Elon Musk's epic bacon adventures

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Too bad we’ll now be forced to pay even more attention to an intellectually limited man-child (Musk) being granted so much power to shape the world with his purchase of Twitter.

SirAF

Ageist
The beginning of trying to pull out - as has been speculated?

Raoul

Admin
Staff

The beginning of trying to pull out - as has been speculated?
His net worth is tanking right now and he's also getting hit hard on the Twitter deal by everyone from journos to politicians who are questioning the deal. At some point, he may look at the cost outweighing the benefit, especially if it winds up an albatross around his neck that affects the success of his other companies.

Ady87

This is hilarious.

Net worth has taken a nose dive given the macroeconomic conditions and his big crypto holdings. Makes a market moving, dick swinging tweet about buying followed by a formal offer the next day without doing his diligence and now looking for an off ramp. I absolutely hate this guy - his fanatical fans are absolutely distraught and I’m here for every second of it. Knob head.

nickm

Oh he's definitely incredibly good at what he does, no doubt about that at all. Whilst not being the brains behind the actual ideas his fans seem to think he is, he's certainly the driving force and they wouldn't be doing the things they do without his vision.
Back to the engineering stuff. There's a YouTube channel called Everyday Astronaut I've just come across, and Musk recently gave a two hour tour of the SpaceX compound to its host, where he answers a ton of technical questions about rocket engineering, the Falcon and Starship designs. It's pretty clear that Musk really, really does know his stuff. It's well worth a look if you are into this stuff.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Back to the engineering stuff. There's a YouTube channel called Everyday Astronaut I've just come across, and Musk recently gave a two hour tour of the SpaceX compound to its host, where he answers a ton of technical questions about rocket engineering, the Falcon and Starship designs. It's pretty clear that Musk really, really does know his stuff. It's well worth a look if you are into this stuff.
Credit where credit is due, I have seen him answer questions regarding rocket aerodynamics off the top of his head. Anyone can read papers on it and I'd be surprised if he really knows the maths behind it, but still fair enough being able to explain in layman; he's less of a fraud than I suspected.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So his companies have lost lots of its value in recent weeks because he was dicking around on twitter. For all his brains(and I believe he is really smart regarding some things), he can be such an idiot who thinks he can do whatever he wants. Hopefully this can shut hip up and concentrate on good work that will actually help people around him because he obviously has the power to do that.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So his companies have lost lots of its value in recent weeks because he was dicking around on twitter. For all his brains(and I believe he is really smart regarding some things), he can be such an idiot who thinks he can do whatever he wants. Hopefully this can shut hip up and concentrate on good work that will actually help people around him because he obviously has the power to do that.
The value lost was because the stock market has tanked in recent weeks. Bezos and Zuckerberg have also lost massive amounts of net worth during the same period.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Cool, cool. Can't wait for the Musk fanboys to tell me how this proves their godhero is super progressive and liberal. I am guessing something along the lines of "he is providing free housing!"

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The value lost was because the stock market has tanked in recent weeks. Bezos and Zuckerberg have also lost massive amounts of net worth during the same period.
Amazon did, but Meta didn't change much from what I can see.

Superden

Cool, cool. Can't wait for the Musk fanboys to tell me how this proves their godhero is super progressive and liberal. I am guessing something along the lines of "he is providing free housing!"

this the reality of hyper capitalism. its immoral and utterly disingenuous.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
February isn't recent weeks

Tesla actually went up since february, and went down after the twitter fiasco in recent weeks.
The market is down 15% since the beginning of the year, so obviously most stocks are down as well. The FAANGs are included in that.

nimic

something nice
Scout
To be fair to Revan (not Raven, who is another guy on here with wildly different opinions), he actually kinda went "woah there, slow down" when someone else in this thread suggested Musk was the new da Vinci.