Elon Musk | Owner of X

HTG

Supports
Bayern
And people still continue to frequent this page. :lol:

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Used Twitter for 7 minutes earlier, and I'm already seeing a "Can't retrieve tweets at this time". Has the thick cnut already made the change, or is this another issue?

laughtersassassin

Twitter and Reddit in a race to lose all their users.

Shame because they're the only social media I use for sport

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Twitter and Reddit in a race to lose all their users.

Shame because they're the only social media I use for sport
Reddit I can understand and there are some cool subreddits, but Twitter is an absolute cesspit. Why anyone would even set a toe there is beyond me.

laughtersassassin

Reddit I can understand and there are some cool subreddits, but Twitter is an absolute cesspit. Why anyone would even set a toe there is beyond me.
Depends who you follow mate. Follow the right people for what your interested in and it can be good

gormless

It is the primary source of news for a large amount of people. Social media is what you make of it. Follow dickheads and of course it will be awful. Follow people who you find interesting and it is engaging. Just blindly putting something down as “cesspit” is just silly really

nimic

something nice
Scout
:lol: What the hell? Just 600 posts a day one can read! :wenger: Seems like he wants to kill advertising as a revenue model completely.

It is one thing for him to blow his own money on this bizarre misadventure but what the feck are banks who gave him the loans are doing?
Right, isn't that basically just setting a cap on how much money advertisers can make? If Twitter is losing money from people using Twitter a lot, it's just dead. Immediately.

ChaddyP

With all due respect you sound like someone that's heard of twitter and not someone that actually uses it.

I follow my friends, like minded people, football update accounts, world news journalist, local news, car accounts, anime community, photography accounts and I get immense joy and use out of the app.

I met my wife of ten years on the app. It's a cesspool for people that want it to be a cesspool

nimic

something nice
Scout
It is the primary source of news for a large amount of people. Social media is what you make of it. Follow dickheads and of course it will be awful. Follow people who you find interesting and it is engaging. Just blindly putting something down as “cesspit” is just silly really
Though if you venture into the replies to people who are interesting and engaging, you are much more likely to find far-right trolls. Before the replies to those accounts often added information or nuance, now it's very nearly 100% useless shit. And it's a deliberate decision by Musk, obviously.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
With all due respect you sound like someone that's heard of twitter and not someone that actually uses it.

I follow my friends, like minded people, football update accounts, world news journalist, local news, car accounts, anime community, photography accounts and I get immense joy and use out of the app.

I met my wife of ten years on the app. It's a cesspool for people that want it to be a cesspool
That was pre-Elon twitter. Now its a cesspool of alt right sad acts who pay $8 a month to boost their voices.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That was pre-Elon twitter. Now its a cesspool of alt right sad acts who pay $8 a month to boost their voices.
Thus far I wasn't that impacted by Musk's changes, I guess staying out of the American bubble and not clicking on trends helped a lot, but fecking hell this was basically a kill-switch for the platform. Even if they remove this rather quickly, you have to assume it will be coming back.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Both depend who you follow. In fact I’d go as to say at least on Twitter you can control exactly what you see from individual people you choose to follow whereas on Reddit you cannot control what you see from others subscribed to the same subreddit as you. Either are fine when you curate your own content though.

Twitter is great for football news, and just being in that space. Same for a lot of other events really, you get a sense of a lot of people experiencing something together. There’s a big “pigeon in the assembly hall” energy to it which is always fun.

Nogbadthebad

So, I checked out the trend on this very subject, limited views.

Clicked on the trend, clicked on a couple of the tweets, now I have exceeeded my limit.

So it must count everything loaded, whether you read it or not.

In that situation, even the paid accounts are going to run out pretty quickly. This won't last the weekend.

I'm also almost certain it wasn't intentional, and this is the idiot covering for a feck up. They always announce these things beforehand, limts came in and it as 4 hours later before he made that tweet.

ChaddyP

Thus far I wasn't that impacted by Musk's changes, I guess staying out of the American bubble and not clicking on trends helped a lot, but fecking hell this was basically a kill-switch for the platform. Even if they remove this rather quickly, you have to assume it will be coming back.
It's similar to youtube, if you go down a rabbit hole of certain topics the algorithm will promote that stuff more. Also there is a "following" tab that makes you only see things u follow.

The Firestarter

I can't see how their new lame duck CEO wont just quit. This is like an idea that a not very bright junior/intern engineer would suggest before being laughed out of the room. Pretty remarkable if your are a senior technical figure still working at Twitter, and you have to contain yourself on a daily basis to pull your hair out in desperation and constantly imagining how you scream to your manchild boss to shut the feck up. Or just bitch slap him batman comic style.

stw2022

Big organisations and 'influencers' that drive traffic and generate the most engagement want big audiences. If so many people can't see most of what they post it stops becoming a terribly attractive platform, surely?

ChaddyP

Both depend who you follow. In fact I’d go as to say at least on Twitter you can control exactly what you see from individual people you choose to follow whereas on Reddit you cannot control what you see from others subscribed to the same subreddit as you. Either are fine when you curate your own content though.

Twitter is great for football news, and just being in that space. Same for a lot of other events really, you get a sense of a lot of people experiencing something together. There’s a big “pigeon in the assembly hall” energy to it which is always fun.
this part is so fun for me. Watching an f1 race while my other friends on twitter are doing so is fantastic. Same with Emmies or a season finale of a big series like GOT etc. Anyway that's all ruined now

roseguy64

Don't have this problem really. It's not that hard to adjust what my FYP shows me. It's mainly sports, people I follow, anime, movies and TV, mainstream news and funny posts.

I only really have to deal with blue checks who are in the replies to viral posts and such. The T-shirt bots being the worst.

The Firestarter

Big organisations and 'influencers' that drive traffic and generate the most engagement want big audiences. If so many people can't see most of what they post it stops becoming a terribly attractive platform, surely?
It already stopped being a "terribly" attractive platform long ago. Now it's just a terrible unattractive platform.

Tiber

I haven't given a shit about anything he has done since buying twitter. But a limit on the posts you can see per day (especially with the how much crap is posted about any issues) feels like the beginning of the end of a great platform

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This has to be the worst thing he's done, this benefits nobody. Is there an exception to the rule?

It might be time to review posting tweets on the caf.