

Strelok

We get in Varane. Its unlikely we will see Fred and McTominay starting together again. It will be either or. for the need for double shield for the center defence will be finally gone.
I'd doubt so. Varane would fix our defense but imo the issue in the midfield is still there. We still need both McT and Fred to have a hope of controlling the midfield, even only to some extent, especially against the good teams. In those easier games we may drop one I think.

izec

If he moves this summer, which looks likely, seems that Barca and Real wont be in for him. That leaves the PL, Bayern and PSG. Although PSG have cooled their interest apparently, Bayern could still swoop in and were interested in the past.

I think we are well positioned and have shown some interest in the past. Get the fee sorted and we are laughing. Other clubs are busy with other targets first i guess or have some money issues, our chance to land him before anyone else.

golden_blunder

Staff
I agree, it’s harder without doubt. I prefer that our young players are being eased in. I just have a feeling he is one of them special players.
I hope you’re right. There are exceptions to what I said off course, Giggs, Owen, fabregas but they are few and far between so just think that we should wait to see if we buy him and if we do, give the lad a chance to find his feet

I'd doubt so. Varane would fix our defense but imo the issue in the midfield is still there.
It really isn't. the sole reason 2 defensive minded player were needed was to shield the problem that was Maguire + Lindeloff. Not for any other reason

We still need both McT and Fred to have a hope of controlling the midfield, even only to some extent, especially against the good teams. In those easier games we may drop one I think.
I don't buy that at all. Those 2 were never employed just for midfield control. They were always employed to protect the center defence in big and tougher games. Forcing us to rely on the counter attack. With a better that need will no longer be there. For the key to midfield control is having 2 play maker son pitch at the same time with a balance attack. Not having to sacrifice balance in attack to add a playmaker, because of being forced to employ a double shield for the center defence

SATA

I think we should be getting this done first before Varane. That french cnut is on his holidays now, isn’t he? So he will probably make a decision when he returns and that will take another week or so negotiating with Madrid. Camavinga’s case seems like the player wants to come more and Rennes wanting rid for cash if I’m following the latest news correctly

Strelok

It really isn't. the sole reason 2 defensive minded player were needed was to shield the problem that was Maguire + Lindeloff. Not for any other reason

I don't buy that at all. Those 2 were never employed just for midfield control. They were always employed to protect the center defence in big and tougher games. Forcing us to rely on the counter attack. With a better that need will no longer be there. For the key to midfield control is having 2 play maker son pitch at the same time with a balance attack. Not having to sacrifice balance in attack to add a playmaker, because of being forced to employ a double shield for the center defence
It was for the early period under Ole but the recent games against the good teams we've been trying to go toe to toe with them. Unfortunately most were not really successful though. We did manage to some extent or some parts of the game but imo it's far from enough.

izec

I think we should be getting this done first before Varane. That french cnut is on his holidays now, isn’t he? So he will probably make a decision when he returns and that will take another week or so negotiating with Madrid. Camavinga’s case seems like the player wants to come more and Rennes wanting rid for cash if I’m following the latest news correctly
Camavinga is going to the olympic games in Tokyo soon as well. I would like us to sign him before that.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He wouldn't even be a starter.

Redcy

I really don't see that he comes and starts for us, maybe 10 games this season. Playing Ligue 1 is not even comparable physically to the PL. The question maybe is can we play Pogba and Bruno together with a better defense, and only one of McFred.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I really don't see that he comes and starts for us, maybe 10 games this season. Playing Ligue 1 is not even comparable physically to the PL. The question maybe is can we play Pogba and Bruno together with a better defense, and only one of McFred.
Really don't get this notion. Why has Wesley Fofana walked into Leicesters back line then? Diop went pretty much into West Hams back line as well. Martial Came straight into our side and there's loads of other good examples where physically Ligue 1 is extremely comparable.

iHicksy

He was literally the worst with sentiment :lol: kept Giggs, Neville and Scholes around way longer than they should have been. The fact is though loyalty is earnt and the players deserve to be given as long as they can.
Err what? No he didn't. Scholes was still the best premiership midfielder in the league up until the day he retired. He transitioned to a deep lying play maker and was absolutely incredible. Likewise Giggs moved to centre mid and was often putting in motm performances there. Neville came back after an injury and was planning to retire in 2010. However he played some fantastic games that season which forced SAF to ask him to continue for another year, which Neville agreed to. In that season he was poor and retired half way through on the agreement that he couldn't cut it anymore. That's not sentiment, that's keeping players who are performing despite their age. Fergie got rid of Ruud and Beckham in their peak and moved on the likes of Cole and Yorke etc as soon as they couldn't cut it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Really don't get this notion. Why has Wesley Fofana walked into Leicesters back line then? Diop went pretty much into West Hams back line as well. Martial Came straight into our side and there's loads of other good examples where physically Ligue 1 is extremely comparable.
It's a strange misconception, that doesn't even fit with the profile of players that Ligue 1 has. Also if it's to play 10 league games, he may as well not move.

Status
Not open for further replies.