Gaming Elden Ring - Fromsoftware

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah, that's true. I say easy, but without a guide, I would be here for another month. I already sank 120 hours into the game as it is.

That DMC 5 platinum is a hard one. I know because I had the game and was looking at the trophies. I did not get the platinum!
I can't for the life of me beat the bloody palace. It's just so hard and after dying at stage 90something which takes about 2 hours to get to I just gave up.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
There are two Mohg's in the game. Mohg, Lord of Blood, and Mohg, the Omen. So that may be the issue perhaps? I haven't heard of a bugged trophy for that.
Yeah that was it. Sigh just could down to the end of the sewers. Already beat this run though so will have to the the whole thing again on ng+4. Jumping to my death in the cathedral is the most annoying part in the game

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah that was it. Sigh just could down to the end of the sewers. Already beat this run though so will have to the the whole thing again on ng+4. Jumping to my death in the cathedral is the most annoying part in the game
That platforming part? Yes, it's fecking terrible. I died more there than I did on some bosses.

Gehrman

Respecced to something similar to this last night with the Blasphemous Blade and the Bestial Claw Talisman

It seems pretty 'meaty' but time will tell if I prefer it to the dual twinblade dex build I was enjoying. Certainly don't like the loss of vigor though I guess I have something to use from range now at least. Also I'm chugging through blue flasks like nobodies business.
Which twinblades were you using?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I've logged almost 180 hours on this and only just discovered you can run.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The game has sold 13.5 million copies.

They sold four hundred thousand copies a day on average for 35 days.

Demon's Soul's on PS3 sold one million copies after a year.

Bloodborne is at something like 4 million as of 2019.

It's the best-selling game of the last 12 months in the United States, even bigger than Call of Duty.

Crazy.

Crashoutcassius

Just started a few days ago. Just got to the weeping peninsula after a mate told me it was a decent starting area. At 2500 runes for a level up now and it is getting harder as that is 10-25 enemies without getting roasted...

Tbf I just found out I can two hand so there is prob a fair amount of low hanging fruit for me from here haha

Gehrman

Just got platinum. Beating Elden Beast on ng+4 was hard even though I have a complete build. Only just managed. Normally not into getting trophies but thought I would do it for this. Does anyone know if there is a metalevel for ng+ and beyond? Like around 200. I felt when I went past that most of the multiplayer options dwindled. I know the meta for ng is around 125-140.

Gehrman

Just started a few days ago. Just got to the weeping peninsula after a mate told me it was a decent starting area. At 2500 runes for a level up now and it is getting harder as that is 10-25 enemies without getting roasted...

Tbf I just found out I can two hand so there is prob a fair amount of low hanging fruit for me from here haha
Upgrading your weapon with smithing stones is probably one of the most important things you can do. lvl matters of course, but it terms of dealing damage upgrading your weapon as rapidly as possibly makes the world of difference. Since you have the horse you can essentially ride around the world picking up smithing stones if you have an inkingling as to where they are.

Smores

Had no idea the jump button did something if you held it. Was always curious how little weighted armour all these shadows dashing past me everywhere were wearing :)
It was about 30-40 hours until I realised that as well. I got all the way through to Rennala then accidentally noticed I ran.

I'm now on double crucible knights and they can suck it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Jesus Christ. Never mind Melania, this Draconic Tree Sentinel in Farum Azula is the absolute pits. That bullshit lightning attack seems impossible to avoid.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Is this game something I can just pick up and play casually? I don't get much time unfortunately anymore.

If so, hit me with the must do starter pack as I'm so out of touch with gaming

largelyworried

Is this game something I can just pick up and play casually? I don't get much time unfortunately anymore.

Most of the time you can play it in chunks, there's always something to do for just 20 minutes if that's all you have. However, even if you were very efficient and used a guide to find everything, you'd be looking at a 50 to 100 hour game for a relative newcomer to the series, so if you only have 3 or 4 hours a week to play, its worth asking yourself if you really think you'll stick with it for that long.

