Emmanuel Frimpong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Not sure if there is a thread on him, if so I'll delete, but what did you guys make of him in the little you saw of him in that Liverpool game. I've seen him before in Arsenal friendlies and was very impressed, think he has alot to his game and amazing energy. His attitude is just what Arsenal lack, abit of fight though he did overstep the mark last game.. I'm hoping he can be moulded into that mobile holding mid that England never seem to produce.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I just read Marjen's thread, I'm dreading the OP now.. the last player he criticised was Luiz and he was proven right.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Doesn't look too technically astute. Determined, powerful and neat from what I've saw. Hadn't heard of him before this season.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
He won praise from Riquelme recently, so he must be doing something right. Frimmy has a massive future ahead of him as long as he cuts the rashness out (will come with time obviously). He's declared that he wants to play for Ghana instead of England, so the inevitable comparisons with Essien will always be there..

I don't think he possesses Essien's power yet, but you can see that they've both been cut from the same cloth.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Very young, playing in a hard disciplined position. A good player with good potential, but will make mistakes and could go many different ways. Wenger is as good of a manger as any to mature into though.

marcus agrippa

Doesn't look too technically astute. Determined, powerful and neat from what I've saw. Hadn't heard of him before this season.
Why do you always talk such rubbish?

He is technically sound. Saw him beat a couple of Liverpool players on Sunday with a quick dribble of the ball on either foot. Saw him drive forward at pace and unleash a low drive that drew a save from Reina; nothing easy about that at pace.

He is a good player. His temperament might be what Arsenal lack at the moment, but he needs to use his head.

RedLars

Just posted in Marjen's thread as well, but like I said there I thought Frimpong looked good and that he seems like another great prospect for Arsenal. In the first half I thought he struggled a bit with his positioning defensively, and came in late a couple of times as a result, but it seemed to improve in the second half before his sending off.

As per usual when it comes to Arsenal youngsters he looked quite comfortable in possession and had a very nice drive with the ball, carrying it forward quite a few times. In fact, he contributed more than Ramsey in this part of the game as well, who I've been watching quite closely in Arsenal's first two games, and subsequently been a bit disappointed by so far.

Edit: I agree with marcus agrippa, I don't see where Wayne_Rooney is coming from at all.

Scrumpet

There are no words
We need to crush this Frimmy business before it takes hold. It'll spread through the forum like a virus.

SATA

He reminds me of Tiote, okay technique, can keep possession well and look for a pass. Don't know anything about his shooting

RedLars

He reminds me of Tiote, okay technique, can keep possession well and look for a pass. Don't know anything about his shooting
He tested Reina with a pretty good shot in the first half. That's about all I know about it too.

johnmufc

I hate players like this. They lack real quality, but people are impressed by their athleticism and aggression. Frimpong's intelligence is so poor and he very reckless. He was also lucky not to be sent off against Udinese.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Why do you always talk such rubbish?

He is technically sound. Saw him beat a couple of Liverpool players on Sunday with a quick dribble of the ball on either foot. Saw him drive forward at pace and unleash a low drive that drew a save from Reina; nothing easy about that at pace.

He is a good player. His temperament might be what Arsenal lack at the moment, but he needs to use his head.
None of what you said implies technical ability. He's aggressive and athletic and had a few good spells of play.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He won praise from Riquelme recently, so he must be doing something right. Frimmy has a massive future ahead of him as long as he cuts the rashness out (will come with time obviously). He's declared that he wants to play for Ghana instead of England, so the inevitable comparisons with Essien will always be there..

I don't think he possesses Essien's power yet, but you can see that they've both been cut from the same cloth.
Bad news about the Ghana choice, him and Welbeck could really improve England.

I hate players like this. They lack real quality, but people are impressed by their athleticism and aggression. Frimpong's intelligence is so poor and he very reckless. He was also lucky not to be sent off against Udinese.
Thing is Wenger for all his faults, really does know how to pick Midfield talents, and for that reason, we'd be crazy to write him off.. let him settle down and mature, he might tone the red mist down, or he might be exactly what you've described. I for one see alot more potential in him than Denilson, and that surely has to be a positive for Arsenal fans.

