Elon Musk | Owner of X

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I actively follow lots of politicians and news outlets such as Bernie, Warren, AOC, CNN, Jim Acosta just to name a small few.. I do not follow any right wing accounts except Trump.

I haven't seen a single Tweet from any of the accounts I follow in the top half of my Twitter feed for weeks now.

Here are the first 5 Tweets I see in my feed.

Followed by Bobo, Musk and other right wing loons...

I have to search to find any from Biden or anyone else I follow.
Getting the exact same thing.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What do you mean "narcissism"? That I know nothing about Chad Loder, so I don't consider this a case of "deplatforming the left"? The news you posted is about his claim of Tweeter data breach in 2021!
Righto. Silly me. No deplatforming whatsoever since individual, well known politicians haven’t been silenced.

Don’t know what I was thinking.

frostbite

Righto. Silly me. No deplatforming whatsoever since individual, well known politicians haven’t been silenced.

Don’t know what I was thinking.
But you did not have any answer what "deplatforming the left" means, so you just googled it and you posted two random links! And on top of that you added "narcissism"!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
But you did not have any answer what "deplatforming the left" means, so you just googled it and you posted two random links! And on top of that you added "narcissism"!
Gave you three examples, they didn’t rise to your lofty standards of deplatforming as they were just laypeople, so here we are.

Hence the ‘narcissism’ add.

frostbite

It is not that the AOC, Bernie, Warren have not been silenced.

It is that they don't complain or mention this "deplatforming the left". They continue using Twitter as usual.

I am just saying that for me to believe that "deplatforming the left" is a real thing, I need some kind of proof, perhaps someone I know about (like Bernie, AOC, Warren) has to talk about it.

Edit: I don't consider "proof" random links on google for people I know nothing about.

Withnail

decorativeed

I actively follow lots of politicians and news outlets such as Bernie, Warren, AOC, CNN, Jim Acosta just to name a small few.. I do not follow any right wing accounts except Trump.

I haven't seen a single Tweet from any of the accounts I follow in the top half of my Twitter feed for weeks now.

Guaranteed for me is that within the first 3 tweets in my feed is someone I've never heard of with an $8 tick kissing Elon's arse and saying how he's a hero bringing back free speech. It's a joke at the moment.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It must be a settings thing because I still only see people I follow, but I have only ever seen those anyways. I did notice that "for some reason" in my privact settings the "Share Data with Partners" was magically checked. Weird since I am 1000000000% sure I disabled that when I joined and rechecked it a few weeks ago.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Guaranteed for me is that within the first 3 tweets in my feed is someone I've never heard of with an $8 tick kissing Elon's arse and saying how he's a hero bringing back free speech. It's a joke at the moment.
It should tell you why you're seeing those tweets, if you're not following them. My Twitter feed seems to work normally.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

Same here.
It's been a dramatic and inexplicable change that has to be very deliberate.
The top for my feed is now constantly full of horrible people and awful takes.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Musk is so so so high up on the list of people with incredibly punchable faces. He could save Twitter by a pay per view of Mike Tyson decking him. I’d pay.

mu4c_20le

I never liked any of musk's tweets but everytime I log in, one of his latest tweets is at the top

Simbo

I recommend the 'tweak new twitter' extension if you want to filter out the crap.

decorativeed

It should tell you why you're seeing those tweets, if you're not following them. My Twitter feed seems to work normally.
It does. It says Elon Musk in the subject line, and I can click it and tell it I'm not interested in the subject, but despite repeatedly doing so and blocking Musk, it's the same shit every time. Some no-mark subscribed to Twitter Blue practically rimming the guy is invariably the first thing I see.

caid

But he didn't ban, or deplatform, anyone. They are all still on Twitter, and they are all still posting daily.

One example, just a few minutes ago:

I guess im using deplatform as shorthand for limit the reach and visibility of. The tweet thread above my post being one example. It seems the only plausible strategy at this point (beyond musk being spectacularly stupid). I could definitely be wrong, i haven't being paying that much attention.
Thats my interpretation anyway, he bought it so he could destroy it.

stepic

I guess im using deplatform as shorthand for limit the reach and visibility of. The tweet thread above my post being one example. It seems the only plausible strategy at this point (beyond musk being spectacularly stupid). I could definitely be wrong, i haven't being paying that much attention.
Thats my interpretation anyway, he bought it so he could destroy it.
he is stupid. he overpaid it using a weed joke, didn't think he'd have to go through with it, tried to legally get out of it, is now stuck with it, has added even more debt onto it to be able to buy it for the weed joke amount, and is now forced to try and boost revenues with lame ideas like blue ticks which won't work. the guy is a businessman ultimately, although clearly in this case not a particularly savvy one, and there's no way he wants to waste $20b of his own money and saddle tesla with added debt just to destroy twitter. that's insane. i mean, he used it all the time before buying it, he clearly likes it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It does. It says Elon Musk in the subject line, and I can click it and tell it I'm not interested in the subject, but despite repeatedly doing so and blocking Musk, it's the same shit every time. Some no-mark subscribed to Twitter Blue practically rimming the guy is invariably the first thing I see.
Try changing your feed from “home” to “latest” so recommendations don’t play into it you just get your followed accounts in chronological order.

Lemoor

BannedYE?

Im expecting a full on meltdown at around 5:00pm

Musk is such a badass for restoring the thing he idiotically overturned for no reason, despite people telling him it would end exactly like it did.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
CNN is apparently laying off 100’s of people today and their ratings are in a nosedive. It’s almost like these right wing assholes have no idea that all viewers are not racist/bigoted assholes who want that as content.

