Elon Musk's epic bacon adventures

PedroMendez

Acolyte
from bloomberg
The suit seeks an order from a judge barring Musk from serving as an officer or director of a public company, a request often made in SEC lawsuits, as well as unspecified monetary penalties.
do you know if thats a credible possibility or this just a standards SEC thing to apply more pressure?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
from bloomberg

do you know if thats a credible possibility or this just a standards SEC thing to apply more pressure?
If the SEC are pushing it then it would be taken seriously. Not sure how much evidence they have to back up their complaint though.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Turns out the ‘420’ price really was a weed reference. :lol:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If the SEC are pushing it then it would be taken seriously. Not sure how much evidence they have to back up their complaint though.
I think a lot... I mean he publicly wrote things on twitter that when CEO of a listed company you can't as its market manipulation (not sure what they will enforce in terms of fine and or stepping down)

The Firestarter

That psycho refused settlement? Going head on against the federal government, I wonder in how many different ways that could end. I think one.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
These fines for the ultra stinking unfathomably rich are so silly. It would be a fun idea to make fines relative to your salary, but take guys like Elon Musk as an origin point instead of vice versa. Can't wait to get a 3 cent speeding ticket for going 400 miles an hour in a residential area.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
These fines for the ultra stinking unfathomably rich are so silly. It would be a fun idea to make fines relative to your salary, but take guys like Elon Musk as an origin point instead of vice versa. Can't wait to get a 3 cent speeding ticket for going 400 miles an hour in a residential area.
20 million is not a small fine. It's not like he carries 20 billion in his backpocket, don't confuse someone's net worth with their disposable income.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
20 million is not a small fine. It's not like he carries 20 billion in his backpocket, don't confuse someone's net worth with their disposable income.
Yeah, the 20 million isn't exactly for a speeding ticket though is it? If I'm convicted of fraud, I suspect the fine would exceed both my disposable income and net worth. Probably the net worth of my entire family too.

You can hardly deny that the rules don't really apply to the super rich. I mean sure, they can't indiscriminately murder people, but a bit of fraud here, bit of tax evasion there, no problemo.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
Yeah, the 20 million isn't exactly for a speeding ticket though is it? If I'm convicted of fraud, I suspect the fine would exceed both my disposable income and net worth. Probably the net worth of my entire family too.

You can hardly deny that the rules don't really apply to the super rich. I mean sure, they can't indiscriminately murder people, but a bit of fraud here, bit of tax evasion there, no problemo.
I can't argue with most of that. He wasn't convicted of fraud though, it's basically a "warning" for his erratic behaviour (lies on twitter, etc) which was negatively affecting his investors.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I was bored at work and ran a compliance check on him and the photo they’ve used on his enforcement makes him look like such a fecking lizard person

Javi

I can't argue with most of that. He wasn't convicted of fraud though, it's basically a "warning" for his erratic behaviour (lies on twitter, etc) which was negatively affecting his investors.
Yeah, it's not fraud he committed. It's about publicity regulation for stock index companies. Fraud would require proof of him actually making money off the comments. It'd be punished harsher for sure too.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
I don't believe it's possible to be a billionaire without being evil.

binary bot
Been listening to musk on joe rogans podcast. An enigma if there ever was one. Seems slightly mad with some of the shit he talks about. Yet he's been so successful

CA_vampire

heres a good reminder that all billionaires are evil

I don't see how a handshake, without any context, means anything about Bill Gates. People still go to City's games. Are they evil, too?

Last edited: