Elon Musk's epic bacon adventures

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
ah, yes

Maybe this random guy isn't smart enough to understand Musk's new and revolutionary Super Code idea? It'll change how we use computers. Forget bytes going down cables. It'll be boats filled with bytes going down supercooled water pipes. Lots of computers use water-cooling so the technology is there, you just need to be a super genius like Musk to figure out the important stuff.

Stuff like walking into a room and saying "I want bytes travelling on boats down people's water-cooling pipes." And then walking out smugly because you're a Big Picture kind of guy who motivates engineers with your giant brain. The hard part over, you can sleep soundly knowing that the little people will do the easy and boring stuff of implementing it under fear of being sacked.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Maybe this random guy isn't smart enough to understand Musk's new and revolutionary Super Code idea? It'll change how we use computers. Forget bytes going down cables. It'll be boats filled with bytes going down supercooled water pipes. Lots of computers use water-cooling so the technology is there, you just need to be a super genius like Musk to figure out the important stuff.

Stuff like walking into a room and saying "I want bytes travelling on boats down people's water-cooling pipes." And then walking out smugly because you're a Big Picture kind of guy who motivates engineers with your giant brain. The hard part over, you can sleep soundly knowing that the little people will do the easy and boring stuff of implementing it under fear of being sacked.
You know, I've never quite understood how complex information can be transmitted via cables. That point of knowledge, as to how something like this post can be sent over the internet, has always eluded me

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You know, I've never quite understood how complex information can be transmitted via cables. That point of knowledge, as to how something like this post can be sent over the internet, has always eluded me
Electronal charges blast ones (positive chargings) or zeroes (feck all chargings) down the lines like Elvis at the canteen eyeing up the last egg mayo sandwich. Big feck off data centers capture the information and process it. If it's rimaldo's dick pics they get sent to a special server owned by Bill Gates, which are housed in a fifty square mile underground facility along with last year's visual donations.

It's all based around a woman named Kay. When the computer boffins don't know what the stuff says one of them tells another to go Ask Kay.

Lemoor

I mean crypto in general is a ponzi scam in which celebrity figures can inflate prices to their own ends so theres no need for him to know shit about the details. That's how its utilised by people at his level.
Running a python script has absolutely nothing to do with crypto.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Running a python script has absolutely nothing to do with crypto.
you mean crypto code is not just:

if choice == 'purchaseCrypto':
________executePonzi(accountNumber)
________print('Thank you for your money....err purchase')
elif choice != 'purchaseCrypto':
________print('You're Not Cool, Reconsider')

nimic

something nice
Scout
Electronal charges blast ones (positive chargings) or zeroes (feck all chargings) down the lines like Elvis at the canteen eyeing up the last egg mayo sandwich. Big feck off data centers capture the information and process it. If it's rimaldo's dick pics they get sent to a special server owned by Bill Gates, which are housed in a fifty square mile underground facility along with last year's visual donations.

It's all based around a woman named Kay. When the computer boffins don't know what the stuff says one of them tells another to go Ask Kay.
didn't read lol

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
you mean crypto code is not just:

if choice == 'purchaseCrypto':
________executePonzi(accountNumber)
________print('Thank you for your money....err purchase')
elif choice != 'purchaseCrypto':
________print('You're Not Cool, Reconsider')
Use strict comparisons you sloppy bastard

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
ah, yes

Maybe he's not aware of modern coding since he's been rich enough to have people do it for him for ages now, but to say he's a grifter is a bit ridiculous given his history at numerous companies before as a coder and companies founded by him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Maybe he's not aware of modern coding since he's been rich enough to have people do it for him for ages now, but to say he's a grifter is a bit ridiculous given his history at numerous companies before as a coder and companies founded by him.
This is probably closer to the truth. He likely hasn't seen much code since the late 90s.

Moby

Dick
Fairly basic telecom stuff. Which I unfortunately had to learn as its good enough to bore anyone to death.

SinNombre

He has never written code. Most of his reputation is based off this weird **** that follows him.

Balljy

He has never written code. Most of his reputation is based off this weird **** that follows him.
I think he he originally code zip2 from memory. I'm not convinced he's done much since though.

I think it was rewritten though when hired coders saw what he had done.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft

I get your point about the 1s and 0s and that's about as far as my understanding is able to get

Moby

Dick
Yeah but his **** thinks he's sat in his batcave coming up with the greatest ideas tech will ever have.

If I saw someone who was a programmer 20 years ago and still trying to use that as a part of their resume I'd be calling them a massive fraud.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think he he originally code zip2 from memory. I'm not convinced he's done much since though.
Many of them probably started as coders (Zuckerberg, Dorsey, etc) and quickly stopped coding because the business grew quickly and they were forced to hire an army of code slingers.

SinNombre

Many of them probably started as coders (Zuckerberg, Dorsey, etc) and quickly stopped coding because the business grew quickly and they were forced to hire an army of code slingers.
I don’t know about Dorsey but Zuck, weirdo that he is, is a programmer. Musk isn’t.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I made a GoDaddy website in the late-2000s. Coder’s like me and Musk need to stick together. Im team Musk now. Go Mars!

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
When he codes a spaceship to rocket through the firmament and on to Mars there will still be naysayers claiming he doesn't know how to code.

I'm off now to code me some dinner.

WPMUFC

He’s just a male Liz Holmes innit.

Bullshit merchant, gets smarter people to do the hard almost genius stuff, takes all the credit and does a cracking job of selling his bullshit.
His bullshit con-artist shtick is great for fooling investors and capital funding but I'd at least say a company like SpaceX sends up a rocket. Holmes knew from day one that her product was all bullshit.

In no way a defence of Elon, his tunnel scam is very Liz Holmes like. And I wish he'd just feck off to some remote island and let the actual professional people of SpaceX run themselves. like all glory hunters his influence is always greatly over represented.

Balljy

His bullshit con-artist shtick is great for fooling investors and capital funding but I'd at least say a company like SpaceX sends up a rocket. Holmes knew from day one that her product was all bullshit.

In no way a defence of Elon, his tunnel scam is very Liz Holmes like. And I wish he'd just feck off to some remote island and let the actual professional people of SpaceX run themselves. like all glory hunters his influence is always greatly over represented.
Agreed, I'm not sure what it is but somehow he's founded a company in SpaceX which is way ahead of the competitors. It's not money, because Blue Origin was founded beforehand and they're still about a decade behind plus SpaceX are way ahead of NASA at the moment. Whoever they have designing is a genius, but it's not Musk doing that. Whether he's pushing the business to keep on innovating so is worthwhile is another thing.