Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

This is the sort of nonsense that stopped us getting Haaland.

If they come in and give you 4/5 years outstanding service then leave for a profit it’s not the end of the world. Also, if they get us to the standard we should be aiming too they wouldn’t want to leave.

You don’t see many players choosing to leave the likes of Bayern do you?

ManRed

So you're saying that you're okay with us being a stepping stone?
I really don't mind if he wants to play in Spain in the future. Ronaldo gave us some beautiful years and memories, imagine saying that he really wants to play for Real in the future let's not buy him now. However, if he doesn't want to come to United at all then we shouldn't force it

Womp

idiot
I don't think waiting a year is an option for him. It's been well reported Rennes need the cash, so he either extends or leaves this summer. Both Spanish teams can't afford him this summer, nor do they really need him. I also don't think they will be interested next year. Madrid will go all guns blazing for Mbappe and have more pressing/ageing positions and Barca are struggling to register their current players as is. PSG and United are the only realistic options. PSG's midfield has Veratti, Paredes, Wijnaldum, ADM and maybe Pogba (?) who would be ahead of Camavinga, at least.

At United his competition would be McFred. If his intention is to actually play football anytime soon, joining us would be the best option. If he still prioritises PSG or the Spanish clubs - then so be it. He wouldn't be the first player.

izec

I don't think waiting a year is an option for him. It's been well reported Rennes need the cash, so he either extends or leaves this summer. Both Spanish teams can't afford him this summer, nor do they really need him. I also don't think they will be interested next year. Madrid will go all guns blazing for Mbappe and have more pressing/ageing positions and Barca are struggling to register their current players as is. PSG and United are the only realistic options. PSG's midfield has Veratti, Paredes, Wijnaldum, ADM and maybe Pogba (?) who would be ahead of Camavinga, at least.

At United his competition would be McFred. If his intention is to actually play football anytime soon, joining us would be the best option. If he still prioritises PSG or the Spanish clubs - then so be it. He wouldn't be the first player.
PSG also has for the DM/CM spots Herrera, Danilo, Rafinha and Gueye. Plenty of experienced and decent players there

Bondi77

i certainly hope Ole has an alternate CM in mind if this starts to go badly and all indications point to waiting a year so he can join madrid on a free
Well if Pogba stays we will have a minimum of four central midfielders in their early to mid 20s who will all want game time so st least one of them is going to have to get his head around the defensive side of things and it looks like Scott could be the best suited to this role though he is probably a better box to box option than Fred as well.
Ole has a decision to make on Garner has he definitely has all the tools to slot into this position it just depends if he can handle the step up to the Premier League but the same will apply to Camavinga or any potential target outside the League anyway.

Strelok

And if he refuses all the offers? They can't force him to move, similar to us with Pogba if he rejects a new deal.
He'll rot on the bench for a year, would be a disaster for his development. And I don't think we'd bench Pogba for a year. It's in the club's interests to play him even if he won't renew. It's not really the same mate.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I read that reasoning often, but I personally think that's just ego getting in the way of a good situation. Not every player follows through with their initial plans, especially when they join a new club. If United starts putting winning performances, delivering big trophies, it's by far the best league revenue-wise, and that divide feels like it's only going to grow more, so depending on how La Liga recovers, the days of players dreaming of Madrid/Barcelona is quickly going to go away, and Camavinga could always decide he enjoys staying here. At worst, he leaves and will provide a profit and years of service.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

If they come in and give you 4/5 years outstanding service then leave for a profit it’s not the end of the world. Also, if they get us to the standard we should be aiming too they wouldn’t want to leave.

Except Haaland hasn't stayed at Dortmund for a 4/5 years. He has been there for a season and a half and now wants to move, and the club has to deal with the circus around him.

Castia

If we got 4 good years out of a top player then he decided he wanted a move to Madrid yeah I’m ok with that.

The alternative being get a top player to stay his whole career? rarely/never happens these days and Id rather not lose out on world class players just because they won’t commit 15 years to United.

Red Comet

Ronaldo pretty much jumped at the chance to join Real Madrid pretty much as soon as he turned into a world class player. He gave his best years to Real.

He was playing coy constantly with "You'll never know the future" every time he was questioned about rumours linking him to Real.

Yet, he's still viewed very positively by our fanbase. He was a great Man Utd player.

I'm sure you won't mind another Ronaldo-like player for us.

wise_old_man

Except Raiola's client has a tendency of walking for free at the end of their contract like Pogba (Currently seems to happen) and Donnarumma. So only a matter of time before the other players follow that pattern to earn themselves a better contract.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Footballers in big clubs especially the foreigners don't stay in one place all the time. They tend to move somewhere else from big club not because they consider the club as stepping stone but as new challenge. Camavinga can play here for 5-7 years and then decide to leave for new challenge. Ronaldo and Varane are good example. If Camavinga leaves, at least we will get lot of money in return for replacement.

croadyman

Fully expecting this one to really pick up pace at end of the window whether it's to us, PSG or Real

Womp

idiot
He would be immense for us. Given his age and play style, I can't help but see him turning into a Kante type of player. He's aggressive, fast, press-resistant and drives with the ball.

SouthPredators4

We are only a stepping stone if we are shit and non competitive. If so, i wouldnt blame our best players for departing to fulfill their ambitions. Don't see City with such problems in recent memory.

Strelok

I was against signing Haaland because of the talking about a low release clause, which means he intended to leave even before signing for us. And when he leaves we won't receive what we suppose to get, full value of the player. We accept that and we're a stepping stone.

I've heard nothing like that here, only the rumours he like PSG this week and next week he wants to play in Spain. Even if that's true signing such player is definitely does not make you a stepping stone.

For example Mbappe's dream destination is always Madrid. Do you think PSG is a stepping stone?

TMS

I just can't see a deal not being done with someone this window, Rennes surely can't afford for it not to be? I know they can't force him to sign somewhere, but I have a feeling they'll be able to force his hand if he's refusing to sign a new deal. At that point it's a case of who's his best option at the time.

I think it'll probably be PSG if he wants to stay in France, as the two Spanish giants look dead to rights money wise. If PSG don't bite though it looks as though we'd be his best (only) real option. Based on that logic it'll probably a last minute deal to get him in on time. I'd still take that over missing out though, even if he still has eyes on Spain in the future we should be able to get our money back or a good 4-5 years of top contributions from him. Well worth it in my eyes.

SAFMUTD

We do if he puts in 3-4 good years then brings in a £100m+ fee.

If we got 4 good years out of a top player then he decided he wanted a move to Madrid yeah I’m ok with that.

The alternative being get a top player to stay his whole career? rarely/never happens these days and Id rather not lose out on world class players just because they won’t commit 15 years to United.
Footballers in big clubs especially the foreigners don't stay in one place all the time. They tend to move somewhere else from big club not because they consider the club as stepping stone but as new challenge. Camavinga can play here for 5-7 years and then decide to leave for new challenge. Ronaldo and Varane are good example. If Camavinga leaves, at least we will get lot of money in return for replacement.
I was against signing Haaland because of the talking about a low release clause, which means he intended to leave even before signing for us. And when he leaves we won't receive what we suppose to get, full value of the player. We accept that and we're a stepping stone.

I've heard nothing like that here, only the rumours he like PSG this week and next week he wants to play in Spain. Even if that's true signing such player is definitely does not make you a stepping stone.

For example Mbappe's dream destination is always Madrid. Do you think PSG is a stepping stone?
All this is considering that what the note says is true about him wanting to go to Madrid eventually.

All the posters saying yeah him giving us 4-5 seasons at top level and leaving for 100M must be thinking that this would be some sort of Ronaldo's scenario.

More likely it will be a situation where if the player doesn't bloom he stays but if he grows up to his potential we'll have Madrid and the player's agent flirting every single summer.

Madrid knowing Camavinga wants to join them so they'll be offering below the market price and the player pushing us to accept it, finally when his contract is about to expire we will either have to massively overpay him or see him leaving for free.

I rather sign players which think they're already at the peak team of their career and even though no one can warrant they'll stay if another top team comes calling at least have the assurance that they're not dreaming about playing for someone else.

bosskeano

Some chatter this morning about Ole wanting to drop the double pivot and go to a more attacking lineup 433 .......Maybe this is partly why there is a bit of slow play to Camavinga, maybe the player has more of a desire to go to Madrid(who i can't see buying him this summer with their focus on Mbappe) or maybe Ole is looking for a more offensive minded guy thus the links today with Houseem Aouar

beingshe7don

He definitely would elevate it but can understand where the Di Maria thinking is coming from especially with PSG involved
The problem is the player himself sees us as 3rd/4th choice behind Real Madrid and Barcelona and possibly PSG, too. At this point, the only way we'd get him is if we set up a reasonable enough release clause or let him leave just before he enters his peak. Money's also an option, but if anything makes Camavinga slightly unhappy, we may face another di Maria situation.
Fair enough, I get the whole Di Maria thought process. There were several things that went awry with Di Maria. He was pretty much moved out of Real Madrid and moved to a new country which he didn't intend on moving to and his house was burgled and then Van Gaal playing shitty football didn't help his case. What Di Maria needed at that point in time was an arm around the shoulder and basically an assurance that he'd be the man. Di Maria was tailor-made for United as he's a traditional winger. Moving to Camavinga, the guy wants to move out of Rennes. He's gonna cost peanuts. Apart from the qualities, Camavinga brings, do you know the profit we'd make from his sale even if he wanted to leave? Can you remember a proper profit we've made from any of our sales since CR7 and I'm not talking about the youth players we've sold over the years.

Raveneye

I suspect the whole Madrid preference talk is transfer grisle the papers have made up to generate traffic. Camavinga just changed agents. Rennes are apparently negotiating for a new midfielder Teun Koopmeiners. Furthermore, a player's career is very short. Is Camavinga really going to sacrifice another year to Rennes in the hope that Madrid come knocking next year?

I'd put money on this deal going through.

beingshe7don

Some chatter this morning about Ole wanting to drop the double pivot and go to a more attacking lineup 433 .......Maybe this is partly why there is a bit of slow play to Camavinga, maybe the player has more of a desire to go to Madrid(who i can't see buying him this summer with their focus on Mbappe) or maybe Ole is looking for a more offensive minded guy thus the links today with Houseem Aouar
Aouar is a similar player to Bruno. They are both dribblers of the ball. We need someone who can pass through the lines as well from the back. Bruno will trackback if needed and has a good work rate, is Aouar that sort?

beingshe7don

I suspect the whole Madrid preference talk is transfer grisle the papers have made up to generate traffic. Camavinga just changed agents. Rennes are apparently negotiating for a new midfielder Teun Koopmeiners. Furthermore, a player's career is very short. Is Camavinga really going to sacrifice another year to Rennes in the hope that Madrid come knocking next year?

This reminds me of the whole VDB situation last year who wanted to move to Real all along and since Real couldn't afford him, he was coaxed into joining us instead. Obviously Van Der Sar helped the situation as well.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Fair enough, I get the whole Di Maria thought process. There were several things that went awry with Di Maria. He was pretty much moved out of Real Madrid and moved to a new country which he didn't intend on moving to and his house was burgled and then Van Gaal playing shitty football didn't help his case. What Di Maria needed at that point in time was an arm around the shoulder and basically an assurance that he'd be the man. Di Maria was tailor-made for United as he's a traditional winger. Moving to Camavinga, the guy wants to move out of Rennes. He's gonna cost peanuts. Apart from the qualities, Camavinga brings, do you know the profit we'd make from his sale even if he wanted to leave? Can you remember a proper profit we've made from any of our sales since CR7 and I'm not talking about the youth players we've sold over the years.
I think we only profited off of Chicharito's sale to Bayer Leverkusen over the past 10+ years, but I may have missed out on more.

Overall, the only way we'd profit is if we set up a release clause in Camavinga's contract. That may prevent us from making more of a profit than we'd like, but it'd be the only way that I'd see Camavinga play for us if he really isn't keen on playing for United.

bosskeano

i wonder if this will get the ball rolling on the Camavinga deal for whatever team is going to sign him

United Irishman

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Aren't French teams supposed to be skint? Seems like a lot of money for a kid unless you know you're about to receive a large transfer fee...

Flytan

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Aren't French teams supposed to be skint? Seems like a lot of money for a kid unless you know you're about to receive a large transfer fee...
Someone said a while back that Rennes' owner is happily investing in the club and they should slowly climb up the ladder in France. They probably don't want to miss out of a fee but wouldn't outright dismiss it either. Always a chance he signs an extension for one year and leaves the next anyways. He doesn't seem like he's forcing a move so doubt there's bad blood between him and rennes

Bondi77

What are the odds and how much are you putting down?

diarm

We were supposed to have been all over Sulemana as well. I wonder did we tell Rennes we'd give them a free run at him as part of the Camavinga negotiations.

estel_manutd

I'd rather sign young British talent who we know will want to end their career at United. We should only sign non-British talent when they are between 23-28 years of age (e.g., Bruno). I believe that's how United have always operated.

Status
Not open for further replies.