Emiliano Sala: Rest In Peace

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There needs to be an investigation about who made him take that charade of an aircraft.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
There needs to be an investigation about who made him take that charade of an aircraft.
I think it was just a normal small airplane. Thousands take them on a daily basis for short distance flights.

They are less safe than commercial flights, probably, but must still be a lot safer than cars.

AndyJ1985

I think it was just a normal small airplane. Thousands take them on a daily basis for short distance flights.

They are less safe than commercial flights, probably, but must still be a lot safer than cars.
Depends how you define safer. There's less chance of having an accident in a plane, but also a much smaller chance of surviving one.

arthurka

As a pilot myself this is very odd choice of a plane .. A multi engine should always have been the first choice. A single prop aircraft for this flight makes very little sense, expecially carrying 18m cargo. The Piper PA 46 has a range well over the 450km (around 2000km) but it is still an oversea flight and would take approx an hour but with an multi approx 30-45 min while being much safer oversea. Single engine while flying over open waters should be avoided if possible.

This is just so sad and just terrible if the reports regarding his messages are true..

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
As a pilot myself this is very odd choice of a plane .. A multi engine should always have been the first choice. A single prop aircraft for this flight makes very little sense, expecially carrying 18m cargo. The Piper PA 46 has a range well over the 450km (around 2000km) but it is still an oversea flight and would take approx an hour but with an multi approx 30-45 min while being much safer oversea. Single engine while flying over open waters should be avoided if possible.

This is just so sad and just terrible if the reports regarding his messages are true..
Feels odd to me Cardiff didn't just send a plane or get him on the eurostar.

How do players get back from international duty? They don't all take these dodgy single engine flights do they. I know Cardiff haven't got budget of top teams to ferry their players around the world but they're still bankrolled by Tan and have all the millions from playing in premier league.

Just feels like cutting corners although of course no one could forsee this happening.

Member 115509

Doesn't look good at all now, this really is so sad, truly awful.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Good to read an opinion of someone who actually has a clue, thanks!

Gazautd18

This is horrible news.
Feel for his family, Nantes FC and Cardiff FC.
Not much to say until everything's been confirmed.
Damn sad.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
For love of God, stop flying on these sardine boxes, especially at night and the winter.

I love Ronaldo, but if he heard what happened, then this is a tasteless tweet.
What? Ronaldo has his own €20m something private jet, hardly a sardine box.

It's just inconsiderate as feck to post that picture today with that caption alongside it. Footballers can be so thick sometimes.

Adisa

He probably has no idea what happened. He was in court today ffs!

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
What? Ronaldo has his own €20m something private jet, hardly a sardine box.

It's just inconsiderate as feck to post that picture today with that caption alongside it. Footballers can be so thick sometimes.
No it isn't. What does he care about today? He probably hasn't even heard what happened. Posters can be so thick sometimes.

Abizzz

He probably has no idea what happened. He was in court today ffs!
Agree with that. Who would get on a plane to take a photo to make fun of someone who is feared to have died on a plane? Makes no sense. Unfortunate timing, these things happen if you post pics of yourself 24/7.

FujiVice

Agree with that. Who would get on a plane to take a photo to make fun of someone who is feared to have died on a plane? Makes no sense. Unfortunate timing, these things happen if you post pics of yourself 24/7.
What? Nobody is saying he was making fun of it. The feeling is, he's so wrapped up in himself his self awareness is non-existent.

MrEleson

I find it more disheartening and disrespectful that people find the need to connect Ronaldo's photo to the tragedy. It's bad timing, yes but he obviously had no idea about the incident. Gary Linker is an idiot for quoting the tweet as it's basically shit stirring. He's a Messi fan anyway, so anything to get bad publicity for Ronaldo.

Even I, who hasn't done much today didn't hear about the news until about an hour ago much less Ronaldo who has been travelling between countries and attending a court case..

