Elon Musk's epic bacon adventures

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If people are going to start boycotting Tesla cars because of their association with the right wing then I imagine Volkswagen are going to be shitting themselves.
I'd imagine there's a higher likelihood of getting turned off to Tesla because of Musk's annoying online persona.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I am pretty certain his offline version is significantly more annoying.
I think he lives in a bubble where he can create his own reality and make those in his orbit live within it. That obviously doesn't work among people on the outside, which is why we're seeing these bizarre episodes where he thinks he can impose his internal bubble culture across society; occasionally flirting with buying social networks to help him do it. In the end, he will have to capitulate into a milder version of his current self, or else risk massive volatility in all his future Tesla and SpaceX projects.

Revan

Assumptionman
With regards to Mother Teresa, Hitchens essentially knew feck all.

Last edited:

nimic

something nice
Scout
/r/badhistory is great. You probably should put that in a spoiler, it's quite large.

Musk-adjacent:

/r/badeconomics isn't bad either.

Musk-y:

Last edited:

stoinz

Working (successfully) on two problems that no one else dared to. His two big current companies (Tesla and SpaceX) have significantly changed the dynamics in those two industries. At this stage, the change of the entire car industry to electric cars is inevitable, thanks to the work of Tesla.

If Tesla dies because Elon has lost it in the last couple of years, I wouldn't care a bit. The industry has changed for the good, and even without Tesla we will see the paradigm shift. Also, regardless of what happens from now on, Elon Musk has cemented his status as one of the greatest entrepreneurs of his time.

Now, that he is a narcissist dickhead, that is nothing new, and signs were there all the time, especially after the 'pedo' comments. Of course, that does not make his achievements in those two companies (and others like PayPal) lesser. The likes of Pearson and Fisher were total racists (and massive supporters of eugenics), but essentially created the field of statistics. Schrodinger was a pedophile but also one of the greatest physicists ever. And Elon Musk * is a narcissist dickhead with some very bizarre, if not downright evil views, but also a great entrepreneur. Bad people can do good works that advance the civilization **.

* Steve Jobs was also a pretty bad guy, and in his first 2 decades of impact, Bill Gates was pretty bad too.
** Before I get attacked, I am not comparing him with those guys. He is an entrepreneur with some good technical basis, more similar to the likes of Gates or Page/Brin (although they were technically far stronger). Or if you want to go back in time, comparable to the likes of Carnegie or Rockefeller. Many compare him to Edison but that is stupid considering that Edison was a great scientist in addition to a great entrepreneur.
true though, I'm probably bias and not speaking objectively. He just rubs me the wrong way in the way he acts like he is an expert on everything.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Working (successfully) on two problems that no one else dared to.
This definitely reads like hyperbole. You might as well go full Jordan Peterson and tell us the stuff Musk did was basically impossible.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ah so that's why he repeatedly tweeted, waaaah there will be a smear campaign against me.

It's like 4d chess, but with dumb people.

At least my Elon loving mate has now decidedly left his camp and mourns the fact his hero is a monumental molesting cnut. Sorry, I mean alleged molesting cnut.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Thank god this mammoth of a man is fighting the good fight against the "wacktivists"! Isn't Elon a clever cnut.

I'm assuming they have one as he certainly doesn't.

*horrific images of his attempt at stand up flash across my kind*

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Like clockwork. :lol:

It's a shame he wasn't born in the US because this is literally a template American president in the making.
If Musk was eligible, I have no doubt he'd be running.

Revan

Assumptionman
This definitely reads like hyperbole. You might as well go full Jordan Peterson and tell us the stuff Musk did was basically impossible.
Is it hyperbole though?

After the end eighties, no one was seriously tackling the problem of electric vehicles. Now they are a reality thanks to Tesla.

And NASA was (and still us to a lesser degree) dependent on Russia for rockets, but now SpaceX is helping a lot on that aspect and has massively lowered the cost of it, with the reusable shuttles.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol: I can’t believe he was like “btw guys if anything ever comes out about me like tomorrow or something it’s not true”

And now his legions of nerds will amaze at how he predicted it.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Is it hyperbole though?

After the end eighties, no one was seriously tackling the problem of electric vehicles. Now they are a reality thanks to Tesla.

And NASA was (and still us to a lesser degree) dependent on Russia for rockets, but now SpaceX is helping a lot on that aspect and has massively lowered the cost of it, with the reusable shuttles.
I'm confused. The problem with electric vehicles?

What problem do we have that electric vehicles are the best solution?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Incredible, isn't it? I cannot believe that the fact that he declared himself a Republican supporter is unrelated to the fact that he knew the that these allegations were to be made public. Seems too much of a coincidence.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm confused. The problem with electric vehicles?

What problem do we have that electric vehicles are the best solution?
Seriously?

We have a massive problem with the fossil industry, part of which is caused by cars. To fix it we need both energy that does not come from oil/gas and vehicles that are able to use that energy. Tesla offered half of the solution to this problem.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Seriously?

We have a massive problem with the fossil industry, part of which is caused by cars. To fix it we need both energy that does not come from oil/gas and vehicles that are able to use that energy. Tesla offered half of the solution to this problem.
Do you really think the best way of moving away from the fossil fuel industry is by selling everyone an electric car instead of an ICE car?

Investing that time, research, and money into improving public transport would have been far better in my opinion.

Revan

Assumptionman
Do you really think the best way of moving away from the fossil fuel industry is by selling everyone an electric car instead of an ICE car?

Investing that time, research, and money into improving public transport would have been far better in my opinion.
Many people do not want to use public transport, and in a free world, there is not much you can do about it. Also, pretty much everyone who owns a car says that the quality of their lives improved when they bought the car. Add to that, for families with kids, having a car improves massively their lives.

Finally, if you have to go to other cities, using public transport typically comes with a massive loss in time.

So while I am all about using the public transport (and I use it massively), that won't ever be the solution. At best, it is a small part of it. Having electric cars powered by energy that is created from non-fossil sources (hydro, solar, wind, nuclear) is a must.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Posting screenshots in a tweet of your own tweet is some LinkedIn type bullshit which is as annoying as Musk's twattery.
Congratulations Elon musk on winning over the absolute dumbest member of congress

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Posting screenshots in a tweet of your own tweet is some LinkedIn type bullshit which is as annoying as Musk's twattery.
yeah she should stick to posts like this

though musk paying somebody 250k that he allegedly rubbed his cock over whilst offering to buy her horse might be a bit more of an issue than her quoting her own tweet?