Elon Musk's epic bacon adventures

nimic

something nice
Scout
thanks for proving my point :)
Nah, sorry, you don't really get to play that card when your response to the richest man in the world berating someone for being a "vaccine advocate", while claiming that wokeness is a virus trying to destroy civilization, is "he rules". Those are genuine far-right positions. Now maybe you're just being a clever little troll, in which case... who cares?

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
What's the benefit for him of coming out as a republican? He already had the admiration of huge swathes of them for stuff like "owning the libs". I can only see this hurting his public image among naive somewhat apolitical people (many who see themselves as left leaning - even though they aren't) who see him as a do-gooder.

Twitter debacle, now this. Seems he's going through a Jordan Peterson sort of narcisistic breakdown. Can't see this being good for companies like Tesla, whose valuation is highly speculative.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Twitter debacle, now this. Seems he's going through a Jordan Peterson sort of narcisistic breakdown. Can't see this being good for companies like Tesla, whose valuation is highly speculative.
There's probably also a much higher degree of ideology involved in Tesla purchases than other cars ("saving the world" and all that), and I'd say the vast majority of those are not self-described Republicans. It might not have a big effect, but... yeah, it's Tesla, so who knows.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
@ZIDANE

You weren't sure if he was right wing, if I remember correctly.
I don't really know the personality of Musk or much about US politics (if this makes him right wing) but interesting comments by him. I think he's been slighlty changing his stance as he's had a few political battles recently - covid locking down a gigafactory, avoiding tax issue, Biden mentioning Ford and GM but not Tesla, and his negative comments about build back better (not worth it) and the money printing leading to inflation. I wouldn't know but I suspect Biden and co are going to get slammed in the next election. Then again are they going to vote for Trump......

Anyway, he's doing some major trolling at the moment and it isn't a good look for him or the Tesla stock. He always has an agenda, when he did the Twitter poll about whether he should pay tax, he knew he had options expiring and it would be a taxable event as the SEC filings showed.

I saw Tesla was removed from an S&P ESG fund today even though the big oil companies are in - some funny things going on.

wr8_utd

:'(
I may be mistaken but aren't Democrats the demographic that would most likely buy Tesla products? If so, quite odd for Musk to finally come out of the right wing closet at a time the stock price has already tanked.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Such a genius that he can't notice the immense contribution made by Trump/Republican party to the spreading of divisiveness and hatred in the US.

Good businessman but comes across as a wanker.

stoinz

Always struck me as someone who has an inflated ego and thought himself to be some genius polymath - which he is not. Some of his supporters on twitter are like cult followers. Something that I can never understand, what did he do that elevate his status so much? I can understand if it is someone like Steve Jobs where his company actually created products that brought about major changes to the majority of the world.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Division and hate :lol: Obvious troll.

Edit: I dont see many of his Tesla and especially SpaceX employess taking kindly to this, trolling or not.
More like his Sillicon valley customers might think twice before buying Tesla. Tesla itself is run very differently that places like Google where employee activism targets their own company.

SirAF

Ageist
I don't really know the personality of Musk or much about US politics (if this makes him right wing) but interesting comments by him. I think he's been slighlty changing his stance as he's had a few political battles recently - covid locking down a gigafactory, avoiding tax issue, Biden mentioning Ford and GM but not Tesla, and his negative comments about build back better (not worth it) and the money printing leading to inflation. I wouldn't know but I suspect Biden and co are going to get slammed in the next election. Then again are they going to vote for Trump......

Anyway, he's doing some major trolling at the moment and it isn't a good look for him or the Tesla stock. He always has an agenda, when he did the Twitter poll about whether he should pay tax, he knew he had options expiring and it would be a taxable event as the SEC filings showed.

I saw Tesla was removed from an S&P ESG fund today even though the big oil companies are in - some funny things going on.
Voting Republican doesn’t make you a right winger, it makes you a far right winger.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I can understand if it is someone like Steve Jobs where his company actually created products that brought about major changes to the majority of the world.
Yup, the big one being the bedrock for horrendous low paid working conditions in indo China. Sorry I see a lot of similarities between Jobs and Elon. Two blowhards who have somehow convinced everyone its all down to them and their genius and not the fact they purchased or hired or stole from others. I wish everyone would stop with this right vs left wing BS. Being right or left doesn't make you a bad person and we're all pretty much central anyway. It all needs to be framed as greedy rich and the people they pay vs everyone else. This class war has been going for decades and god we're losing badly.

SirAF

Ageist
Yup, the big one being the bedrock for horrendous low paid working conditions in indo China. Sorry I see a lot of similarities between Jobs and Elon. Two blowhards who have somehow convinced everyone its all down to them and their genius and not the fact they purchased or hired or stole from others. I wish everyone would stop with this right vs left wing BS. Being right or left doesn't make you a bad person and we're all pretty much central anyway. It all needs to be framed as greedy rich and the people they pay vs everyone else. This class war has been going for decades and god we're losing badly.
Wrong thread for it, but I detest this narrative. It’s only one side trying to roll back the basic rights of minorities and trying to overthrow their own democracy ffs. (We’re talking right vs left in a US context here, otherwise you need to specify).

Gambit

Wrong thread for it, but I detest this narrative. It’s only one side trying to roll back the basic rights of minorities and trying to overthrow their own democracy ffs. (We’re talking right vs left in a US context here, otherwise you need to specify).
Correct on the wrong thread so I won't go into it to much. You're talking about the US Parties, neither of which I consider any wing anymore ( there is no left wing option), its just hucksters playing a role to benefit their own bank accounts. Yes one group is clearly defined in their want of power and corruption while the other side are better at hiding it. I'm talking about people in general. The way we label each other and that then defines them and their intentions which then makes it so they walk into an automatic support group which we're all part of( yay he's one of us how dare you others criticise us, we're against you because your there and we're here etc etc). When if we dropped all that and just labelled them as greedy rich vs not greedy.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Correct on the wrong thread so I won't go into it to much. You're talking about the US Parties, neither of which I consider any wing anymore ( there is no left wing option), its just hucksters playing a role to benefit their own bank accounts. Yes one group is clearly defined in their want of power and corruption while the other side are better at hiding it. I'm talking about people in general. The way we label each other and that then defines them and their intentions which then makes it so they walk into an automatic support group which we're all part of( yay he's one of us how dare you others criticise us, we're against you because your there and we're here etc etc). When if we dropped all that and just labelled them as greedy rich vs not greedy.
I think hiding the fact it’s really the rich against the poor is the entire point and why the rich pay for political theater.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Zidane be like 'I know what's up here but how do I obfuscate as much as possible by being eloquent and not getting into an argument'
Not the case, I follow the Tesla stock and company not politics - being UK I have no interest in US politics beyond the major headlines. This impacts share price just like the other things I mentioned and when Tesla bought bitcoin plus allowed dogecoin for merch/accessories.

I also use Twitter since it came on the scene and I don’t see many suggesting it doesn’t have several of the issues mentioned including crypto bot scams plus hasn’t been developing in comparison to other platforms. It still has value and hope it can be improved with or without Elon.

Revan

Assumptionman
Always struck me as someone who has an inflated ego and thought himself to be some genius polymath - which he is not. Some of his supporters on twitter are like cult followers. Something that I can never understand, what did he do that elevate his status so much? I can understand if it is someone like Steve Jobs where his company actually created products that brought about major changes to the majority of the world.
Working (successfully) on two problems that no one else dared to. His two big current companies (Tesla and SpaceX) have significantly changed the dynamics in those two industries. At this stage, the change of the entire car industry to electric cars is inevitable, thanks to the work of Tesla.

If Tesla dies because Elon has lost it in the last couple of years, I wouldn't care a bit. The industry has changed for the good, and even without Tesla we will see the paradigm shift. Also, regardless of what happens from now on, Elon Musk has cemented his status as one of the greatest entrepreneurs of his time.

Now, that he is a narcissist dickhead, that is nothing new, and signs were there all the time, especially after the 'pedo' comments. Of course, that does not make his achievements in those two companies (and others like PayPal) lesser. The likes of Pearson and Fisher were total racists (and massive supporters of eugenics), but essentially created the field of statistics. Schrodinger was a pedophile but also one of the greatest physicists ever. And Elon Musk * is a narcissist dickhead with some very bizarre, if not downright evil views, but also a great entrepreneur. Bad people can do good works that advance the civilization **.

