Elon Musk | Owner of X

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Will this not just result in the most controversial users being enticed to become even more controversial?
You can say like some of the alt-right folks on Youtube except under Musk they might get even more leeway. I said it is potentially a good decision since if Twitter can get the fly wheel of Content creators, consumers and advertisers feeding off each other as well as Youtube with money coming off subscriptions on top of it then it can be a game changer of sorts.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
One of the worst things he's done is adverts in the fecking replies. Atrocious.

Also my For You tab is just multiple instances of Musk replying to dumb conspiracy shit with "Interesting" or "Concerning".

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
One of the worst things he's done is adverts in the fecking replies. Atrocious.

Also my For You tab is just multiple instances of Musk replying to dumb conspiracy shit with "Interesting" or "Concerning".
It’s basically just a big ego trip for him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s done something to make everyone’s “For You” feed align with his own.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Since people are talking about twitter here, why am I getting this message? "You are over the daily limit for sending Tweets." I tweeted 3 times today, is this a new thing?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Since people are talking about twitter here, why am I getting this message? "You are over the daily limit for sending Tweets." I tweeted 3 times today, is this a new thing?
Yeah, Elon fecked it up again apparently.

mu4c_20le

Have you been tweeting like a bot lately? :wenger:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
All of those people who said that Musk firing all of those engineers was acceptable because Twitter didn't innovate enough, and it's not difficult to maintain a service like that 24/7, would probably still tweet their support for him if they were able to.

The Firestarter

I also remember someone telling us it could be coded by a few talented 15 year olds :lol:
I wonder why a stable genius such as Elon himself hasn't yet rewritten everything from scratch and how long is he going to put up with this. You give people a place to sleep with zero commute time and what do they give you? A shitburger.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Per rumours there will soon be a limit on how many tweets and other activities non-Blue subscribers can execute. These glitches make sense if that is going to be the case. Some API changes probably got mistakenly activated on production.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
All of those people who said that Musk firing all of those engineers was acceptable because Twitter didn't innovate enough, and it's not difficult to maintain a service like that 24/7, would probably still tweet their support for him if they were able to.
maybe he fired a few extra than needed but they had to fire staff there was no way around it every other tech company as done the same following a crazy hiring spree mid to late 2020

thing is musk is an idiot and just can’t run twitter properly unrelated to that

shamans

I also remember someone telling us it could be coded by a few talented 15 year olds :lol:
Some people know a little about software to think they know a lot.

it’s like me seeing Rooney score and thinking I could put the ball in the back of the net with my leg as well what’s the big deal

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Per rumours there will soon be a limit on how many tweets and other activities non-Blue subscribers can execute. These glitches make sense if that is going to be the case. Some API changes probably got mistakenly activated on production.
You have a product which millions of authors contribute billions of words of interesting content for free on a daily basis which in turn attracts millions of customers every single hour and your idea is to start charging those authors for the privilege of creating this content for you.

There is stupid and then there is Elon Musk.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
maybe he fired a few extra than needed but they had to fire staff there was no way around it every other tech company as done the same following a crazy hiring spree mid to late 2020

thing is musk is an idiot and just can’t run twitter properly unrelated to that
Different argument though - I'm talking specifically about the folk that said managing Twitter day to day and maintaining services was so easy a bunch of 13 year olds would be able to do it.

Edit: you've already replied to a similar comment so I'll just tip my hat and say good day.

shamans

Different argument though - I'm talking specifically about the folk that said managing Twitter day to day and maintaining services was so easy a bunch of 13 year olds would be able to do it.

Edit: you've already replied to a similar comment so I'll just tip my hat and say good day.
yep agreed. I think twitter needed a good ceo to turn them profitable instead they got the final nail in the coffin with musk

personally I think his desire and appeal to be seen as a cult figure and popular billionaire got to him. It’s pretty much his downfall.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
yep agreed. I think twitter needed a good ceo to turn them profitable instead they got the final nail in the coffin with musk

personally I think his desire and appeal to be seen as a cult figure and popular billionaire got to him. It’s pretty much his downfall.
You're bang on I think.

NotThatSoph

It's interesting how people just seem to have forgotten that he made up the whole thing about his kids getting attacked in his car. Even people like @Escobar.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
It's interesting how people just seem to have forgotten that he made up the whole thing about his kids getting attacked in his car. Even people like @Escobar.
I was banned until recently from this thread. But funny that you bring Twitter up today, guess you missed the hearings. You can close your eyes as much as you want or have your one sided view, but reality still looks different

The Firestarter

You have a product which millions of authors contribute billions of words of interesting content for free on a daily basis which in turn attracts millions of customers every single hour and your idea is to start charging those authors for the privilege of creating this content for you.

Intelligence creativity hard work and all

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I was banned until recently from this thread. But funny that you bring Twitter up today, guess you missed the hearings. You can close your eyes as much as you want or have your one sided view, but reality still looks different
So his kids were attacked?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

Yeah, he‘s had a very shitty career so far… How about your resume?

Revan

Assumptionman
Did you see in the hearings about Twitter specifically changing their anti-hate policy so it doesn’t have to ban President PussyAssBitch? Or that his team asked Twitter to remove tweets abusive to him?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Did you see in the hearings about Twitter specifically changing their anti-hate policy so it doesn’t have to ban President PussyAssBitch?
Whatever you try to say here, it is clear as day that Twitter was completely rotten. But at that time it didn’t matter to you as it fitted your own narrative

NotThatSoph

How do you know, it's been reported?

At this point I assume you know he made the whole story up, which is why you constantly change the subject.

Revan

Assumptionman
Whatever you try to say here, it is clear as day that Twitter was completely rotten. But at that time it didn’t matter to you as it fitted your own narrative
What I am trying to say is that Twitter changed their anti-hate policy so it doesn’t have to ban Trump. And that Trump’s team asked Twitter to ban a tweet that was abusive to him.

Talking about right-wing censoring and cancel culture that righties complain all the time. Unless it helps them. Same about free speech which is sacred (and misunderstood), until it suddenly doesn’t go well with their views (see Elon since he bought Twitter).