Elon Musk | Owner of X

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
It feels like words simply have no meaning anymore. Accepted terms with decades or even centuries of history, essays, debate, facts, opinions, etc behind them can now be used to mean pretty much anything you want. Nothing needs to have any basis in reality anymore.
May I interest you in the Hypernormalisation thread at this trying time?

stoinz

May I interest you in the Hypernormalisation thread at this trying time?
I accidentally got into the thread couple of days ago. Even more depressed. There is no room for sensible discussion when even the words you use can mean different things to different people.

On a side note, can't understand why every BBC documentary looks and feel like its made in the 1970s. Did they no update their equipments on was it intentionally done this way.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

I accidentally got into the thread couple of days ago. Even more depressed. There is no room for sensible discussion when even the words you use can mean different things to different people.

On a side note, can't understand why every BBC documentary looks and feel like its made in the 1970s. Did they no update their equipments on was it intentionally done this way.
:lol: - well they didn't have the latest tech I suppose.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The minds of these people are positively pickled

No one will care if he makes a phone, nor will they buy it because it will have no app store or device ecosystem to support it. It will probably look as cool as the Tesla Model Y

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I have no idea, but I assume he's trolling Apple. Poorly of course, but trolling.
Aren’t the shadows in the water just him taking this video and a man with the hair and the glasses of Cook?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
No way that study got by IACUC review, not that it would matter to anyone.
I wonder if there's any oversight, since it's not a university, and they probably don't care about peer-reviewed publishing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Interesting that he’s not backed it up with the metrics he’s using.

Hamnat

Interesting that he’s not backed it up with the metrics he’s using.
Apparently basing it off downloads and "activity".

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social...owth-tweet-bankruptcy-shutting-down-rcna59051

But, it sounds like people are downloading for the drama, or to see how racist, etc they can get away with being now. And that ultimately wont hold up as long as advertisers shy away from the cesspool. Ads pay the bills downloads do not. And if you switch to a pay model it will fail.

caid

Quite weird for someone to spend 44 billion on what seems to be deplatforming the left on one social media stie. Burning the wider site and investment to the ground being of little concern is just such a bizarre situation to me.

frostbite

Quite weird for someone to spend 44 billion on what seems to be deplatforming the left on one social media stie. Burning the wider site and investment to the ground being of little concern is just such a bizarre situation to me.
But he didn't ban, or deplatform, anyone. They are all still on Twitter, and they are all still posting daily.

One example, just a few minutes ago:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

In other news... (the chip will be able to tweet without using a phone!... joke! )

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/dec/01/elon-musk-brain-chip-human-trials-nueralink

Musk says brain chip to begin human trials soon – and plans to get one himself

World’s richest man says human trials will begin within six months during presentation at health tech company Neuralink
Will never happen, he'll never get one and if (huge if) they put one in a human, he'll go to prison.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
AOC not being banned from twitter is not an argument against the left being deplatformed.
Especially since 57% of the reason he bought Twitter was to get her attention. Like a teenage boy who does something stupid thinking it will impress a girl....but 44 billion times more stupid.

frostbite

Bernie, hasn't been deplatformed. He is tweeting right now! Who has been deplatformed???

frostbite

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Sorry, but I haven't heard about any of these people before. Who is Chad Loder? And they are saying that he was suspended because he reported now a Tweeter data breach from 2021, while providing zero evidence? Did you know Chad Loder before? Is he reliable?
Does it matter if you have heard of them before? That’s the key metric?

frostbite

Does it matter if you have heard of them before? That’s the key metric?
For me, yes it is. Do you believe people you have never heard before? Usually, I don't. Random guys are getting banned on Twitter, on facebook, on redcafe, everyday.

I am following, Bernie, AOC, Warren... All of them are tweeting as usual. I did not read any of them complaining about "deplatforming the left".

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
For me, yes it is. Do you believe people you have never heard before? Usually, I don't. Random guys are getting banned on Twitter, on facebook, on redcafe, everyday.

I am following, Bernie, AOC, Warren... All of them are tweeting as usual. I did not read any of them complaining about "deplatforming the left".

Temper the narcissism a bit. There are more leftists out there than just US politicians.

I typed in ‘leftists deplatformed on Twitter’ into Google & these were the first two responses. There’s probably many more. Take a peek for yourself.

frostbite

Temper the narcissism a bit. There are more leftists out there than just US politicians.

I typed in ‘leftists deplatformed on Twitter’ into Google & these were the first two responses. There’s probably many more. Take a peek for yourself.
What do you mean "narcissism"? That I know nothing about Chad Loder, so I don't consider this a case of "deplatforming the left"? The news you posted is about his claim of Tweeter data breach in 2021!

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I actively follow lots of politicians and news outlets such as Bernie, Warren, AOC, CNN, Jim Acosta just to name a small few.. I do not follow any right wing accounts except Trump.

I haven't seen a single Tweet from any of the accounts I follow in the top half of my Twitter feed for weeks now.

Here are the first 5 Tweets I see in my feed.

Followed by Bobo, Musk and other right wing loons...

I have to search to find any from Biden or anyone else I follow.