Elon Musk's epic bacon adventures

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
He's not? Electric cars and landing rockets, no? Digging tunnels..
Telsa existed before Musk invested in it, and electric cars existed before Tesla existed. The motor industry hasn't been 'revolutionised' by Tesla because only the rich can afford one; and electric cars have been hampered by the capacity of batteries, and was always an obvious next step. Same for landing rockets for routine cargo missions; if it's more cost effective to do that it's another obvious next step. Elon Musk hasn't even come up with these ideas, he's just been the guy rich enough to invest in them early. And most of his vision for SpaceX is beyond the realms of what is actually currently possibly, yet he would have you believe it is not.

Can't really tell if you're being tongue in cheek or not to be honest. If the man wants to save humanity, he could put some of his billions towards solving issues like water shortages in Africa and India, or ending poverty. Humanity isn't going to be saved by building a fecking base on Mars where anyone who goes to will be dead within 6 months because the technology isn't there to do it.

Halftrack

This is so silly. Man starts car company and kinda revolutionize the industry in a decade. Simultaneously! starts a rocket company and kinda revolutionize the industry. Simultaneously runs how many other potentially revolutionary companies? Arrogant. Privileged :lol: Come on..... The guy is obviously a f'n genius and obviously doing great stuff. Would be shocking if he didn't do or say something silly once in a while, in between sleep and saving the world
:lol:

I like it when we get true believers in here.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
lets wait to see on that one - to date they have completed no commercial projects - so lets see if they can, if they are indeed quicker and less expensive and that the tunnels are built to standard and last
Agree. If they succeed, could be a big thing. I'm sure others are doing similar stuff

e.cantona

Telsa existed before Musk invested in it, and electric cars existed before Tesla existed. The motor industry hasn't been 'revolutionised' by Tesla because only the rich can afford one; and electric cars have been hampered by the capacity of batteries, and was always an obvious next step. Same for landing rockets for routine cargo missions; if it's more cost effective to do that it's another obvious next step. Elon Musk hasn't even come up with these ideas, he's just been the guy rich enough to invest in them early. And most of his vision for SpaceX is beyond the realms of what is actually currently possibly, yet he would have you believe it is not.

Can't really tell if you're being tongue in cheek or not to be honest. If the man wants to save humanity, he could put some of his billions towards solving issues like water shortages in Africa and India, or ending poverty. Humanity isn't going to be saved by building a fecking base on Mars where anyone who goes to will be dead within 6 months because the technology isn't there to do it.
If the argument is "he didn't do it all on his own" then sure.. Don't think many have argued he's on top of one of his rockets with a toolbelt. Yes, obvious next step. That's why they are the first, and now everyone's forced to follow. Loads of battery tech in development. Will probably be a max capacity on those as well. Who knows, maybe something other then batteries will be the next step in electric driving. Only the rich. Yes, but wasn't that kinda the point at first. Make something super cool to show off what's possible now. Then let innovation do it's thing. Vision for SpaceX. OK? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Obviously a little "tongue in cheek". But if he/they/consequences succeeds then he'll have had his part in making things better for sure. Think his argument goes something like, sure save the planet and people here now, but lets spend 1% or even less on ensuring the survival of our species "just in case". "As in", we know we're good at destroying stuff, lets get off this rock as quick as possible so we at least have a chance

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Can't wait for the day this guy releases one of those celebrity branded perfumes. He should call it Elon's Musk. Or maybe something more hip like upperechElon. I would buy it and spray it all over my body because I'm a big fan.

Edit: After some googling, I guess it seems that none other than Dwight Schrute himself got there like a year before I could. To be fair that guy is a proper genius

Last edited:

nimic

something nice
Scout
Can't wait for the day this guy releases one of those celebrity branded perfumes. He should call it Elon's Musk. Or maybe something more hip like upperechElon. I would buy it and spray it all over my body because I'm a big fan.

Edit: After some googling, I guess it seems that none other than Dwight Schrute himself got there like a year before I could. To be fair that guy is a proper genius

Oh Rainn, what are you doing...

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

Time for Elon Musk to revolutionize the fragrance industry.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Ol' Musky at it again

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Time for Elon Musk to revolutionize the fragrance industry.
Not just the fragrance industry coming to think of it. With his unmatched vision and creativity, Musk could become the world's #1 cosmetic kingpin by 2025. I'm thinking big Olly, like exfoliants, facial masks, mascara, hyperpigmentation treatments, the works. Hell, with his ingenuity he could probably develop a hemorrhoid cream that can also be used as a lip balm. And I bet there's a shit tonne of reddit users out there who'd absolutely love to rub one out using some organic Musket Moisturizer ® if it were available to them. The possibilities are just infinite when you think about it really hard.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )

Or maybe it'll be something like
SpaceX - A fragrance for those dark unexplored places

