Gaming Elder Scrolls V

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
What's the hardest enemy on the game? I'm playing a mage at level 15 on Master and am taking out everything so far, I've not long got the whirlwind shout so I'm around that far in. I'm curious just how much harder it gets?

Cina

Volsung was the hardest boss i fought, though i did it at a pretty low level.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
The dragon priest on the edge of the cliff with the dragon was pretty difficult for me. Then I returned with J'zargo and dispatched him pretty easily. I love J'zargo.

Redlambs

Same here. I think redlambs is just showing off :)
:lol: not at all, more confused.

I've heard talk of things like Trolls, master vamps and even giants being super tough but somehow I'm beating them all quite easily and I'm not using any special armour or spells or anything, just mage robes, lighting bolts and an occasional flame atronach to help. I've not even yet used lydia or any help (apart from some fecking annoying dog I seem to have picked up for a quest at the moment).

Don't get me wrong I've died a few times, but only more because of experimentation than any real challenge. Oh and because I keep forgetting I have about 50 mostly useless potions :)

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I died hundreds of times and sometimes I am down to nothing after a large battle, after consuming every last potion and piece of food I have. Getting stuck in-between 2 trolls and a frost dragon and such can be very stressful.

Redlambs

Maybe you should learn to bob and weave ha!

But I look forward to fights like that, I'm level 16 now with level 40-odd magic and I'm heading back to the main quest in a bit because side quests and dungeons are too easy at the moment.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I hate that Swedish feck who does the commentary on those videos. 90% of his comments are cursing who really is out of place.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
Swedes werent even real Vikings. They just try to leech on us Norwegians and our rich heritage.

Oh, and Redlambs, mages are pretty easy at the earlier levels, but because the system of level scaling enemies and spells scaling poorly, a mage gets harder and harder unless you ultra-enchant all your equipment so your spells cost no mana etc.

So Im pretty sure it will get more challenging if you keep leveling up.

beacon

All Creatures Great and Small
I died hundreds of times and sometimes I am down to nothing after a large battle, after consuming every last potion and piece of food I have. Getting stuck in-between 2 trolls and a frost dragon and such can be very stressful.
To be fair it sounds like you are at the other end of the big pansy scale from Redlambs :p. I barely ever use any potions, always forgetting I've got them. I keep having to dump them all because they take up so much weight.

I haven't died in battle for a long time now, but I'm a level 56 archer. I can pretty much take anything smaller than a dragon out with 2 arrows or less. It took me a good while to get to that though and I did a lot of dying on the way. Draugr deathlords still pose the occasional hassle if they spot me before I finish them off.

If you want to make dragons tougher, level up before you advance the main storyline. When you hit level 30 most of the dragons you get are Elder and Ancient (level 50) and they pose a much bigger trial. 2 Elders attacking you at the same time is a real struggle.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finally finished the main story on this tonight. Hadn't played it for a month or two. Done with the game I think now.

Redlambs

Finally finished the main story on this tonight. Hadn't played it for a month or two. Done with the game I think now.
I can't see myself lasting it out, everything in it just seems so shallow! I'm playing as a mage and there's a depressing lack of interesting spells, as a thief/ninja type character it's far too easy and there's no real fun in mining/creating things as all the things you create can are a dime a dozen anyway, and money is pretty pointless.

On the flip side I've being installing some graphics mods and they take the look to a whole new level and there's some interesting difficulty/magic mods out now so I might try and change the experience.

Or I might go back to Morrowind, and update that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I plan on hammering this on Friday/Saturday, get it all finished so that I can concentrate fully on Mass Effect 3 (which, will probably take 100+ hours of my time as I do the traditional two play throughs).

I doubt it's a game i'll ever come back to either... so will probably trade it in, though can't imagine I'll get more then a tenner credit (at best) at this point?

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/122/1221479p1.html

Bethesda parent company Zenimax Media has submitted a trademark application for new downloadable game content. In a filing submitted last month, Zenimax refers to a project called 'Dawnguard' that's specifically referred to as "computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles" and "downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices."

The filing doesn't link the project to any specific franchise, but given Bethesda's recent ideas about Skyrim DLC and the specific mention of both consoles and PC, a connection to that series is certainly possible. In the past, director Todd Howard commented that Skyrim DLC releases "don't have a timetable" and that "they'll have a lot of meat on them."

Outside of Skyrim, Bethesda has also recently been hiring for a next-gen project and Zenimax Online is rumored to be working on an Elder Scrolls MMO. For all we know, either of those projects could also be connected to the trademark filing. In the PC gaming world, even full games are technically "downloadable," so Dawnguard could just as easily be an entirely new game.

Skywarden

They should keep up:
On Wednesday, February 22, 2012
New Zenimax Trademark registration.. surprised no one has written about it yet (was filed Feb 17th.)

It's called "DAWNGUARD", and it appears to be Skyrim DLC, or less likely an expansion pack. Either way, it's a "downloadable game" and it doesn't sound like it's from the Fallout universe.
http://daeity.blogspot.se/2012/02/dawnguard.html

beacon

All Creatures Great and Small
Finally got my platinum on Wednesday, I saved the master criminal trophy until I'd done everything else I wanted to then went on a major killing spree in every hold. Much fun. I'm done for now. Nearly 300 hours of gameplay for £40 is an absolute steal if you ask me. I'll definitely load it up again when the DLC is released.

Sure, it has its problems but I have had great fun with this game. Started Fallout 3 after your recommendations yesterday and am loving it too. The scenery is a bit drab but the gameplay has been pretty good so far. After Skyrim the lack of loading times is really refreshing too. Just finished Vault 106 and the hallucinations, pretty atmospheric. It has a feel of Bioshock about it.

RedMist99

Just about to start this again. Never got round to finishing it first time round.

Question is: Should I be a warrior or a mage this time?

What would you say is more fun?

Rahul

I'm a pure mage (strictly magic only, no armor), but it gets really boring once you realise there's not much variation to the magic.

For a bit of a challenge, try to get by not using destruction ;)
I barely use destruction magic. I'm more one handed combat fitted out with heavy armour.

Again, like yourself, it gets quite boring once you attain a higher level of one handed conbat and you're able to push aside a majority of enemies with basic power attacks.

RedMist99

I chose High Elf in the end and I'm trying to be a pure mage.

What is amazing about this game is that although I put over 100 hours into my first play, so far I've done several sidequests that I never encountered on that.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Is it true Xbox is getting DLC first? This would annoy me seeing as I have both consoles and chose to get it on PS3

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
So no-one plays this anymore?

I got it a two weeks ago. Never should've, it consumes so much time. I'm at level 31, and archery's just about my only form of attack. Recently discovered the bonuses sneak carry with it. Suffice to say I should have done so much earlier.

I'm currently finishing the quests at the College of Winterhold and the Companions quests, just to tie up a few things before progressing with the main quests. Need to clear out some misc quests, they're annoying the shit out of me.