DavelinaJolie

I'm confused. Why are people still on twitter? It seems like it is going to shit as predicted, with Musk now not really pretending to be a centrist anymore, as if anyone but his gullible cultists believed it. He owns the platform and despite his "Town square" bullshit, he's going to bend the platform to his worldview and nothing anyone with any semblance of a reasonable voice can say will do bugger all about it. He's clearly not interested in reading any genuine criticism, just wanting it to fan the flames of internet arguments and media coverage.

So what's the point in the playing the game? Isn't documenting and critiquing his actions on twitter just people screaming into a void they're already sucked up in?

Maybe I'm just overly cynical and defeatist. But if all those critics left the platform it would surely have a bigger impact than continuing to give it material and increase its numbers. Let it become a horde of bots circlejerking and a bunch of sadsacks saying how great Musk's and Jordan Peterson's (those two shitheads seem like they'd get on great guns) new technical wellbeing plan to deliver a bullet into each of their bollocks will provide a revolutionary solution to treating mental disorders and help them find the self discipline to keep their rooms tidy.

I'm sure I'm wrong in all of this somewhere. It's just sad seeing these tweetpeople document something so fecking obvious, or tweeting sneering, predictable jokes about Musk, and wondering why they think they're helping anything.

I'm going to regret posting this.

Superden

Compared to all the shit the trump mafia have got upto, the hunter Biden laptop stuff is a drop in the ocean...and yet to the right wing it's like the be all and end all. So self declared centrist Elon decides of all the issues to focus on.....

roseguy64

I'm confused. Why are people still on twitter? It seems like it is going to shit as predicted, with Musk now not really pretending to be a centrist anymore, as if anyone but his gullible cultists believed it. He owns the platform and despite his "Town square" bullshit, he's going to bend the platform to his worldview and nothing anyone with any semblance of a reasonable voice can say will do bugger all about it. He's clearly not interested in reading any genuine criticism, just wanting it to fan the flames of internet arguments and media coverage.

So what's the point in the playing the game? Isn't documenting and critiquing his actions on twitter just people screaming into a void they're already sucked up in?

Maybe I'm just overly cynical and defeatist. But if all those critics left the platform it would surely have a bigger impact than continuing to give it material and increase its numbers. Let it become a horde of bots circlejerking and a bunch of sadsacks saying how great Musk's and Jordan Peterson's (those two shitheads seem like they'd get on great guns) new technical wellbeing plan to deliver a bullet into each of their bollocks will provide a revolutionary solution to treating mental disorders and help them find the self discipline to keep their rooms tidy.

I'm sure I'm wrong in all of this somewhere. It's just sad seeing these tweetpeople document something so fecking obvious, or tweeting sneering, predictable jokes about Musk, and wondering why they think they're helping anything.

I'm still on twitter because despite the nonsense it's still the best social media site. I've just managed to avoid enough of the nonsense.

NotThatSoph

This is slightly interesting in the context of Alex Jones, who will remain banned. Musk said that the amnesty was for everyone except spammers and those who have broken the law. Jones lost a civil trial, and I guess there's some ambiguity about what that means, but Anglin is currently hiding in Thailand to get out of paying for several judgements againts him. There's also a warrant out for his arrest.

I don't mind Jones being banned, of course, but it does show that Musk does not have any free speech ideal he's following. Not that this wasn't obvious before, though.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

I don’t use Twitter ‘properly’.

I don’t follow anyone. I don’t let anyone follow me.

Pre Musk, the home page and trending page and responses to tweets were daily balanced. Lots of nutty shit, both left and right. But the same tweet several hours later would look different.

Now?… Nutty right wing bent tweets with lots of interaction just sit there. The first 20-50 replies are almost exclusively right wing nuts.

That’s an anecdotal response. It’s not a study. But it’s really weird. The site is now pointless for me. PMQ’s didn’t event appear for me this week. Javids resignation didn’t register.

The highest performing shit is mental right wing shite. No idea if that’s the experience of all users.

Hamnat

Twitter Keeps Missing Its Advertising Targets as Woes Mount
The World Cup has historically been a boon for Twitter, bringing in record traffic and an influx of advertising dollars.

But this time, when the global soccer tournament started on Nov. 20, Twitter’s U.S. ad revenue was running at 80 percent below internal expectations for that week, three people with knowledge of the figures said.

In tandem, Twitter was rapidly cutting its revenue projections. The company previously forecast that it would generate $1.4 billion in the last three months of the year, down from $1.6 billion a year ago because of the global economic downturn. But as Twitter kept missing its weekly advertising targets, that number slid to $1.3 billion, then to $1.1 billion, two people said.

Elon Musk, Twitter’s new owner, has warned repeatedly that his social media company faces dire financial straits. Interviews with seven former employees and internal documents seen by The New York Times paint a fuller picture of Twitter’s financial woes.
Other advertisers are concerned that their Twitter advertising data might be shared with Mr. Musk’s other companies. G.M., the first brand to announce that it had paused its Twitter advertising in late October, sought assurances that its data would not be shared with Tesla, two people said. It also asked for a way to keep its information separate from systems that Tesla’s engineers had access to, they said, given that Mr. Musk had brought Tesla employees into Twitter to navigate the ownership change.

“It’s important for us to ensure our advertising strategies and data can be safely managed by a platform owned by a competitor,” a G.M. spokesman said in a statement.