Email Woodward circulated to staff (apparently)

IrishRedDevil

Nothing really new, again just confirms we are targeting young, hungry, talented players for a long term approach.

In an internal email to staff - seen by The Daily Telegraph - that was sent shortly before the official announcement of Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s £50 million move from Crystal Palace on Saturday, Woodward moved to quell some of the hysteria around the club by offering reassurance that they were busy “calmly” implementing their summer transfer plans.

In the email, distributed around 10 minutes before Wan-Bissaka’s transfer was made official, Woodward wrote: “Despite the inflated nature of the transfer market and constant speculation and stories, which can be misleading, the recruitment team - in conjunction with the manager (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer) - are working calmly behind the scenes to bring in other exciting players that fit their long-term vision for the club.”

“Following the arrival of Daniel James from Swansea earlier this month, I am delighted to confirm that we have signed exciting young defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace,” Woodward wrote.

“Aaron fits perfectly with Ole’s philosophy and plans for building his team and is a player who will excite our great fans as the season unfolds.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ls-manchester-united-plans-sign-moreexciting/

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
you can't win anything with kids

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Why would he clarify who the manager is? Can Woody spell Solskjaer?

flappyjay

Looks like a intentional "leak" to calm the fans that more signings are coming

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Why would he clarify who the manager is? Can Woody spell Solskjaer?
:lol: that was my first thought.

Surprised at the end it didn't say

“Aaron fits perfectly with Ole’s philosophy and plans for building his team (Manchester United) and is a player who will excite our great fans as the season unfolds.”

Smores

Why would that even be circulated amongst staff, makes no sense.

Just a brief to set expectations of a few other cheaper players. His tone is a massive climb down of making big things happen etc.

SirAF

Ageist
Why would that even be circulated amongst staff, makes no sense.

Just a brief to set expectations of a few other cheaper players. His tone is a massive climb down of making big things happen etc.
This.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It then said “and can no one leak any news to the press about my massive twelve inch penis and the fact that I’ve slept with over 100 women as well please”

Gopher Brown

Oh no, a ‘leaked’ email makes Woody look like a great guy. I bet he’s fuming.

Erics_Collar

“Aaron fits perfectly with Ole’s philosophy and plans for building his team (Manchester United) and is a player who will excite our great fans as the season unfolds.”
That's just how Ed writes. Here's a copy of the e-mail which I had leaked from a mate who works at Old Trafford...

Dear Staff (Employees),

I (Ed Woodward) would like to thank you (the recipient) of your continued dedication to the club (Manchester United) over the last number of months (a unit of time, used with calendars, which is approximately as long as a natural period related to the motion of the Moon).

I would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that - despite recent stories in the media - we (the club (Manchester United (a professional football club based in Old Trafford, Manchester (a metropolitan borough in Greater Manchester (help me, I can't stop elaborating in brackets (tall punctuation marks commonly used in matched pairs (please make it stop (send help now)))))))).

Get back to work.

Kind regards,
Ed (The Teflon Don)

OleGunnar20

“Aaron fits perfectly with Ole’s philosophy and plans for building his team (Manchester United) and is a player who will excite our great fans (cash dispensers) as the season unfolds.”

C'est Moi Cantona

That's why he's still in his job, a propaganda merchant of the highest order, sure many will buy it all once again.

Brophs

The One and Only
Edward Woodward would word the email along similar lines.

starman

Sounds like a letter to the stockholders, rather than a internal staff email, probably as the stock approached its 52wk low..

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Maybe our staff is concerned by all the negativity and as CEO he's moved to reassure them? He really could make his life easier by hiring a football person to be in charge of that, but it doesn't mean everything he does deserves criticism.....

For what it's worth, I know someone who knows him personally, and he's by all accounts a really nice guy. Obviously, they don't have to deal with him on transfers or they might think otherwise:D

Let's just chill and see what happens.

Greck

What's part of that article has people negative? Even if it's a leak he's trying to assure fans of more signings. What's the negative? That he might be lying?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
The one positive from this is that the CEO is acknowledging that the squad needs strengthening.

CM

People will get angry about anything these days

Carolina Red

Staff
That's just how Ed writes. Here's a copy of the e-mail which I had leaked from a mate who works at Old Trafford...

Dear Staff (Employees),

I (Ed Woodward) would like to thank you (the recipient) of your continued dedication to the club (Manchester United) over the last number of months (a unit of time, used with calendars, which is approximately as long as a natural period related to the motion of the Moon).

I would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that - despite recent stories in the media - we (the club (Manchester United (a professional football club based in Old Trafford, Manchester (a metropolitan borough in Greater Manchester (help me, I can't stop elaborating in brackets (tall punctuation marks commonly used in matched pairs (please make it stop (send help now)))))))).

Get back to work.

Kind regards,
Ed (The Teflon Don)
:lol::lol::lol:

Well done

clarkydaz

So right before announcing our new signing Ed thinks,

'God dammit, the internal staff have been in the dark too for long, they need to know the truth!'