Gaming eFootball PES 2020 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS)

siw2007

Has anyone tried importing the option file from PES universe to ps4 yet? Ive tried but cant get it to work

Moonwalker

Annoyingly I have only just ordered mine on shopto, I was going to try and get a digital copy but it was way more.

Anyway arrives tomorrow now and I’m going to smash it- straight into myclub.

I’m new to myclub though so if anyone has any tips or pointers I’d appreciate the shout out.
Don't spend all the myclub coins straight away, especially not on players. Pick a good coach instead because they take ages to unlock and myclub coins are the only way you can get them (coaches) straight away.
I will be getting it on PC.
Interested in dividing the workload of getting that GP?
On last year's version, you get 20k GP for winning the treble 3 years in a row. You also get 20k for becoming the best player in the world for three years straight in BAL.

I can do one of those and you can do the other, then we can just send each other the files.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I'm surprised at how many people find "Master League" to be the mode to play, when it has not been developed for almost a decade. There are no new features, except a couple of cosmetic changes. In fact, features that were introduced before that had at least a pretence of complexity were removed (e.g. having a scout with a different scouting ability; picking different sponsorship deals, however basic that was).

The only use Master League now has is picking up those 50 + GP that you can then use in the only worthwhile mod that game has, which is obviously MyClub.

If anyone that owns the game on PC is interested in splitting the labour of earning GP through achievements do let me know. We can make this less tedious and time consuming than it otherwise would be, because on PC you can actually share files between accounts, which is impossible on PS4.
You could help me:

Considering switching to PS4 from PC, but I can't imagine playing it without proper patch. Anyone to share some experience, is there any way around stock version with PS4, I always found it better to play PES on PC?

@Spoony

Moonwalker

You could help me:
I went in the other direction because I sold my PS4. There is a way to install a patch on PS4 too, if you want all the kits and recent transfers, but that's a bit of an irrelevance in myclub anyway, since your team can be customized endlessly. i only installed the patch on PS4 once, and didn't find it worthwhile at all. It's not very complicated to install it, but it is a tedious process.

gaz1185

Has anyone tried importing the option file from PES universe to ps4 yet? Ive tried but cant get it to work
Worked fine for me following this:

There is one change to the above, at Step 14. don’t tick apply player data for the 3 German teams already in game (Bayen, Bayer & Schalke).

Here's a video guide for installation too:

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I went in the other direction because I sold my PS4. There is a way to install a patch on PS4 too, if you want all the kits and recent transfers, but that's a bit of an irrelevance in myclub anyway, since your team can be customized endlessly. i only installed the patch on PS4 once, and didn't find it worthwhile at all. It's not very complicated to install it, but it is a tedious process.
I need it for two joystick multiplayer, that's how I play PES 90% of the time.

siw2007

Worked fine for me following this:

There is one change to the above, at Step 14. don’t tick apply player data for the 3 German teams already in game (Bayen, Bayer & Schalke).

Here's a video guide for installation too:
I tried it as best as I could.

I can download the file fine. I am using Winzip which is what it recommends. There isn't 'extract to WEPES folder' on a Mac but I used unzip as it is more or less the same I think. But it can't unzip them and all the files are corrupted.

gaz1185

I tried it as best as I could.

I can download the file fine. I am using Winzip which is what it recommends. There isn't 'extract to WEPES folder' on a Mac but I used unzip as it is more or less the same I think. But it can't unzip them and all the files are corrupted.
The 'WEPES' folder is already created inside the .zip file, you should be able to extract that which contains all of the files. I'm not too clued up on Mac's sorry, but it seems odd that it's saying the files are corrupted.

Moonwalker

I need it for two joystick multiplayer, that's how I play PES 90% of the time.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Like playing a cup competition (not online) on a single screen with a friend? Do you want to be able to assign controls freely? Don't think that's doable on PS4 sadly.

siw2007

The 'WEPES' folder is already created inside the .zip file, you should be able to extract that which contains all of the files. I'm not too clued up on Mac's sorry, but it seems odd that it's saying the files are corrupted.
Right, I tried the same method as on video on some Spanish file I plucked from the net and it has worked. I'm going back to the PES Universe file and am going to give it a go that way.

Art Vandelay

Another dumb question on the way... I am playing on the PS4 but i cannot change match other than the fixed 10min. No ET and no Penalties either. Is there a fix ?
The screen before you start the match where you can select "kick off", "stadium", "game plan" etc. Those options are in the "general settings" tab.

I can't get the bloody ball back when the AI decides to start passing around the back. Wolves properly took the piss out of me.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Like playing a cup competition (not online) on a single screen with a friend? Do you want to be able to assign controls freely? Don't think that's doable on PS4 sadly.
Yes, standard offline multiplayer or single player masterleague is how I play 99% of the time. It's really boring without patches.

Marcelinho87

Don't spend all the myclub coins straight away, especially not on players. Pick a good coach instead because they take ages to unlock and myclub coins are the only way you can get them (coaches) straight away.

Interested in dividing the workload of getting that GP?
On last year's version, you get 20k GP for winning the treble 3 years in a row. You also get 20k for becoming the best player in the world for three years straight in BAL.

I can do one of those and you can do the other, then we can just send each other the files.
Certainly interested when I do get it, not sure when that will be though!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The screen before you start the match where you can select "kick off", "stadium", "game plan" etc. Those options are in the "general settings" tab.

I can't get the bloody ball back when the AI decides to start passing around the back. Wolves properly took the piss out of me.
Cheers my man. Superstar is so tough for me, finding it hard against shit teams

Moonwalker

Yes, standard offline multiplayer or single player masterleague is how I play 99% of the time. It's really boring without patches.
Yeah, I guess it is important if offline modes are all you're interested in. Getting kits and team names is doable, but you might need to wait a bit before a patch for ps4 is released. It definitely will be at some point.

I thought you meant something else though. There's a patch on pc that lets you assign controls freely, and there's no such thing on PS4.

Art Vandelay

Cheers my man. Superstar is so tough for me, finding it hard against shit teams
Yeah I had to bump it back down to Top Player as Superstar just wasn't fun. Too many of my attacks broke down because my players were constantly off balance from the AI's relentless pressing. Half the time they were just charging into my players so they couldn't kick the ball.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If I pay for the yearly membership does it auto renew? I want that option file.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Yeah I had to bump it back down to Top Player as Superstar just wasn't fun. Too many of my attacks broke down because my players were constantly off balance from the AI's relentless pressing. Half the time they were just charging into my players so they couldn't kick the ball.
Guardiola mode

kouroux

I'm playing a world cup with Holland. VVD is immense, flawless CB :lol: Having played 10 or so games, it's an incredible game with clear differences between average and great players on the ball. De Jong feels so nice and skillful, amazing really.
I just wish they go back to fouling/free kick ratio of the demo because now there aren't as close physical contact as in the demo which results in less free kicks and less yellow cards.
I think they tweaked the long ball passing too because now you can send some ridiculous over the top passes. If they somehow adjust the fouling system then it's 20/20 for me. Right now I'd say 18/20

siw2007

Didn’t work in the end. Gone with the option file that did work and it has most of the stuff anyway.

Really disappointed as I payed for that

Art Vandelay

I'm playing a world cup with Holland. VVD is immense, flawless CB :lol: Having played 10 or so games, it's an incredible game with clear differences between average and great players on the ball. De Jong feels so nice and skillful, amazing really.
I just wish they go back to fouling/free kick ratio of the demo because now there aren't as close physical contact as in the demo which results in less free kicks and less yellow cards.
I think they tweaked the long ball passing too because now you can send some ridiculous over the top passes. If they somehow adjust the fouling system then it's 20/20 for me. Right now I'd say 18/20
The ref's definitely still feel a bit off. I'm getting smacked around the place then giving away freekicks for getting the ball, I think they need tweaked.

My only real concerns are very minor niggles. Sometimes the passing is way off for no real reason like the AI has just decided it wants the ball back and there's nothing you can do about it. Sometimes the camera can't keep up with the action, the ball is at the edge of the box and you can't line up a volley because the camera is still focused on the 6 yard box. Sometimes you will have pressed pass but your player is so slow to actually pass it that all you can do is watch the AI charge in from several yards away and take it off him. Maybe that's just being realistic for Pogba and Matic though.

It's very realistic, it becomes a frustrating catalogue of errors the second you pick United. Everyone is a bit brain dead and you don't know who's going to end up where or what's going to go wrong.

