Elon Musk's epic bacon adventures

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
thats so sick

It is.

But so is the fact you could go back to 80,000BC and earn £10,000 a day and still not have as much money as Musk does.(Edit, before he bought Twitter, allegedly)

That's beyond comprehension to most people.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How did he get so rich btw? Tesla doesn't come across as one od the most incredibly successfully businesses of all time. All of his other businesses, pay pal aside, also don't come across as ones that would be raking in the dollars. Is it more to do with his legions of online fanboys drooling over his every word and hence, image building? Or is it because he owns more shares in his companies as opposed to a Bezos or Gates?

WPMUFC

GOP 2008: Obama isn't a Muslim, he's a good man
GOP 2022: elections are a sham, we should install a president through martial law if we don't like the result oh and math books are anti American

Democrats/progressives 2008: yes we can, hope and change.

Democrats/progressives 2022: unions are awesome, universal healthcare, tax the rich

Elon 2022: oh my god....the wokes are making me a conservative.

Last edited:

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
GOP 2008: Obama isn't a Muslim, he's a good man
GOP 2022: elections are a sham, we should install a president through martial law if we don't like the result oh and math books are anti American

Democrats/progressives 2008: yes we can, hope and change.

Democrats/progressives 2022: unions are awesome, universal healthcare, tax the rich

Elon 2022: oh my god....the wokes are making me a conservative.
I think you're mis-representing the GOP in 2008. John McCain got booed when he said that.

Revan

Assumptionman
How did he get so rich btw? Tesla doesn't come across as one od the most incredibly successfully businesses of all time. All of his other businesses, pay pal aside, also don't come across as ones that would be raking in the dollars. Is it more to do with his legions of online fanboys drooling over his every word and hence, image building? Or is it because he owns more shares in his companies as opposed to a Bezos or Gates?
Tesla has a trillion dollar evaluation and he owns around 20% of it. Almost all his wealth is bounded to Tesla, considering that it is unclear how much is SpaceX’s value (though some estimate it at 100B).

Gates would have been richer if he didn’t give most of his money to charity.

Mike Smalling

I think you're mis-representing the GOP in 2008. John McCain got booed when he said that.
Also, there is something fundamentally wrong about putting "muslim" and "a good man" as opposites. He should have said, "He is not a muslim, but so what if he was?", but that would have probably been political suicide for a Republican.

choccy77

Musk going to start charging companies and governments to use Twitter it seems.

He just Tweeted about the possability

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Musk going to start charging companies and governments to use Twitter it seems.

He just Tweeted about the possability
That strikes me as pretty stupid. Surely some individual in the company would just tweet out the company line on a personal account?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
All these things have to be monetised somehow. I’d rather this comes from charging people who can afford it rather than selling our data or increasing the advertising.
He'll probably do both though.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Whoops

Right wing Twitter already moaning about this as if a Musk owned Twitter is their meal ticket towards enabling future disinformation

WPMUFC

Whoops

Right wing Twitter already moaning about this as if a Musk owned Twitter is their meal ticket towards enabling future disinformation
I'm pretty sure that's where all their excitement is coming from? They will no doubt be seeking influence to block criticism of their lies and claim he needs to let them "speak" unfiltered to counter "liberal bias"

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm pretty sure that's where all their excitement is coming from? They will no doubt be seeking influence to block criticism of their lies and claim he needs to let them "speak" unfiltered to counter "liberal bias"
And that’s what it’s always been about. Having a media apparatus for use as a propaganda and disinformation tool. That’s why they were so elated at the rise of talk radio and Fox in the 90s and they probably see Musk as the guy who can allow them to get their message out on Twitter.

mav_9me

Musk's illustration isn't totally accurate. But it's more correct than people seem to be willing to admit.
I feel like right has moved farther right too. The extremes are more extreme than before, perhaps left has moved more. But for those in the center, feels lonely.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I feel like right has moved farther right too. The extremes are more extreme than before, perhaps left has moved more. But for those in the center, feels lonely.
Considering the democrats are right of center it makes no sense at all to be republican because a minority of the country is far left.

Sanchez7

Having a twitter profile that includes anything related to crypto/NFTs is as clear a marker of being a weird fecking bell end as all those football fans with names like paul265788 and a club crest on their profile.
I think a lot of those accounts are also russian bots.

Mike Smalling

Musk's illustration isn't totally accurate. But it's more correct than people seem to be willing to admit.
It's really not.

The far left: "Please use my preferred pro-noun, and check your white male privilege. Also, can we have some healthcare?"
The far right: "You are a pedophile rapist for supporting trans rights. Also, you stole the election, so now we will storm the Capitol"

You could maybe argue that both sides are moving to the extremes, but to argue that the left is moving more than the right is completely disingenuous.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
It's really not.

The far left: "Please use my preferred pro-noun, and check your white male privilege. Also, can we have some healthcare?"
The far right: "You are a pedophile rapist for supporting trans rights. Also, you stole the election, so now we will storm the Capitol"

You could maybe argue that both sides are moving to the extremes, but to argue that the left is moving more than the right is completely disingenuous.
Plus you can't actually vote for that version of the left.

WPMUFC

Plus you can't actually vote for that version of the left.
exactly, as noted before, you can't just scroll twitter and find some maoist tankie and claim that is the left. It needs to be defined by political representation.

However, as we have already seen in both Elon threads, people actually believe "uber-sjw cancel culture" is an equivalent expansion of the left as anti-democratic/sedition authoritarianism is on the right.

This might come as a shocker, but the blindly obedient Elon fan club seem to live in a habitual online existence where i imagine the Depp v Heard trial is also one of their most pressing social rights issues :lol: :lol: