Gaming eFootball PES 2020 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS)

SATA

Noob question but what’s the purpose of a patch and option file may i ask? Do we need them to play the game properly?

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Did anyone get the Totti Legend card in MyClub yet?

Not gonna lie, he's looking very Paedo-ey in the match setup screen with the tucked in shirt and low socks that cut off below the screen :nervous:

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Noob question but what’s the purpose of a patch and option file may i ask? Do we need them to play the game properly?
The Option file is a download that various independent websites release to upload to your ps4/PC to allow you to have all the correct kits and league badges etc. Xbox does not allow these.

A patch is released by Konami that fully updates transfers, updates some player faces & stats. Later patches will do the same but also fix bugs, and implement gameplay tweaks based on player feedback etc.

Hughes35

Anybody played this on Xbox? I can't decide between this and FIFA. I really want to try this but I prefer the Master League or Career mode to Online Modes and want to know if it's playable with all the fake names and stuff?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
What is the best source of option file do you people recommend? PES Universe or PES world?

Renegade

I’ve downloaded the option file. If I begin editing things now does it get reset/lost when the patch comes tommorow? I always spend a week editing things perfectly before starting ML. For example changing positions/editing stats.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Got Maradona as my random legend, good start.

General gameplay in this is okay but theres some big flaws with passing and defenders off the ball.

Passing, players just randomly pass to whoever they want regardless of where you are aiming. I'm pretty adept at playing on manual so my aiming is fine. They just pass to whoever. Theres also big issues with players running past the ball trying to intercept easy passes, they just completely ignore the ball for some reason.

JP77

General gameplay in this is okay but theres some big flaws with passing and defenders off the ball.

Passing, players just randomly pass to whoever they want regardless of where you are aiming. I'm pretty adept at playing on manual so my aiming is fine. They just pass to whoever. Theres also big issues with players running past the ball trying to intercept easy passes, they just completely ignore the ball for some reason.
Change setting to full or part manual on the passing maybe? Passing has been amazing on previous versions of you get used to it on full manual.

I just gave in to my withdrawals and ordered it. Got all of next week off of work so can't wait to get stuck into it while the kids are at school and the missus is at work :lol:

Art Vandelay

Yeah the passing is very annoying at times. You can have a player running clean through and aiming a through pass at him only for your player to fire it off in the opposite direction.

They need to sort the refs/tackling out. It was ok in the demo it just needed toned down slightly, but they've gone way too far. The AI isn't even defending or tackling, it's just ramming into your players with no freekicks or penalties given.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Anyone play MyClub? Just trying it any tips for beginners?

Is it best to sell your useless players ASAP?

Moonwalker

Don't think you'll gain much that way. I use white balls for ranked matches sim, and that way I don't have to use up any stamina items between games. That's their only use for me.

Don't use up all the myclub coins straight away, that's the best piece of advice I can give. Featured players coming up tomorrow.

SATA

No updated team rosters yet as of now. Amazing that i paid the full money for it and don’t get a finished product

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Don't think you'll gain much that way. I use white balls for ranked matches sim, and that way I don't have to use up any stamina items between games. That's their only use for me.

Don't use up all the myclub coins straight away, that's the best piece of advice I can give. Featured players coming up tomorrow.
What’s a white ball? Sorry for my ignorance and thank you for the reply.

Moonwalker

I sort of exploited the fact that you can have 5 accounts on steam.

One of them was bound to give me some nice random black ball results.

Now I have Messi, Sterling, Totti, Suarez and Neuer.

What’s a white ball? Sorry for my ignorance and thank you for the reply.
Players bellow the overall rating of 70. You can't really earn much by releasing those.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Does anyone know how to upload replays on youtube on the PS4 ?
Hold the share button, and select video clip it'll automatically save the last 15 minutes of gameplay, then you can edit/trim the clip there and then or do it in your gallery later then upload it to twitter/YouTube/Facebook.

There's also an app on the ps4 called share factory where you can do all sorts of snazzy editing things to your video.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
I've been playing this demo and I have come to the conclusion that both pes and fifa are poop.

So far. The refs have ruined pes making shit calls.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

Turn any players you don't need into trainers, stockpile them and then you can then use them in the training menu to boost other players stats. I always try to single out 4 or 5 players (a GK, a CB, a LB/RB, a CMF and a CF/Winger) to use trainers with the corresponding positions on so that the stat boosts are more prominent. For example, I've managed to turn Demari Gray from a 77 to an 82 overall rating in a few days.

Once you feel you have a fairly settled team use the tactical training boosters in the team menu to bump up your team chemistry. The difference between playing in below 80 to 90+ chemistry team is night and day. Try not to use them if you are planning on alot more transfers though as new players will bring the number down.

Last edited:

Jam

Haven’t played PES in years, but one of my friends got a song on the game this year so tempted to pick it up!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I really want to like this game but I've been playing it this evening and impressions so far is it's just a load of shite. It's gone backwards big time.

There are no midfields. You get the ball, and play it stright to your forwards. The CPU gets the ball, and plays it straight to the forwards.

The AI is absolute pants. Every attack is the same. Every shot is power blasted towards my goal...doesn't matter what the scenario. You can't really defend as your players just bounce off the opposition players and don't seem to react to where the ball is at all. If you try to block the path of a shot or pass it's pointless as the CPU just plays it straight through you.

The shooting is utterly ridiculous...why does the goalkeeper react so late? and why does the ball just suddenly dip as if it's tied to a bit of string and being yanked down?

It is impossible to play passing football or any kind of attacking move as your players will stay in their position and refuse to react or make runs. If you press the button to force them to run after passing, they just run in a blind straight line to nowhere.

Even the sound effects are awful. Why does the referee's whistle sound nothing like a whistle? How hard is it to not feck up something as simple as that?

Maybe I need to adjust to it but this seems a far worse game than last year's which was also worse than the one the year before. Playing this makes even Fifa 19 seem like a masterpiece by comparison.

RedMist99

Had my first proper session with myClub tonight. Really enjoyed it.

I've noticed quite a major glitch though. At the weekend I was playing against my mate and he scored a peach of a dirext free kick against me. For no reason whatsoever, the ref gives a goal kick and and the score remains the same. Again tonight, I was playing online and the opposition scored against me in the 88th minute at 1-1. Goal kick with the commentators saying "the forward got it horribly wrong" then I hit him on the counter and take the victory :lol:

I've benefitted from this pretty major bug twice now but I'd be fuming if it happened to me!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I really want to like this game but I've been playing it this evening and impressions so far is it's just a load of shite. It's gone backwards big time.

There are no midfields. You get the ball, and play it stright to your forwards. The CPU gets the ball, and plays it straight to the forwards.

The AI is absolute pants. Every attack is the same. Every shot is power blasted towards my goal...doesn't matter what the scenario. You can't really defend as your players just bounce off the opposition players and don't seem to react to where the ball is at all. If you try to block the path of a shot or pass it's pointless as the CPU just plays it straight through you.

The shooting is utterly ridiculous...why does the goalkeeper react so late? and why does the ball just suddenly dip as if it's tied to a bit of string and being yanked down?

It is impossible to play passing football or any kind of attacking move as your players will stay in their position and refuse to react or make runs. If you press the button to force them to run after passing, they just run in a blind straight line to nowhere.

Even the sound effects are awful. Why does the referee's whistle sound nothing like a whistle? How hard is it to not feck up something as simple as that?

Maybe I need to adjust to it but this seems a far worse game than last year's which was also worse than the one the year before. Playing this makes even Fifa 19 seem like a masterpiece by comparison.
Well that sucks. Intended to get this but sounds like this will be another year to skip. Ffs just get codemasters or 2k sports to make a footie game. feck EA and Konami with a crowbar.

RedMist99

Play online instead of against CPU?

I dont see the appeal of playing against AI. Far more rewarding beating another player.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hold the share button, and select video clip it'll automatically save the last 15 minutes of gameplay, then you can edit/trim the clip there and then or do it in your gallery later then upload it to twitter/YouTube/Facebook.

There's also an app on the ps4 called share factory where you can do all sorts of snazzy editing things to your video.
Thank you!

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
It's for when you wanna cancel a pass or a shot, like when you know it's gonna be missed or deflected.
I also use it when running to close down opponents, gives you more freedom of movement, you tend to gravitate towards the ball with normal running, if you run with super cancel R1 + R2 you can run to an area just ahead of the opponent. Attack the Space!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I also use it when running to close down opponents, gives you more freedom of movement, you tend to gravitate towards the ball with normal running, if you run with super cancel R1 + R2 you can run to an area just ahead of the opponent. Attack the Space!
Oh that's right, I only thought about it when you are in possession of the ball

thepolice123

R1 + R2 for those who dont know.
Plenty of situations. Super Cancel basically cancels AI assisted movements on your players and allows you total control.

When challenging for long balls use super cancel to get infront of the player. If you stick behind the player you are bound to lose the header.

Using super cancel while chasing down players will enable you to run faster and get closer. This will be crucial against the speed demons.

Super Cancel fake shot/pass - extremely useful skill

Use Super Cancel to receive crosses or cut out through balls

Takes some practice to get used to it if you used to be a Fifa player. Super cancel will elevate your game to another level. The pros are exceptionally good at using this, especially that fake shot/pass, it can be undefendable in the box once you master it.

Marcelinho87

Well that sucks. Intended to get this but sounds like this will be another year to skip. Ffs just get codemasters or 2k sports to make a footie game. feck EA and Konami with a crowbar.
This thread is full of positive reviews and you pick the one disappointing one and use that to decide to not buy the game?

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
This thread is full of positive reviews and you pick the one disappointing one and use that to decide to not buy the game?
Not only that but Noodlehead has been posting scathing reviews full of nitpicks of both FIFA and Pro a few days after release for years now :lol:

Not that I don't agree with some of his gripes but they aren't as game breaking to me as they seem to him. I also noticed how crap the whistle sound is and cpu players not reacting to loose balls every now and again is a bit annoying.