ENG v AUS First Test: Cardiff

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I think we get it you don't like cricket.
Nah i dont hate it at all man, i just get a tad bored watching it on telly after a while. I've been to the Basin Reserve in Wellington to see New Zealand vs India & really enjoyed that. Was a great day out & saw the game in a different light :cool:

Apologies for the forum invasion, i'll stop it now :angel:

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
A couple of half centuries have certainly put us in a decent position.

There's always a risk of nerves getting to the players in the opening innings of such a high profile series. Luckily we've not started too badly all things considered.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Why is it being played in Cardiff?

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I suppose they did have the English FA Cup final down in Cardiff, so why stop at football. Next they'll be moving Wimbledon there.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
This is after all the England and Wales cricket team, so having a test match there makes sense.

Anyway 200-3, looking good for now.

Northstand

What a dire shot by Pietersen. Easily our best player but he lets himself down with the odd rush of blood like that.

zing

Zingle balls
Could catch only a bit of the match so far. Saw the 12 overs after tea.. there's notable swing both ways with the old ball. Should be an interesting match. Rubbish shot from Pietersen to get out.. but he should've been given out a few overs earlier for that LBW shout.

If Johnson gets a couple of wickets before close of play with the new ball taken later, England could be in big trouble.

Northstand

Could catch only a bit of the match so far. Saw the 12 overs after tea.. there's notable swing both ways with the old ball. Should be an interesting match. Rubbish shot from Pietersen to get out.. but he should've been given out a few overs earlier for that LBW shout.

If Johnson gets a couple of wickets before close of play with the new ball taken later, England could be in big trouble.
Yes, it was looking good up to the point Collingwood was out. As you say, with the new ball due fairly shortly the Aussies will be fancying their chances of wrapping up this innings fairly rapidly.

TheRedFlag

Not feeling himself tonight
I don't have much of a clue about cricket really but all I care about is beating the Ozzie's.

zing

Zingle balls
Prior and Flintoff aren't pissing about, are they?

Very good partnership.

zing

Zingle balls
Gone.

I was just going to say Flintoff and Prior should play these 3 overs out because it'll end up being a very successful day for them.

zing

Zingle balls
A night watchman when the next man in is Broad?

zing

Zingle balls
Yeah I think its Broad then Swann after the night watchman
Yea, I know. I find the choice of sending in a night watchman a bit odd at this point, Broad's just a tailender who can bat a bit.