This is so silly. Man starts car company and kinda revolutionize the industry in a decade. Simultaneously! starts a rocket company and kinda revolutionize the industry. Simultaneously runs how many other potentially revolutionary companies? Arrogant. Privileged :lol: Come on..... The guy is obviously a f'n genius and obviously doing great stuff. Would be shocking if he didn't do or say something silly once in a while, in between sleep and saving the world
He’s a good investor, and very good at playing the markets, no doubt.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Not just the fragrance industry coming to think of it. With his unmatched vision and creativity, Musk could become the world's #1 cosmetic kingpin by 2025. I'm thinking big Olly, like exfoliants, facial masks, mascara, hyperpigmentation treatments, the works. Hell, with his ingenuity he could probably develop a hemorrhoid cream that can also be used as a lip balm. And I bet there's a shit tonne of reddit users out there who'd absolutely love to rub one out using some organic Musket Moisturizer ® if it were available to them. The possibilities are just infinite when you think about it really hard.
That all sounds like a great idea, all it needs to is to be finished off with a nice Elon fleshlight.

entropy

You’re conveniently leaving out the most important part - he got billions in subsidies from the govt.

e.cantona

You’re conveniently leaving out the most important part - he got billions in subsidies from the govt.
OK, what are you saying? Somehow it nullifies his achievements? For some reason he shouldn't have been given subsidies? It's fraudulent? He should pay it back? I didn't leave it out. Not the first thing that came to mind, to be honest.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So? He and his companies probably fulfilled all requirements to get it. Why not make use of it if you're Musk?

entropy

OK, what are you saying? Somehow it nullifies his achievements? For some reason he shouldn't have been given subsidies? It's fraudulent? He should pay it back? I didn't leave it out. Not the first thing that came to mind, to be honest.
Yes to all of your questions. None of his so-called genius or success would have been possible without the govt giving him a handout.

e.cantona

Yes to all of your questions. None of his so-called genius or success would have been possible without the govt giving him a handout.
Try to do good, just don't make money off it? We'd be better off without these innovations?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
of course, it is bad. Especially, when you use it to acquire more wealth and do little to nothing in return for taking taxpayer money.
That's besides the point that he's a very clever man.

You're looking at it the wrong way. I see this often, not just you but in general. If not Musk, then somebody else would have applied for the subsidies. The public should be looking at the government first. For what are these subsidies? What are the requirements? Does the government expert a return on it? Then the bigger question: will the government crack down on companies paying as little tax as possible?

entropy

That's besides the point that he's a very clever man.

You're looking at it the wrong way. I see this often, not just you but in general. If not Musk, then somebody else would have applied for the subsidies. The public should be looking at the government first. For what are these subsidies? What are the requirements? Does the government expert a return on it? Then the bigger question: will the government crack down on companies paying as little tax as possible?
Pointing fingers at the govt don't mean what Musk or any other billionaire in his position does is acceptable. It is wrong irrespective of who does it.

nickm

Don't get this weird trolling. There's a middle ground here.

Tesla proved there was a market for high performance electric cars. If it was so obvious why did it take an independent manufacturer to make it happen, rather than the big auto companies?

Similarly, SpaceX. They've massively lowered the cost of getting into orbit (which is an enormous achievement frankly) and proven the benefits of private companies competing with state entities. It's easy to dismiss this all as obvious but the space shuttle was supposed to do that and was a huge failure in that regard. It's the doing it that is the point. I'm sure that when Starship is routinely ferrying cargo, habitats and manufacturing gear between earth /earth orbit and beyond that will be dismissed as obvious too.

Regarding Mars, he's not saving humanity, but going there is a big challenge and it seems to me that's something worthwhile. It is not a choice between water in Africa and going to the moon or mars, it is possible to do both.

Musk is a twat but he's also rather more than that.

Last edited:

nickm

of course, it is bad. Especially, when you use it to acquire more wealth and do little to nothing in return for taking taxpayer money.
Ok let's compare launch costs. In today's money, the US govt had to pay around $2billion (!) per launch of the shuttle. The Falcon Heavy , which is approximately similar in terms of lift capacity, will cost around $100 million per launch, maybe much less with a Starship stuck on top. Call it what you like, but it seems to me spacex has been a pretty good investment, such a good one there are serious questions about the viability of the new SLS rocket NASA is developing ($19 billion development cost so far, projected launch cost of $2 billion).

Last edited:

Halftrack

whoever drew that deserves no money. awful stuff
They're not asking for money. The douche clearly liked it, but didn't bother actually giving credit to the person who made it. If you're a tech billionaire (or a person in general) and find a piece of art that you like by some independent artist, least you can do is give them a shout-out when you post it.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
They're not asking for money. The douche clearly liked it, but didn't bother actually giving credit to the person who made it. If you're a tech billionaire (or a person in general) and find a piece of art that you like by some independent artist, least you can do is give them a shout-out when you post it.
it's awful though.

Halftrack

it's awful though.
That's not really relevant, though? Elon clearly liked it enough to share it, so common courtesy says he should credit the artist.

Unless you just think the artist wouldn't want it to be known that they'd drawn something Eboue on the Caf thinks is awful.