Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If we go back to Camavinga, one of the qualities that he has shown at his best is what Kanté didn't do on the third goal from Switzerland, he anticipates possession losses well, he somehow generally is where the ball is going to go and also makes himself available in a crowded midfield, he doesn't have a great passing range but he fits the spanish style as a midfielder, that's why I don't believe that he should play higher on the pitch, prime Vidal could be a good example, a player that has good technique but particularly thrives in transition by being able to stop and starts transitions.

Last edited:

Lj82

If we go back to Camavinga, one of the qualities that he has shown at his best is what Kanté didn't do on the third goal from Switzerland, he anticipates possession losses well, he somehow generally is where the ball is going to go and also makes himself available in a crowded midfield, he doesn't have a great passing range but he fits the spanish style as a midfielder, that's why I don't believe that he should play higher on the pitch, prime Vidal could be a good example, a player that has good technique but particularly thrives in transition by being able to stop and starts transitions.
Interesting point. There was a poster who said earlier that he wanted to play as an 8, which contributed to a poorer 2nd season for him. Do you think he would be willing to come to utd and play as a 6?

It may be a moot point of Ole sticks to his double pivot though.

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
don’t mind me, just going to share a few more charts & graphics

Camavinga already possesses elite ball carrying and defensive ability. His passing seems conservative but it’s more so a result of the system Rennes deploy. There’s more options often besides besides him than in front and those numbers would quickly change on a team like United and their talented attacking players available to receive passes. His runs driving up the field are a signature move. Despite playing their partially, his statistics showcase he’s already a proper pivot player who currently can replace McTominay and/or Fred. The spectrum of player he can shape out to be when it’s all said in done is juicy to say the least. From a Pogba-esque, to a Kante, a Fernandinho, or quite possibly even a Moussa Dembele type. The scary part is he has above average numbers in almost all different areas of his game that would allow him to succeed in whatever role he inevitably is moulded into.

again, his ball carrying especially stands out which is one of the best across all of Europe. This hints at him being paired with a deep lying playmaker who is decent in the air (*cough* Pogba *cough*) would bode pretty well in terms a well balanced pivot. With McFred the only competition - Matic declining physically - seemingly in the way of Camavinga, you could expect him to see close to 1500 league minutes. 2000 on the top end if he matures/adapts physically.

Only 4 players in Europe both pressed & tackled more successfully per90 than Camavinga. He is amongst the best midfielders in terms of defensive output

he also tackles more than any United midfielder over the last 2 seasons in every area of the pitch - defensive, middle, and attacking.

as the above shows, Camavinga is also a talented passer of the ball - specifically between the middle and attacking thirds of the field. This is especially useful when looking to break teams down by making a line breaking pass. It would be massive having a player in the pivot capable of doing so. And while his overall progressive passing is decent, as alluded to earlier in the post, Camavinga passes and moves in a Rennes side that plays more short passes where off ball movement and receiving the ball is key. Thus why his numbers reflect a higher progressive ball carrying rate than progressive passes.

another reason why Ole would want him? Camavinga operates almost exclusively from the right, which is where United desperately lack ball progression. We’ve all seen how tunnelled in/predictable the team gets with Shaw, Pogba and Rashford all preferring the left. Sancho, combined with Camavinga, would finally open up the right side of the field once and for all.

.....Rennes has used Camavinga at times as a deep lying playmaker as a pivot, a single sitting screener in front of the defence, or more frequently, on the right side of a midfield three. He can just as easily fit into a double pivot, a midfield 2 playing b2b, or sitting in front of the back line by himself - this is why his potential of range of possibilities is so wide.

here is one last thread I’ll leave down below for anyone that wants a bit more insight and data on Camavinga. Hope this post helped give clarity for those who weren't quite sure on the sort of player he is. Dear footballing Gods ——— please, please let us have this one! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JPRouve

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Interesting point. There was a poster who said earlier that he wanted to play as an 8, which contributed to a poorer 2nd season for him. Do you think he would be willing to come to utd and play as a 6?

It may be a moot point of Ole sticks to his double pivot though.
I don't know if he wants to play as an 8, he has done it this season but I think that it was from his coach.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Camavinga already possesses elite ball carrying and defensive ability. His passing seems conservative but it’s more so a result of the system Rennes deploy. There’s more options often besides besides him than in front and those numbers would quickly change on a team like United and their talented attacking players available to receive passes. His runs driving up the field are a signature move. Despite playing their partially, his statistics showcase he’s already a proper pivot player who currently can replace McTominay and/or Fred. The spectrum of player he can shape out to be when it’s all said in done is juicy to say the least. From a Pogba-esque, to a Kante, a Fernandinho, or quite possibly even a Moussa Dembele type. The scary part is he has above average numbers in almost all different areas of his game that would allow him to succeed in whatever role he inevitably is moulded into.

again, his ball carrying especially stands out which is one of the best across all of Europe. This hints at him being paired with a deep lying playmaker who is decent in the air (*cough* Pogba *cough*) would bode pretty well in terms a well balanced pivot. With McFred the only competition - Matic declining physically - seemingly in the way of Camavinga, you could expect him to see close to 1500 league minutes. 2000 on the top end if he matures/adapts physically.

Only 4 players in Europe both pressed & tackled more successfully per90 than Camavinga. He is amongst the best midfielders in terms of defensive output

he also tackles more than any United midfielder over the last 2 seasons in every area of the pitch - defensive, middle, and attacking.

as the above shows, Camavinga is also a talented passer of the ball - specifically between the middle and attacking thirds of the field. This is especially useful when looking to break teams down by making a line breaking pass. It would be massive having a player in the pivot capable of doing so. And while his overall progressive passing is decent, as alluded to earlier in the post, Camavinga passes and moves in a Rennes side that plays more short passes where off ball movement and receiving the ball is key. Thus why his numbers reflect a higher progressive ball carrying rate than progressive passes.

another reason why Ole would want him? Camavinga operates almost exclusively from the right, which is we’re United desperately lack ball progression. We’ve all seen how tunnelled in/predictable the team gets with Shaw, Pogba and Rashford all preferring the left. Sancho, combined with Camavinga, would finally open up the right side of the field

.....Rennes has used Camavinga at times as a deep lying playmaker as a pivot, a single sitting screener in front of the defence, or more frequently, on the right side of a midfield three. He can just as easily fit into a double pivot, a midfield 2 playing b2b, or sitting in front of the back line by himself - this is why his potential of range of possibilities is so wide.

here is one last thread I’ll leave down below for anyone that wants a bit more insight and data on Camavinga. Hope this post helped give clarity for those who weren't quite sure on the sort of player he is :)

Thanks mate, much more interested in that then Pogba symposium.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

another reason why Ole would want him? Camavinga operates almost exclusively from the right, which is where United desperately lack ball progression. We’ve all seen how tunnelled in/predictable the team gets with Shaw, Pogba and Rashford all preferring the left. Sancho, combined with Camavinga, would finally open up the right side of the field once and for all.

here is one last thread I’ll leave down below for anyone that wants a bit more insight and data on Camavinga. Hope this post helped give clarity for those who weren't quite sure on the sort of player he is. Dear footballing Gods ——— please, please let us have this one! :)

This is the bomb. Professional grade stuff!

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Right, because you know way more than paid football journalists and world class managers who have no agenda, unlike you.
I know more than anyone telling blatant fiction about that player's time at Juve, I don't give a fig if they are paid journalists of 2 decades plus experience. Fiction is still fiction. I don't even have to love the player to point it out.

Donut

Is his playing style similar to Renato Sanches? Sounds like him from the descriptions.

Mcking

I love how statistics is being used to show how good Camavinga is, on the same forum Fred is not rated.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Almost exactly my point. We are forced to play 2 players who we shouldn't be pairing together. Simply to put up a double shield to protect the problem that is Maguire + Lindeloff.
But unless we get a DM,we would still be forced to play two players/8s that shouldn't be pairing together even with the addition of a CB. We dont have a 6

Rennais

Supports
rennes
Do you think that a Man Utd player can be included on loan in the transaction: Bailly, Tuanzebe, Amad, Pellistri, Mejbri, Dalot?

Dante

Average bang
For me, there's one stat which seems to get most overlooked but will probably be the thing that Ole will be most keen about in his 4231.

He's in the 97% percentile for long pass completion. Put him in our double pivot and he'd be switching play from Rashford to Sancho just like we've been crying out for (something McFred can't do). We'd also be losing nothing in terms of defensive contribution (unlike Pogba).

It's the perfect fit. He doesn't need to be brilliant at everything to still give us exactly what we need.

I've previously talked up Neves for similar reasons. But for an 18 year old kid to be able to offer the same things, this potential transfer has me a lot more excited.

Last edited:

MUFC OK

Talk of Chelsea being interested worries me. I think he joins them if it's a choice between the two.

Raveneye

Chelsea wouldn't be able to guarantee Kamavinga the kind of game time he would get at Manchester United. We have a pit in central midfield that he's the long term solution for. Plus he'd get to play alongside French legends Pogba and Varane.

AttackAttackAttack

For me, there's one stat which seems to get most overlooked but will probably be the thing that Ole will be most keen about in his 4231.

He's in the 97% percentile for long pass completion. Put him in our double pivot and he'd be switching play from Rashford to Sancho just like we've been crying out for (something McFred can't do). We'd also be losing nothing in terms of defensive contribution (unlike Pogba).

It's the perfect fit. He doesn't need to be brilliant at everything to still give us exactly what we need.

I've previously talked up Neves for similar reasons. But for an 18 year old kid to be able to offer the same things, this potential transfer has me a lot more excited.
Great observation, we need to switch the play faster to pull defensive all over the place. Pogba is the only one able to do this but, as you pointed out, we do lose some defense when he is on the pitch. I just want us to play two all around solid midfielders who can pass long and make interceptions.

Zoo

Do you think that a Man Utd player can be included on loan in the transaction: Bailly, Tuanzebe, Amad, Pellistri, Mejbri, Dalot?
From those I’d say only Amad and Mejbri would be an option on loan.

Walters_19_MuFc

As a comparison, what's the long-passing completion for McTominay and Fred?

Mcking

As a comparison, what's the long-passing completion for McTominay and Fred?
I'm looking right at Fred's, and I'm trying to find a way to post it here. He absolutely smashes Camavinga on almost all the statistics. Like Messi against Jerome Boateng kind of smashing. @Dante will be surprised when he sees Fred's.

DSG

@Sultan @JPRouve @Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber @Ali Dia

Stirring the pot and doing a bit of trolling….

Isn’t 5 years enough data to know that Pogba doesn’t fit here and never will? How many excuses will you continue to make for Pogba? He is, surely, a world class TALENT, but for some reason, has never become the world class PLAYER we want him to be. Maybe it’s just us, maybe it’s that he’s in England, not in France or Italy. Maybe he doesn’t fancy the away fixtures in driving rain at Stoke or Everton or Sheffield. All I know is that he doesn’t work here. If you have to build a team of world class players around him for him to reach his full potential, then what’s the point. The true greats, it doesn’t matter who’s around them, they perform, game after game, no matter what. Messi, Pirlo, Modric, Totti, Kante, etc… They elevate the play of those around them.

I respect the fact that you are going to die on the Island of Pogba. Really, I do. It’s admirable, and he has periods of play that are stunning. But I think, on balance, that we’ve seen plenty of Paul Pogba, and in some sense, he’s held the club hostage with his antics, both on and off the field. I really credit Ole for managing that massive ego and really playing him when he can have a positive contribution, playing him in positions where he can succeed. But we all know that winning the league requires a consistency level that Pogba hasn’t shown since his Juventus days.

By the way @Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber your user name is a bit racist, maybe you should change it? Not calling you racist, just saying the name might offend Native Americans…

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I'm looking right at Fred's, and I'm trying to find a way to post it here. He absolutely smashes Camavinga on almost all the statistics. Like Messi against Jerome Boateng kind of smashing. @Dante will be surprised when he sees Fred's.
Fred is a very underrated player. He’s statistically brilliant - unfortunately those 1 or 2 stupid sloppy moments he has every game cloud people’s memory.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Isn’t 5 years enough data to know that Pogba doesn’t fit here and never will? How many excuses will you continue to make for Pogba? He is, surely, a world class TALENT, but for some reason, has never become the world class PLAYER we want him to be. Maybe it’s just us, maybe it’s that he’s in England, not in France or Italy. Maybe he doesn’t fancy the away fixtures in driving rain at Stoke or Everton or Sheffield. All I know is that he doesn’t work here. If you have to build a team of world class players around him for him to reach his full potential, then what’s the point. The true greats, it doesn’t matter who’s around them, they perform, game after game, no matter what. Messi, Pirlo, Modric, Totti, Kante, etc… They elevate the play of those around them.

I respect the fact that you are going to die on the Island of Pogba. Really, I do. It’s admirable, and he has periods of play that are stunning. But I think, on balance, that we’ve seen plenty of Paul Pogba, and in some sense, he’s held the club hostage with his antics, both on and off the field. I really credit Ole for managing that massive ego and really playing him when he can have a positive contribution, playing him in positions where he can succeed. But we all know that winning the league requires a consistency level that Pogba hasn’t shown since his Juventus days.

By the way @Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber your user name is a bit racist, maybe you should change it? Not calling you racist, just saying the name might offend Native Americans…
Im arguing against Pogba in any 2 and saying he doesn’t really fit with Bruno in a 3. Wrong thread though :)

redrobed

After this bloke and Varane, we ought buy Haaland and then that Mbappe guy. We'd smash everyone.
I very much doubt we’ll get all of them. You know what the Glazers are like with our money.

Strelok

Don't worry guys. It's still very early in the window. This will probably drag on for a while but he'll end up with us. I've no doubt about that.

My only worry is recently we've been haggling quite a bit over the fee of our transfers. Of course it's a good thing but I absolutely do not want to lose this lad just because we don't want to pay £5m more.

MUFC OK

Fred is a very underrated player. He’s statistically brilliant - unfortunately those 1 or 2 stupid sloppy moments he has every game cloud people’s memory.
The eye test says he's a liability - against liverpool for example he just gives the ball away on the edge of our box, he got sent off against PSG which cost us a place in the last 16. Against AC milan away he dropped one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Utd player in the 1st half. Those are just the ones off the top of my head, I dont think he can be trusted. Good opposition have targeted him and had great results.

Knightmare7

Yes, you have data and facts, but something in my gut disagrees with Camavinga, and at the end of the day, what is all of your completely accurate and thorough research in comparison to my lazy intuition?

Pickle85

By the way @Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber your user name is a bit racist, maybe you should change it? Not calling you racist, just saying the name might offend Native Americans
I thought that American Indian was the preferred nomenclature now?

Status
Not open for further replies.