I know Arsenal fans who've been talking about him for a while and I can sorta see why. He has the potential to be a midfield powerhouse for them and is useful in defence and attack. They've lacked some steel in midfield for a long time and Frimpong can play that enforcer role quite well.

The obvious problem is his reckless fouling at the moment. Unless he smartens up he's gonna accumulate cards galore.

MacMUFC

What? Tiote has superb technical ability.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Look guys, I don't think he's a bad player from what I've seen - which admittedly is not much - far from it. He looks able to work space in tight areas well enough, looks a strong lad and puts himself about a bit, to put it gently. Nice drive and energy.

However I do feel he cost Arsenal the match vs Liverpool, up until then Arsenal looked the better side. And I don't agree that he shielded the back four well in the time he did spend on the pitch, positionally suspect I thought, which to be fair is understandable.

That's not to say he's a bad player at all. Actually he seems quite talented, just a hotheaded debut is all.

Luiz though, won't be a proper CB until he learns basic defending, which was apparent throughout last season even if the media hyped him up to be some kind of super version of Maldini. In fact I won't be surprised to see him end up as a full-back or even as a midfielder.

marjen

:lol:

Tiote is a beat of a player, but "superb" technical ability? Youre kidding right?
I think Tiote's got decent technical ability. Nice habit of wriggling himself out of tight situations, and his first touch almost always takes him away from the opposition player. Good range of passing as well, and obviously as we've seen a great strike on him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Players like Tiote, Mulumbu and Frimpong, are very mobile little players, whether any of them can be remotely as good as Makalele depends on the capacity to read the game in a defensive sense, which is questionable on all three fronts, in fact if you could ally Carricks brain and ball-striking ability, with any of the aforementioned trio's ability to get around the pitch and ball carrying ability, you'd have the player that is missing from the United midfield who can complement Anderson & Cleverley.

marjen

Players like Tiote, Mulumbu and Frimpong, are very mobile little players, whether any of them can be remotely as good as Makalele depends on the capacity to read the game in a defensive sense, which is questionable on all three fronts, in fact if you could ally Carricks brain and ball-striking ability, with any of the aforementioned trio's ability to get around the pitch and ball carrying ability, you'd have the player that is missing from the United midfield who can complement Anderson & Cleverley.
Or we could have just bought Michael Essien. Too late for that one I guess..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looked to be a good tackler with the ability to cover ground and put himself about. Not so sure about how intelligent a footballer he is, though. It's a position you have to be tactically strong to do well. But he's young.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
You could try discussing why instead of making a smart comment, twice. You're not worth the effort.

Ace

Always knew he was getting sent off against Liverpool after he got a yellow in the 6th or 7th minute.

MacMUFC

He has? How would you describe Paul Scholes or Berbatov's technical ability?
Oh okay, yeah that sounds fair, comparing Cheick Tiote's technical ability with that of the greatest midfielder of last generation and a player with perhaps the best first touch this country has ever seen.

What I think of Berbatov and Scholes' technical ability is irrelevant. Tiote's technique is superb; it certainly wouldnt look out of place in our midfield.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Oh okay, yeah that sounds fair, comparing Cheick Tiote's technical ability with that of the greatest midfielder of last generation and a player with perhaps the best first touch this country has ever seen.

What I think of Berbatov and Scholes' technical ability is irrelevant. Tiote's technique is superb; it certainly wouldnt look out of place in our midfield.
It's the use of the word "superb" that's over the top. His technique is perfectly adequate but nothing deserving of that kind of praise. It doesn't stand out, that's for sure.

MacMUFC

It's the use of the word "superb" that's over the top. His technique is perfectly adequate but nothing deserving of that kind of praise. It doesn't stand out, that's for sure.
Well its all relative isnt it? You dont think it stands out? Despite the fact similar players in his position usually have very average technique, i.e. Palacios, Michael Brown, Zokora etc. Maybe I should've expanded on it then; for a player in his position his technique is outstanding and thus, superb. Just my opinion.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Always knew he was getting sent off against Liverpool after he got a yellow in the 6th or 7th minute.
I was sure of it when he gave the finger to Lucas just a little bit later.

Odious little player.

Ace

Be careful not to confuse that with youthful recklessness. Don't close the book on him yet, he could be an important player for them this season given the departures.

Status
Not open for further replies.