* Steve Jobs was also a pretty bad guy, and in his first 2 decades of impact, Bill Gates was pretty bad too.
** Before I get attacked, I am not comparing him with those guys. He is an entrepreneur with some good technical basis, more similar to the likes of Gates or Page/Brin (although they were technically far stronger). Or if you want to go back in time, comparable to the likes of Carnegie or Rockefeller. Many compare him to Edison but that is stupid considering that Edison was a great scientist in addition to a great entrepreneur.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I thought the same. He’s going the Trump route of making himself a “political target” which seems to work to be fair because the DOJ are avoiding Trump like the plague.

Gambit

* Steve Jobs was also a pretty bad guy, and in his first 2 decades of impact, Bill Gates was pretty bad too.
** Before I get attacked, I am not comparing him with those guys. He is an entrepreneur with some good technical basis, more similar to the likes of Gates or Page/Brin (although they were technically far stronger). Or if you want to go back in time, comparable to the likes of Carnegie or Rockefeller. Many compare him to Edison but that is stupid considering that Edison was a great scientist in addition to a great entrepreneur.
Edison was also a massive thief of ideas he took credit for who is now romanticised.

cafecillos

So around 50% of the USA are cnuts then.
I like to be more optimistic and only count the cnuts that actually voted for Donny as a proportion of the entire population: roughly 74m cnuts out of roughly 330m people that's only slightly over 20% of cnuts. It's not great, but could be worse.

Godfather

I may be mistaken but aren't Democrats the demographic that would most likely buy Tesla products? If so, quite odd for Musk to finally come out of the right wing closet at a time the stock price has already tanked.
Hasn't it been obvious for a quite a time that he's a proper right wing narcissist? His statement doesn't come much to a surprise. A complete lunatic that guy.

And who drives Teslas anyway. Pieces of absolute trash.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Working (successfully) on two problems that no one else dared to. His two big current companies (Tesla and SpaceX) have significantly changed the dynamics in those two industries. At this stage, the change of the entire car industry to electric cars is inevitable, thanks to the work of Tesla.

If Tesla dies because Elon has lost it in the last couple of years, I wouldn't care a bit. The industry has changed for the good, and even without Tesla we will see the paradigm shift. Also, regardless of what happens from now on, Elon Musk has cemented his status as one of the greatest entrepreneurs of his time.

Now, that he is a narcissist dickhead, that is nothing new, and signs were there all the time, especially after the 'pedo' comments. Of course, that does not make his achievements in those two companies (and others like PayPal) lesser. The likes of Pearson and Fisher were total racists (and massive supporters of eugenics), but essentially created the field of statistics. Schrodinger was a pedophile but also one of the greatest physicists ever. And Elon Musk * is a narcissist dickhead with some very bizarre, if not downright evil views, but also a great entrepreneur. Bad people can do good works that advance the civilization **.

Whataboutism is a dangerous thing.

Revan

Assumptionman
Whataboutism is a dangerous thing.
I wouldn't even say it is whataboutism. A person can clearly be a cnut and also great at what he does. In the case of Musk (who is a dickhead although recently has been more blatant), he is great at building innovative companies that try to solve really hard problems.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I wouldn't even say it is whataboutism. A person can clearly be a cnut and also great at what he does. In the case of Musk (who is a dickhead although recently has been more blatant), he is great at building innovative companies that try to solve really hard problems.
This is the trouble with Musk Derangement Syndrome. They aren't able to separate his cnutish troll persona with the value of EVs and Space projects. It has to be lumped together to create maximum pwnage.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hasn't it been obvious for a quite a time that he's a proper right wing narcissist? His statement doesn't come much to a surprise. A complete lunatic that guy.

And who drives Teslas anyway. Pieces of absolute trash.
That would be the majority of electric vehicle owners.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
As of the first quarter of this year, the Model Y alone has apparently dwarfed the competition.

The majority of cars there aren't Teslas though. I know I'm being pedantic.