They've improved the shooting from the demo, you can get a lot more power into the shots now if you line them up right.

kouroux

The ref's definitely still feel a bit off. I'm getting smacked around the place then giving away freekicks for getting the ball, I think they need tweaked.

My only real concerns are very minor niggles. Sometimes the passing is way off for no real reason like the AI has just decided it wants the ball back and there's nothing you can do about it. Sometimes the camera can't keep up with the action, the ball is at the edge of the box and you can't line up a volley because the camera is still focused on the 6 yard box. Sometimes you will have pressed pass but your player is so slow to actually pass it that all you can do is watch the AI charge in from several yards away and take it off him. Maybe that's just being realistic for Pogba and Matic though.

It's very realistic, it becomes a frustrating catalogue of errors the second you pick United. Everyone is a bit brain dead and you don't know who's going to end up where or what's going to go wrong.

They've improved the shooting from the demo, you can get a lot more power into the shots now if you line them up right.
I'd say it's realistic with United :lol:
Shooting is improved, headers too. They're more powerful. Regarding the camera, I agree, it is annoying. I don't know why they focused on it, it was never a real issue before.
This is so close to perfection, some sequences I have to pause and watch the Replay

noodlehair

"It's like..."
So is there no way to get an option file for free? £5 isn't the end of the world but I'm sure they've always been free in the past

Art Vandelay

It's the small touches that make it so impressive. I scored a goal from a flowing move earlier, nothing particularly impressive or unusual except just before the finish a defender got his toe on the ball. In past games this would have been the end of the move, but because he was stretching and couldn't quite get to it all he did was sit it up to be smashed in. The looseness of the ball now is very impressive.

siw2007

So is there no way to get an option file for free? £5 isn't the end of the world but I'm sure they've always been free in the past
There are free ones about. I found a Spanish option file by searching for pes 2020 option files and clicking on a YouTube link that was in Spanish and then clicking on the link in the comments.

kouroux

It's the small touches that make it so impressive. I scored a goal from a flowing move earlier, nothing particularly impressive or unusual except just before the finish a defender got his toe on the ball. In past games this would have been the end of the move, but because he was stretching and couldn't quite get to it all he did was sit it up to be smashed in. The looseness of the ball now is very impressive.
The new dribbling is still tough but sometimes I pull off some crazy shit in midfield with players who are skillful :lol:

Berbasbullet

The new dribbling is still tough but sometimes I pull off some crazy shit in midfield with players who are skillful :lol:
How do you do new dribbling?

Am I the only one struggling with passing? It feels quite sluggish at times and often it doesn’t go to the player I aimed for and often players are just not hitting it hard enough.

kouroux

Am I the only one struggling with passing? It feels quite sluggish at times and often it doesn’t go to the player I aimed for and often players are just not hitting it hard enough.
I mainly use the left stick for feints and direction changes, sometimes I use the right stick to put the foot on the ball and manipulate the ball. I just need to play it to develop a good balance between the 2 sticks

Art Vandelay

I had gotten decent at it in the demo, but I've lost that skill now and keep screwing it up. Great when it works though, I'd Sancho making two defenders look like fools with a quick bit of foot work.

I'm having the same problem, but it's not always like that oddly enough. It's like it goes into some mood where it decides my passing is going to be slow and it's going to pick random targets for the passes. I'm assuing it's something they will patch.

Berbasbullet

Also what’s with basically being able to run straight into people with no intention of playing the ball and it being play on.

gaz1185

Didn’t work in the end. Gone with the option file that did work and it has most of the stuff anyway.

Really disappointed as I payed for that
Some people are saying it's WinZip causing the issues, give it a go using The Unarchiver from the Mac App Store, people seem to be getting results with that.

siw2007

Some people are saying it's WinZip causing the issues, give it a go using The Unarchiver from the Mac App Store, people seem to be getting results with that.
Ok, that’s a good option. Is the app free?

Ole90+3

Played 3 games of MyClub last night which were thoroughly enjoyable.

Got Bruno Fernandes and Havertz in my Agent bonus. Then Benzema and Muller in my next one that I purchased using GP.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There are always free ones. Pes patch and Pes world will have some.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Got the patch. Will install today. All set for master league.