Elon Musk | Owner of X

NotThatSoph

Maguire like response, executed like Fred

Hint: some are opinions which can have good arguments for both sides
What does that even mean, I'm responding like Maguire, but doing it like Fred would? Unless they write forum posts in an identical manner that seems impossible. Or am I typing like Fred would type if he was trying to be like Maguire?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It has been proven that the government asked to ban certain people / opinions or not? Just cause they had a different take on covid?

On a serious note: at that time, it was neither socially nor medically proven how it would impact us. Certain doctors, not conspiracy idiots, were banned from addressing certain issues or different viewpoints. On request of the government. Now you can disagree with their opinion, but now, 3 years later, it shows that a ban was not justified. This is not Nazi Germany and I believe in a society that has room and time for all kind of opinions (except extremistic ones). And twitter played a huge role in that and were working for the left wing policies. That itself is an issue, left or right should not matter.
But here, many are willing to make an exception as it fits their ideology - but life does not work like that, especially in times were it is harder and harder to find out whether things are right or not. My liberal viewpoint wont change just because Elon bought Twitter. I dont care about it. But I do care when people claim it was all perfect before he showed up. And if that makes me a fanboi to some, they just try to avoid the big elephant in the room.
Total bollocks, it's absolutely feck all to do with politics. It's only right wing talking heads and con artists who want to make it about politics as they have nothing else to talk about. I'll say it one last time and then I'm done.

It is an entirely false equivalence you draw between (in your opinion) an incorrect ban on some doctors during a pandemic that Twitter employees thought were spreading misinformation (whether they were correct or not), and someone regularly and deliberately amplifying misinformation for personal gain/satisfaction.

You are allowed to make a mistake when trying to do the right thing, that makes you fallible and human, whereas if you are deliberately making a mistake in order to engineer a socially undesirable outcome that benefits you then you're just a cnut.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
You're an idiot if this is what you gathered from my points I made above.
No I am not,

it turns out all your issues with people being banned on Twitter will be about people banned for nonsense during COVID.

Just tell us your opinions on the Vaccine and how Lockdowns were a part of a government conspiracy and we will all be able to move on.

Bert_

What an eye opener. The reports that Elon and his child were attacked after he was doxexd by flight trackers were completely true. Just look at the evidence detailed in the article....

Reuters said:
Responding to a Tweet on the account suspensions, Musk, who has described himself as a free speech absolutist, tweeted: "Same doxxing rules apply to 'journalists' as to everyone else," a reference to Twitter rules banning the sharing of personal information, called doxxing.

Musk's tweet referred to Twitter's Wednesday suspension of @elonjet, an account tracking his private jet in real time using data available in the public domain. Musk had threatened legal action against the account's operator, saying his son had been mistakenly followed by a "crazy stalker".
feck off

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
What an eye opener. The reports that Elon and his child were attacked after he was doxexd by flight trackers were completely true. Just look at the evidence detailed in the article....

feck off
Unequivocal.

I'm glad we also finally know how Elon feels about Hogwarts Legacy and his disgust at Man City's FFP fraud.

Did I miss anything else in there?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
It has been proven that the government asked to ban certain people / opinions or not? Just cause they had a different take on covid?
And Trump got Twitter to remove Tweets too.... His Government was equally as complicit in social media control. Probably moreso as their intentions were far more malicious or self serving rather than simply preventing misinformation in a pandemic and the suppression of data from a laptop that was already out in the open.

It baffles me how you can't admit how bad Twitter has become and how you can continue to defend a totally incompetent, narcissistic moron with clear mental issues. Musk is a laughing stock to everyone except his famboi base. It's pathetic to watch how they defend him, but also unsurprising they never back their defence up with facts.

Last edited:

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Unequivocal.

I'm glad we also finally know how Elon feels about Hogwarts Legacy and his disgust at Man City's FFP fraud.

Did I miss anything else in there?
I saw some pics of nude women. Although when looking back I might've clicked the wrong tab..

Edit: Nope, nude women in both the Musk article and the other one. You'll see them if you sorta read in between the lines where they describe how Musk said he wouldn't ban the flight tracking account and then did it anyway because he's a free speech absolutist.

Raven

On a serious note: at that time, it was neither socially nor medically proven how it would impact us. Certain doctors, not conspiracy idiots, were banned from addressing certain issues or different viewpoints. On request of the government. Now you can disagree with their opinion, but now, 3 years later, it shows that a ban was not justified. This is not Nazi Germany and I believe in a society that has room and time for all kind of opinions (except extremistic ones). And twitter played a huge role in that and were working for the left wing policies. That itself is an issue, left or right should not matter.
But here, many are willing to make an exception as it fits their ideology - but life does not work like that, especially in times were it is harder and harder to find out whether things are right or not. My liberal viewpoint wont change just because Elon bought Twitter. I dont care about it. But I do care when people claim it was all perfect before he showed up. And if that makes me a fanboi to some, they just try to avoid the big elephant in the room.
:nervous:

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I'm not saying I hope Elon Musk gets run over by a car and dies. Of course I'm not saying that.
How sure are we he hasn't been already and replaced by a Russian robot, and no one has noticed the difference?

Halftrack

It's funny how it's always the most easily led and gullible who call others sheep, when all they need to believe something is a Facebook meme.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Oh someone just put him out of his misery. He can't be enjoying his life as a failure right now.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Oh someone just put him out of his misery. He can't be enjoying his life as a failure right now.
As an anti-Elon person for the last few years, having to deal with memes showing him as a real-life Tony Stark and having friends believe he will land on Mars by 2020, this vindication that he is a talentless, fail-upwards, lucky moron is brilliant. Long may it continue.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Petition to change this thread to Twitter | Owned by Elon Musk so we can put all non-twitter related musk content in the epic bacon adventures (the better thread)

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Yep. It certainly seems that way. Previously only the odd Musk tweet appeared in my timeline (like his "should I sack myself" poll) - now he's there all the time.

I've no desire to engage with him and he's killing the algorithms that made Twitter attractive. A couple of the accounts I follow now only show up when they reply to a tweet, not when they tweet. A couple of automated accounts that I like to see are being squeezed out of my homepage and were threatened with extinction by API rule changes (which got partially revoked a couple of days after announcement)

If it's about making money, the headless chicken strategy ends up with the chicken dying. Maybe he'll get bored soon.

Simbo

I've pretty much stopped using Twitter on my phone now. It's only bearable using browser extensions that filter out all the crap.