Elon Musk | Owner of X

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah, he‘s had a very shitty career so far… How about your resume?
Built and maintain a collection of very successful mobile and web Apps funnily enough. Thanks for asking.

NotThatSoph

To clarify, the story is this:

Musk claims that his car was attacked by a stalker. That the guy followed his car, got out, and started jumping on it. He claims that his kids were in his car at the time (kind of. He said kid, Grimes said kids.) I think "attacked" is a pretty fair description of the claims. He also claimed a connection to the tracking of his jet.

None of this happened, it was a lie. No kids in the car, nothing to do with Musk. A security guard was involved, and he was the one who initianted the confrontation. No jumping on any cars. The guy was maybe stalking Grimes, but not Musk. Any public information, like the location of Musk's private jet, was completely irrelevant.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
They were never attacked. People still don’t get that it was another issue. Pointless to re-discuss it again

NotThatSoph

They were never attacked. People still don’t get that it was another issue. Pointless to re-discuss it again
Is it not an attack to follow someone in their car, get out in traffic, and jump on their car?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
To clarify, the story is this:

Musk claims that his car was attacked by a stalker. That the guy followed his car, got out, and started jumping on it. He claims that his kids were in his car at the time (kind of. He said kid, Grimes said kids.) I think "attacked" is a pretty fair description of the claims. He also claimed a connection to the tracking of his jet.

None of this happened, it was a lie. No kids in the car, nothing to do with Musk. A security guard was involved, and he was the one who initianted the confrontation. No jumping on any cars. The guy was maybe stalking Grimes, but not Musk. Any public information, like the location of Musk's private jet, was completely irrelevant.
Why do you know that it was not true?
The issue was that some journalists doxxed the kids/cars, and that the rules are you cant post live locations. At least that‘s what I understood

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Built and maintain a collection of very successful mobile and web Apps funnily enough. Thanks for asking.
Good for you brother. But to call him very stupid whilst he‘s one of the top entrepreneurs is still a bit rich. Hate him or love him

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I was banned until recently from this thread. But funny that you bring Twitter up today, guess you missed the hearings. You can close your eyes as much as you want or have your one sided view, but reality still looks different
We must have seen different hearings today.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
How do you know, it's been reported?

At this point I assume you know he made the whole story up, which is why you constantly change the subject.
I was talking about how rotten Twitter was before, but the rage only comes now that Musk took over. It is the hypocrisy that annoys me

NotThatSoph

Why do you know that it was not true?
The issue was that some journalists doxxed the kids/cars, and that the rules are you cant post live locations. At least that‘s what I understood
We know it's not true because it doesn't make any sense and because the police got involved.

No, no journalists doxxed the car, kids or no kids. It never happened, it hasn't been reported. I don't know why you think this, if you read someone lying on twitter or if you're the one making it up, but it didn't happen. How on earth do you even suppose that this was going on? "Hello, journalist here, a car connected to Musk has been observed right outside of where Grimes lives!"

The rules about live locations were introduced after the fact. It's because Musk didn't like the jet thing, which is why he lied about the car.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We know it's not true because it doesn't make any sense and because the police got involved.

No, no journalists doxxed the car, kids or no kids. It never happened, it hasn't been reported. I don't know why you think this, if you read someone lying on twitter or if you're the one making it up, but it didn't happen. How on earth do you even suppose that this was going on? "Hello, journalist here, a car connected to Musk has been observed right outside of where Grimes lives!"

The rules about live locations were introduced after the fact. It's because Musk didn't like the jet thing, which is why he lied about the car.
Where does it say it never happened? There were reports that it actually happened.
Where you also annoyed when other journalists got banned 2-3 years ago when Covid broke out?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Most likely. I saw those where the former management had no answer as to why they banned top doctors who voiced another opinion. You must have overseen these I guess
‘Top’ doctors, :lol:

It’s a private business, they can do what they want.

You obviously missed when the internal rules were changed specifically for the Trump admin & it was the same admin contacting Twitter to force suppression of critical tweets.

It seems like conservative politicians are guilty of what they are trying to blame on others.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Good for you brother. But to call him very stupid whilst he‘s one of the top entrepreneurs is still a bit rich. Hate him or love him
Stupid is as stupid does.

He’s done a lot of really stupid shit already at Twitter. What’s your excuse for that?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
‘Top’ doctors, :lol:

It’s a private business, they can do what they want.

You obviously missed when the internal rules were changed specifically for the Trump admin & it was the same admin contacting Twitter to force suppression of critical tweets.

It seems like conservative politicians are guilty of what they are trying to blame on others.
You miss the point completely. And to say that it was an ok decision as it was a private business - then what‘s the rage now when Elon decides on his own company. Hypocrisy at its best

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Stupid is as stupid does.

