Elon Musk | Owner of X

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I hate shiba inus. Neurotic little feckers.
Hey!! Shiba Inus are awesome! feck Musk for potentially ruining the reputation of a great dog*.

*if you want a dog that listens to commands and aim to please the owner, the shiba inu is not a great dog. They are basically half cat, half dog. Maybe that's why they look so much like foxes?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Don't people pay a fee for the BBC only if they have a TV sub or something? Doesnt seem like that classifies as government funded...

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The Taibbi thing is amazing. Literally sold his soul for information that he believed would be transformative and the decades biggest scoop, which turned out to be a nothing burger and then gets ditched by Musk.

Like, how I know he did it all for money but he's burned all of his credibility for that charlatan.

Again, I've been on the Musk is a complete scumbag and lunatic train for a LONG time and part of me is really glad the wider public (not just me being an obsessive nerd on niche issues like illegal labour practices at Tesla and financial irregularities etc) are getting to see who this compete loser is, for real.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

This was really enjoyable to read.

:lol: i don't know who that guy is but how embarrassing to be so categorically wrong and called out on it so definitively. That was satisfying to watch for some reason.
Shame because his Vampire Squid piece in Rolling Stone is absolutely phenomenal work.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Don't people pay a fee for the BBC only if they have a TV sub or something? Doesnt seem like that classifies as government funded...
Because the BBC get grants but the fee is legally enforced by the government via "licence fee" which could be seen as a tax

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Chris Best, founder of substack, isn't banned on twitter. you just can't search for his profile either.

It really is embarrassing how he has turned it into his own petty plaything.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

roseguy64

Twitter was allowing people to see the circle tweets of people you follow when you aren't in their circle.

Just a mess of an app currently. People who paid for Twitter Blue one time still have the checkmark also because of the convoluted way that removing people works, which also makes less sense to add more people to it and make it even harder.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
An investors-approved statement, I would assume.

Imagine having the money he has and spending your nights like that.
Imagine having the money he has and living your life like that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The mad thing is he seems to think that him sleeping on-site will somehow help sort out the mess that he created. Twitter needs less involvement from Musk to survive, not more.
Yeah you’d think someone working that hard would be making great strides but all he’s done is fire half the workforce, go in a massive circle regarding ‘verification’ and change the logo to a doge. He’s pushing himself to the edge for the shittiest things :lol:

fellwin

He is most likely lying to appear "hardcore", like the time he pretended he didnt have a house while living in his billionare friends giant house. Or the time he said he was sleeping on the roof of Tesla.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The mad thing is he seems to think that him sleeping on-site will somehow help sort out the mess that he created. Twitter needs less involvement from Musk to survive, not more.
I also particularly like how for years I’ve seen crypto bros sharing memes with “WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER” and documenting the life of the super rich and all the little life hacks they have and then you have the richest man in the world, absolutely lost, sleeping at his office.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

He is most likely lying to appear "hardcore", like the time he pretended he didnt have a house while living in his billionare friends giant house. Or the time he said he was sleeping on the roof of Tesla.
Yes, it's all bollocks. He's all show.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I also particularly like how for years I’ve seen crypto bros sharing memes with “WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER” and documenting the life of the super rich and all the little life hacks they have and then you have the richest man in the world, absolutely lost, sleeping at his office.
Crypto bros are weirdos but the whole sleeping in the office thing is what you’d expect from a founder of a tech start up. That’s the energy he’s trying to give off. Which is obviously particularly pathetic from the CEO of a mature company like Twitter.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Crypto bros are weirdos but the whole sleeping in the office thing is what you’d expect from a founder of a tech start up. That’s the energy he’s trying to give off. Which is obviously particularly pathetic from the CEO of a mature company like Twitter.
I've always found the "sleeping in the office thing" a substitute for actual ability, talent and knowledge.

Like, I don't know what I am doing but look how hard I am working and how much I believe in my product Mr VC Cheque Writer.

It also serves as a stick with which you can beat lesser paid and lesser invested workers to hammer themselves for your company (even though you're the one who will primarily benefit).

Strikes me as so performative and cliche it might as well be wearing a hoody and t shirt under a blazer.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Amazing interview by that idiot BBC reporter about the hate speach. Even funnier that BBC aired it :lol:

Halftrack

Amazing interview by that idiot BBC reporter about the hate speach. Even funnier that BBC aired it :lol:
What are your thought on the Twitter files being thoroughly debunked and exposed for the made-up bullshit that everyone always knew they were?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
What are your thought on the Twitter files being thoroughly debunked and exposed for the made-up bullshit that everyone always knew they were?
I long for the day these people are ignored rather than entertained on here.

Balljy

it was a live interview on Twitter Spaces and the BBC so they couldn't exactly not air it. It was also done with a couple of hours notice.

Why does he always have to behave like such an immature fecking child?! Oooh. So edgy.
The last few articles I've read about Twitter have ended with " The company continues to auto-reply with a poop emoji to all requests sent to its public relations email address.". That's something a 5 year old would find funny.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Must be tough for you that people have different opinions.
I’ve got no problem with people who have different opinions as long as they can argue them in good faith, present their opinions with logic and address the arguments that others present to them. You’re incapable of none of those things and it’s tiresome.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I’ve got no problem with people who have different opinions as long as they can argue them in good faith, present their opinions with logic and address the arguments that others present to them. You’re incapable of none of those things and it’s tiresome.
Contradicting yourself there mate

Lemoor

It's beyond pointless.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Contradicting yourself there mate
:lol: Took a full 5 minutes to prove @Pexbo’s point.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Where were they debunked and by whom?
I think hes referring to the interview Taibbi did with Mehdi Hasan.

This one:

Here's a text breakdown of what the interview purports to show:
Tech Dirt: Mehdi Hasan Dismantles The Entire Foundation Of The Twitter Files As Matt Taibbi Stumbles To Defend It

I personally don't think it entirely debunks it. I think some questionable actions were attempted with various degrees of success, but I do think it demonstrates how overhyped the entire thing became and how Taibbi quite clearly lost his objectivity while writing it up.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think hes referring to the interview Taibbi did with Mehdi Hasan.

This one:

Here's a text breakdown of what the interview purports to show:
Tech Dirt: Mehdi Hasan Dismantles The Entire Foundation Of The Twitter Files As Matt Taibbi Stumbles To Defend It

I personally don't think it entirely debunks it. I think some questionable actions were attempted with various degrees of success, but I do think it demonstrates how overhyped the entire thing became and how Taibbi quite clearly lost his objectivity while writing it up.
Thanks, lots to read. Will do so over the weekend