Elon Musk's epic bacon adventures

Suedesi

That's the whole point. You were making a point of people on here criticizing even the best of people and then went on to use Mother Teresa as an example. :lol:
TIL that a Catholic nun who dedicated her life to caring for the destitute and dying in the slums of Calcutta is a terrible person.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Sorry mate, I'm not about to watch a 20 minute video. Cliff notes?
The gist of it is that she wasn't so much trying to help people, as providing a place for people to die, and glamorizing (?) suffering in honour of God... or something. I can't remember exactly, but I do remember it turned out that maybe that's a slightly unfair characterization. Still, she's far from the person I'd use as an example of the unquestionably good person.

Moby

Dick
TIL that a Catholic nun who dedicated her life to caring for the destitute and dying in the slums of Calcutta is a terrible person.
It's not surprising you don't have much of a clue on the subject given you couldn't just now give 20 minutes on a rather summarised piece. Embrace ignorance.

Suedesi

It's not surprising you don't have much of a clue on the subject given you couldn't just now give 20 minutes on a rather summarised piece. Embrace ignorance.
Time is important to waste on tangents. I'm going to put you on ignore because you're a time suck and don't engage in good faith.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Demanding someone watch 24 minutes of Christopher Hitchens is inhumane.

Suedesi

The gist of it is that she wasn't so much trying to help people, as providing a place for people to die, and glamorizing (?) suffering in honour of God... or something. I can't remember exactly, but I do remember it turned out that maybe that's a slightly unfair characterization. Still, she's far from the person I'd use as an example of the unquestionably good person.
Fair enough - it's more a turn of phrase than anything. Being of Albanian origin, saying 'Mother Teresa' is the equivalent of saying 'Christ'.

But of course, enter the CAF police :lol:

Conor

Sorry, missed that bit. The best selling Teslas are not high end either (Model Y, Model 3). The Models X and S are the high end ones and sell far less because they are priced out of most middle class budgets.
Yeah, but my point is that the lower end are doing so well because there hasn't been proper competitors for them, but that is changing. The early adopters of EV are far more likely to choose Tesla over the average person, when all of the major companies are fully up to speed with good options in all categories, I don't see Tesla leading any category.

Moby

Dick
Time is important to waste on tangents. I'm going to put you on ignore because you're a time suck and don't engage in good faith.
:lol: Yeah your time seems to be really precious. I'll check back in a few hours when you're still here squabbling about the life of a random businessman on a football forum...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fair enough - it's more a turn of phrase than anything. Being of Albanian origin, saying 'Mother Teresa' is the equivalent of saying 'Christ'.

But of course, enter the CAF police :lol:
You should be focusing less on Mother Theresa and more on Bebe Rexha and Ava Max. ;)

nickm

TIL that there are people who genuinely didnt know Mother Theresa wasn't actually a very good nurse

SirAF

Ageist
Apparently the Republicans are moving towards the centre!

NotThatSoph

So the point of the tweet is what exactly? That the far left is now the party of hate and division (and racists)?
Trolling, shit stirring, joking around.

The things you love when Musk is at it, and what you're doing right now.

Godfather

That would be the majority of electric vehicle owners.
It's not a majority at all. And Tesla's quality is piss poor for their price. The only thing speaking for them is their pioneering role and the range their batteries have.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's not a majority at all. And Tesla's quality is piss poor for their price. The only thing speaking for them is their pioneering role and the range their batteries have.
I don't know about that. Most Tesla owners I've read about seem to like their cars, and anecdotally, I always ask Tesla owners how they like their Teslas when in parking lots or the like, and have yet to meet a single one who didn't love their car. Its an almost iPhone like phenomenon from 12 years ago.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
I don't know about that. Most Tesla owners I've read about seem to like their cars, and anecdotally, I always ask Tesla owners how they like their Teslas when in parking lots or the like, and have yet to meet a single one who didn't love their cars. Its an almost iPhone like phenomenon from 12 years ago.
This is true! Tesla owners are totally batshit in love with their cars - it's like talking to vegans :p

Edit: Or Apple fans *slinks away*

Godfather

I don't know about that. Most Tesla owners I've read about seem to like their cars, and anecdotally, I always ask Tesla owners how they like their Teslas when in parking lots or the like, and have yet to meet a single one who didn't love their car. Its an almost iPhone like phenomenon from 12 years ago.
My dad always talked about how he loved his Citroen that started to rot away.
I'm not a fan especially at their price but hey ho.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol:
It's not entirely wrong though. It's just that he "wants" to do it on Mars after he's sent "test dummies" up and the average person won't be invited.
It could also be that it's a great story to tell people so you can rack up some serious $$.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If people are going to start boycotting Tesla cars because of their association with the right wing then I imagine Volkswagen are going to be shitting themselves.

Abizzz

I'm not so sure about Tesla's appeal enduring. I know 3 model S drivers, and none of them got a new Model S to replace it (yet) despite it being overdue. One went to a model 3, the other 2 just keep on driving their old model S. The longer they do the less they seem to like Tesla though. They have to step up their servicing around the world, it's not acceptable to pay 80k € for a car and then to have to take days off to get it serviced.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't think I've ever thought of going to someone else in a parking lot and asking if they like their car, like ever.
I live in the US, so its fine since people are generally friendly and like to chat. I wouldn't try it out there where you are.