He’s done a lot of really stupid shit already at Twitter. What’s your excuse for that?
But that is not the point. The point is that Twitter has done a lot of stupid shit before but you only get enraged once it does not fit your narrative anymore

Bebe

yep agreed. I think twitter needed a good ceo to turn them profitable instead they got the final nail in the coffin with musk

personally I think his desire and appeal to be seen as a cult figure and popular billionaire got to him. It’s pretty much his downfall.
Fame is a powerful drug indeed.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You miss the point completely. And to say that it was an ok decision as it was a private business - then what‘s the rage now when Elon decides on his own company. Hypocrisy at its best
Then explain to me this point I seem to be missing. Dumb it down for me.

He most certainly can do what he wants to the company. Free speech was never in jeopardy.

Don’t forget to elucidate that point to me.

Last edited:

NotThatSoph

Where does it say it never happened? There were reports that it actually happened.
Where you also annoyed when other journalists got banned 2-3 years ago when Covid broke out?
This is so simple. You're the one repeating that "it's been reported", just show a report!

We have a police report where one of Musk's security guard is the subject for ramming into the car of another guy. It didn't happen in traffic, as claimed by Musk/Grimes, it happened in a parking lot close to where Grimes lives. No evidence of any kids, or Grimes, being there. No evidence of any jumping. No evidence of anyone on Twitter, journalist or not, saying where the car was.

I don't know why you're trying to change the subect to covid. By that I mean that I know why you're trying to change the subject, because regardless of your initial motivation you now by know that your claim about doxxing isn't true and you don't want to admit that, but I don't know why you chose covid. Now I'm the liar, because I know that as well.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
But that is not the point. The point is that Twitter has done a lot of stupid shit before but you only get enraged once it does not fit your narrative anymore
Twitter’s decisions in the past was in the interest of the business. Twitter’s decisions recently have been at the whim of Musk, often against the interest of the business.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Most likely. I saw those where the former management had no answer as to why they banned top doctors who voiced another opinion. You must have overseen these I guess
Oh,
You are a COVID conspiracy theorist.
You could have saved us all a bit of time and said that.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Twitter’s decisions in the past was in the interest of the business. Twitter’s decisions recently have been at the whim of Musk, often against the interest of the business.
Except that it has not. And the Twitter files clearly proved that

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
And you're a hypocrite. If it fits your agenda, you're fine. If bad Elon is doing it, you hate it...
Spreading disinformation while censoring/limiting the reach of those who spread real information, is not the same as censoring/limiting the reach of those spreading disinformation.

It's not a political thing, it's a basic manners and ethics thing. Taking money in exchange for letting someone do harm is as unethical as it gets.

To put it in a "real life" sort of way, you're not doing harm by barring people who fight or sell illegal goods in your pub. They can go to a different pub. And if they act the cnut there then they could expect to get barred there too. But by barring them you have hopefully set a standard showing that violence or selling illegal goods is unacceptable in your pub.

On the other hand you are doing harm if when someone fights or sells illegal goods in your pub you give them a free pint and bar the person they assaulted. You are setting a precedent that rewards bad behaviour, possibly because you think that person has more money. That is the definition of unethical.

nimic

something nice
Scout
This is so simple. You're the one repeating that "it's been reported", just show a report!

We have a police report where one of Musk's security guard is the subject for ramming into the car of another guy. It didn't happen in traffic, as claimed by Musk/Grimes, it happened in a parking lot close to where Grimes lives. No evidence of any kids, or Grimes, being there. No evidence of any jumping. No evidence of anyone on Twitter, journalist or not, saying where the car was.

I don't know why you're trying to change the subect to covid. By that I mean that I know why you're trying to change the subject, because regardless of your initial motivation you now by know that your claim about doxxing isn't true and you don't want to admit that, but I don't know why you chose covid. Now I'm the liar, because I know that as well.
He's never going to reply to this post.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Do you like Elon?
Not particularly. But I make judgments not on sympathy, like many in here do. And I find this hypocritical.

I dont have a single product from Elon nor do I deny any flaws. But to say that everything is shit since he took over twitter and be fine what happened before is naive to say the least

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Spreading disinformation while censoring/limiting the reach of those who spread real information, is not the same as censoring/limiting the reach of those spreading disinformation.

It's not a political thing, it's a basic manners and ethics thing. Taking money in exchange for letting someone do harm is as unethical as it gets.

To put it in a "real life" sort of way, you're not doing harm by barring people who fight or sell illegal goods in your pub. They can go to a different pub. And if they act the cnut there then they could expect to get barred there too. But by barring them you have hopefully set a standard showing that violence or selling illegal goods is unacceptable in your pub.

On the other hand you are doing harm if when someone fights or sells illegal goods in your pub you give them a free pint and bar the person they assaulted. You are setting a precedent that rewards bad behaviour, possibly because you think that person has more money. That is the definition of unethical.
This has been proven to be wrong on so many accounts. Hence there is now this huge discussion in the US with an official hearing. The problem is always the same: people are fine with whatever fits their narrative.