If you do want to go for it, id suggest watching a few of Fextralife's beginner builds on Youtube to see if there's anything that sounds like your thing, then check their wiki to find the items you need for that build.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Most of the time you can play it in chunks, there's always something to do for just 20 minutes if that's all you have. However, even if you were very efficient and used a guide to find everything, you'd be looking at a 50 to 100 hour game for a relative newcomer to the series, so if you only have 3 or 4 hours a week to play, its worth asking yourself if you really think you'll stick with it for that long.

If you do want to go for it, id suggest watching a few of Fextralife's beginner builds on Youtube to see if there's anything that sounds like your thing, then check their wiki to find the items you need for that build.
Thanks for that. Yeah it's weighing up whether or not I can enjoy it for the little time I have. I will get a look at the videos, thank you

Gehrman

Thanks for that. Yeah it's weighing up whether or not I can enjoy it for the little time I have. I will get a look at the videos, thank you
I think its a game that deserves time. Using a progression guide and stuff can make the playthrough more smooth.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Yeah you can play it in chunks. I'm still on my first play through and seem to have been playing it for months now. I normally set myself a little goal every night i.e. advance this quest or check out this new area and search it as thoroughly as possible. Even just stick it on for an hour and grind out a few level ups for your character can be useful.

Lately I've been looking at different builds and then seeking out all the equipment etc...I need to spec it up. More of a mid-point/late game thing though.

Now working on getting all the achievements in one play through which I believe you can do by saving before triggering any of the endings.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yeah they were a bit shit weren't they? Elden Beast was just a boring slog. Didn't require much skill, just lots of time.
Yeah defo. Felt like Godfrey should've been the final boss really.

Radagon and the Elden Beast felt a bit flat after the Melania, Maliketh and Placidux battles in quick succession.

The whole ending did feel a bit rushed and the tiny cut scene you get for completion was a bit stingy as well.

Still, minor criticisms in what will easily be my game of the year.

What to play next now though? Was looking at the Nioh collection as haven't played either of those. Haven't played Sekiro either.

Nickosaur

I haven't played this for about a month and I'm a bit scared of returning. Can't remember where I am... think I've just been in the ansel River tearing up ants? About level 65ish

SuperiorXI

Yeah defo. Felt like Godfrey should've been the final boss really.

Radagon and the Elden Beast felt a bit flat after the Melania, Maliketh and Placidux battles in quick succession.

The whole ending did feel a bit rushed and the tiny cut scene you get for completion was a bit stingy as well.

Still, minor criticisms in what will easily be my game of the year.

What to play next now though? Was looking at the Nioh collection as haven't played either of those. Haven't played Sekiro either.
Yeah it's still a hell of a game, I can forgive some lazy copy and paste bosses here and there and a poor couple final bosses, the rest of the game makes up for it for sure.

I've gone to Sekiro, although having a break now. FS games cause fatigue :lol:

largelyworried

After way too many attempts I managed to get my parry run against Malenia over the line last night. Only took 5 hits in the end, including 1 right at the start when I had the wrong shield equipped without realising. Half tempted to reload my save and go for hitless, half tempted to never ever play Malenia again.

Godfather

Just beat the Fire Giant. I love every bit of this game honestly. Although I have to admit that I did quite a lot of rune farming to make things a tad easier.

DevTheRed

Sunk around 50 hours (nowhere near finishing it yet) into this now what a game.. everything about it is fantastic.

First souls game so found the ‘quests’ a bit difficult to track but once you get used to it it really is amazing.

Easy game of the year so far.

largelyworried

Sunk around 50 hours (nowhere near finishing it yet) into this now what a game.. everything about it is fantastic.

First souls game so found the ‘quests’ a bit difficult to track but once you get used to it it really is amazing.

Easy game of the year so far.
What kind of build are you going with?

DevTheRed

What kind of build are you going with?
To be honest I wasn’t really going for anything specific until I picked up the Bloodhound Fang.. then focused on bleed damage and levelling up my dexterity and strength.

Kinda wish I focussed more on intelligence and faith though because there seems to be a lot of decent spells out there!

Godfather

These catdogs are a pain in the ass... Also the last nightbird was really tough. Had to cheese it.

Stringer

Okay, the Lord of Blood is demolishing me. So far I've made my way through the game without too much trouble but his second phase is a real difficulty jump. I barely get a chance to heal because of his insane combos, bleed effect and fire. I think he has killed me more than every other boss combined so far and I haven't even got close to beating him.