The sensible thing to have done was just ignore it no matter how insensitive or ill-timed it looks. Quoting it like he did doesn't really add anything

Abizzz

What? Nobody is saying he was making fun of it. The feeling is, he's so wrapped up in himself his self awareness is non-existent.
Oh, alright. I still don't see anything wrong with his post... aside of unfortunate timing, which happens in a world where thousands of relevant things happen every day.

FujiVice

It's bad timing, yes but he obviously had no idea about the incident.
"He's probably not heard about it." He never got that photo developed at boots. He's literally on the internet to post the fecking thing on twitter! People genuinely sitting around here thinking Ronaldo didnt know about it. He's an egomaniac. Of course it wouldnt have crossed his mind to tweet it and think nothing of the other incident. That's his personality all over.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I severely doubt that it's Ronaldo posting that tweet. Also, it's a poorly timed tweet but feck me does Gary love to jump on things.

Ainu

"He's probably not heard about it." He never got that photo developed at boots. He's literally on the internet to post the fecking thing on twitter! People genuinely sitting around here thinking Ronaldo didnt know about it. He's an egomaniac. Of course it wouldnt have crossed his mind to tweet it and think nothing of the other incident. That's his personality all over.
I'm fairly certain this news is easy to miss unless you're in England or France or follow Premier League and/or Ligue 1. Over here in Belgium you would have to look really hard to find any news about it. Your assumption Ronaldo would've known about it is pure speculation, and you're using that to condemn him. That's just poor form.

Adisa

Some of my mates didn't know anything about it till this evening and they all watch football. Some of you are silly.

tomaldinho1

I find it more disheartening and disrespectful that people find the need to connect Ronaldo's photo to the tragedy. It's bad timing, yes but he obviously had no idea about the incident. Gary Linker is an idiot for quoting the tweet as it's basically shit stirring. He's a Messi fan anyway, so anything to get bad publicity for Ronaldo.

Even I, who hasn't done much today didn't hear about the news until about an hour ago much less Ronaldo who has been travelling between countries and attending a court case..

The sensible thing to have done was just ignore it no matter how insensitive or ill-timed it looks. Quoting it like he did doesn't really add anything
I agree, Lineker's just caused a sh*tstorm for zero reason. I see how it's terrible timing from Ronaldo but don't understand why Lineker would feel the need to highlight it on a social media platform, aside from if he somehow wants to create some attention for himself/negativity for Ronaldo based off the back of what looks like a tragedy - which is sick.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'm fairly certain this news is easy to miss unless you're in England or France or follow Premier League and/or Ligue 1. Over here in Belgium you would have to look really hard to find any news about it. Your assumption Ronaldo would've known about it is pure speculation, and you're using that to condemn him. That's just poor form.
No you didn't, it was on Sporza's main page and on the HLN app as well.

I'm not saying Ronaldo definitely knew about it because there's a good chance he didn't, and obviously he isn't making fun of the situation - but it's just so typical and reaffirms for me that most footballers or professional athletes in general simply live in their own world with a lack of some self-awareness.

arnie_ni

No you didn't, it was on Sporza's main page and on the HLN app as well.

I'm not saying Ronaldo definitely knew about it because there's a good chance he didn't, and obviously he isn't making fun of the situation - but it's just so typical and reaffirms for me that most footballers or professional athletes in general simply live in their own world with a lack of some self-awareness.
I mean, he was in court all day and agreed a massive settlement. Of course he was in his own world today

LingardsBoots

This is a shocker, real bad news. Thoughts with his family at this time. I don't understand why a £15million player was on a small propeller plane in the first place at night time. Thought he would have been on a jet.

RedDevilRoshi

Horrific

That is horrific to hear :(

I’d absolutely love to be proven wrong but the reports that are coming out of this just make me think it really is the worst piece of news we didn’t want to hear about this terrible incident. People have survived plane crashes before but being stuck in freezing water like the English Channel just doesn’t give you a glimmer of hope :(