Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Real and Barca still have the glory and name. They will also find a way to challenge again in Europe sooner rather than later, they always come back.
I get that but if I was a player I'd be looking at the pay cuts that they're asking their players to take, if not trying to terminate their contracts altogether and that would be worrying as feck.
Weather and lifestyle.... Also the young players these days grew up watching Barca and Real winning everything.
Fair enough I suppose, I'd rather live in Madrid or Barca than Manchester.

SATA

If he wants Spain, neither Real or Barca can afford him or even need him. Paris is a possibility unless of course they come for Pogba instead. So if Paris doesn't want him, where can he actually go? Forced by Rennes to sign a new contract and wait for the move he wants eventually?

Devil may care

I would like us to get Camavinga but if he doesn't want to come I just hope we go for someone else, McFred are the drizzling shits, getting Sancho and Varane to have Ferrari's and McLaren's upfront and Bentley's and Rolls Royce's at the back is pointless if the middle of the team has a clapped out 80's Toyota Camry and 2 diesel Vauxhaul Astra's.

Cman

Time to walk away from this one. If he’s keen to get to PSG or Spain and we are just going to be a stepping stone if they can’t come up with the money this window.
He’s already letting his contract run down at Rennes so it would be no surprise if he did the same thing again to get where he wants to go.
He looks the goods but I’d much rather get a player who will be 100% committed to the club

mav_9me

I think he is a phenomenal talent and it would be an amazing deal to get him so cheap. However who knows what he wants. If he truly wants to go to Barca or Real not much we can do. If not we should have a strong chance.

oz insomniac

The current mantra of one transfer negotiation at a time, is wearing a bit thin, surely the dynamic duo can do a few things at once. Then again, that’s not what they have done in the past, so waiting and hoping becomes the norm.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The current mantra of one transfer negotiation at a time, is wearing a bit thin, surely the dynamic duo can do a few things at once. Then again, that’s not what they have done in the past, so waiting and hoping becomes the norm.
Might have to do with the fact that the club doesn't know how much money left they have to go for him if Varane isn't settled.

We're still waiting on to move on the unwanted players and we're slow again on that point.

beingshe7don

Should not get another Di Maria
Camavinga is still pretty young and he could be nurtured to become a United player. I think losing out on a player with that much maturity and that price would be a huge loss. And just from a financial perspective, you will only make money from him if it comes to selling him. This deal is a no-brainer even if Pogba stays or leaves. Right now, the only teams that are willing to get him are PSG and Chelsea, it would be a shame to let him go to any of those teams considering how much he would elevate our midfield.

croadyman

Camavinga is still pretty young and he could be nurtured to become a United player. I think losing out on a player with that much maturity and that price would be a huge loss. And just from a financial perspective, you will only make money from him if it comes to selling him. This deal is a no-brainer even if Pogba stays or leaves. Right now, the only teams that are willing to get him are PSG and Chelsea, it would be a shame to let him go to any of those teams considering how much he would elevate our midfield.
He definitely would elevate it but can understand where the Di Maria thinking is coming from especially with PSG involved

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The problem is the player himself sees us as 3rd/4th choice behind Real Madrid and Barcelona and possibly PSG, too. At this point, the only way we'd get him is if we set up a reasonable enough release clause or let him leave just before he enters his peak. Money's also an option, but if anything makes Camavinga slightly unhappy, we may face another di Maria situation.

Commentary

I think he may hold off for a better option than United. (Though he seemed interested till Pogba piped in)

Manchester United haven't won any major silverware in over 8 years, and they have stiff competition from City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Whereas if he goes to Real Madrid or Barcelona he's pretty much guaranteed a few La Liga title medals, and regular champions league football.

Strelok

Weeks ago I've said here that this transfer would drag on for a while, probably till the last days of the windows.

I understand why some may dislike him for choosing the best option for his career and do not hurry and choose United. But tbh, it's completely normal imo. Rennes would want the best fee and he would want the best terms possible. So far it's all rumours and frankly I took all that with a pitch of salt. Same as the bollock "It's always my dream to play for XYZ club" after the deal is done. If he loves United, great, if not, big deal. As long as he'd perform and help us to win things I've no problem even if he's a Liverpool fan of heart.

If the lad is smart and his entourage is wise enough he'll choose us. A 18 yo needing gametime to Madrid or PSG may very well be a disaster for his career. The Hollywood nature of those clubs is never a good thing for the young players. And look at what Chelsea has done with all their wonderkids. While we have a freaking hole in the midfield. We surely would give him the terms those clubs would. One of the best clubs and the best leagues in the world. The stage is there for him to shine.

red thru&thru

So he prefers Spain? Or is it he prefers to stay in France and play for PSG?

Clearly no one really knows. If we're pursuing him, I'm pretty sure he's given signals he'd be happy to come. But at the moment, it makes sense for us to wait a little and get him for a better price. Afterall, if no one else can afford him, can Rennes afford to lose him on a free?

Patience is key with this signing.

roseguy64

I think he may hold off for a better option than United. (Though he seemed interested till Pogba piped in)

Manchester United haven't won any major silverware in over 8 years, and they have stiff competition from City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Whereas if he goes to Real Madrid or Barcelona he's pretty much guaranteed a few La Liga title medals, and regular champions league football.
Pogba? Don't see what he's said.

jesperjaap

Not fussed if he doesn't want to come here. There are plenty of young talents elsewhere and we have Hannibal
Yes, I reluctantly agree if reports which are gathering pace are true.

I have raved about Camavinga, I think he is an exciting option already and longer term possibly the best of all the options. However, if he has his heart set on Spain, that is fair enough and we should move on. There are as you say many exciting talents out there, reportedly starting at just £15m for Kamara right up to £80m odd for Rice, with several exciting alternatives inbetween those prices

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Horrible tweet to read. How are the Spanish giants still so attractive even though they're both fecked?
Country, weather,culture, beaches. Easy access to loads of other countries. Then there is the heritage of the teams.
London apart, money is probably the biggest pull for most coming to the PL. of course there will always be those who choose clubs like Utd and Liverpool because it is a dream

dinostar77

Not fussed if he doesn't want to come here. There are plenty of young talents elsewhere and we have Hannibal
Not fussed either, there are better players in his position in his age group in france anyway.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So I guess Camavinga priority would be:
Real/Barca > PSG > Man Utd then
So he prefers Spain? Or is it he prefers to stay in France and play for PSG?

Clearly no one really knows. If we're pursuing him, I'm pretty sure he's given signals he'd be happy to come. But at the moment, it makes sense for us to wait a little and get him for a better price. Afterall, if no one else can afford him, can Rennes afford to lose him on a free?

Patience is key with this signing.
I thought PSG was his upmost priority. In any case we aren't even 2nd or 3rd choice. I get he's a talent but I don't want to get any player that settles for us as some sort of 4th choice club. There are so many other targets that our scouts may well rate.

Redcy

I think if we don't get him we won't pursue anyone, we will play with McFred in midfield again, and hope something comes up next year, although that in itself is an issue as next year we need an expensive purchase in a striker.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Shit or get off the pot

time is moving on, we can’t wait for people to dither, it means they don’t really fancy it

next target. At this stage it needs to be boom, boom, boom!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Rennes have already made it clear he's being sold this summer so the kid is gonna have to suck it up and move somewhere he may not want to unless he signs that new deal

I think PSG will make a late move for him though

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Rennes have already made it clear he's being sold this summer so the kid is gonna have to suck it up and move somewhere he may not want to unless he signs that new deal

I think PSG will make a late move for him though
And if he refuses all the offers? They can't force him to move, similar to us with Pogba if he rejects a new deal.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
And if he refuses all the offers? They can't force him to move, similar to us with Pogba if he rejects a new deal.
There's always ways to force a player out and besides it's not like he'll be going to a bad team even if it's not one of his preferred choices and if he really hates his first year his agent will just get him another move next year

flappyjay

Jude in a couple of years. In the mean time get somebody else and develop Hannibal and Garner.

No Love

Shit or get off the pot

time is moving on, we can’t wait for people to dither, it means they don’t really fancy it

next target. At this stage it needs to be boom, boom, boom!
Come to think of it, John Murtough does look like he enjoys listening to Vengaboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.