England Cricket Summer 17 - South Africa & West Indies

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
That's a real shame for him, that must be really really fecking painful.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
A terrible shame. 200 was well on the cards.

paulscholes18

Very good interview from Trevor Bayliss, didn’t hold back saying he wanted Root at 3, and he felt let down by the players being out at 2:30

Danny Roberts

Does anyone not think that the Aussies will thrash us? We have 3 major issues in the batting line-up and no bowlers who will do well in Australia. I think Australia have to be a great bet to win the series at 8/13.
Hope anyone who likes a bet got on this. Odds getting smashed in a bit on the exchanges this morning, down to 1.5 but 1.6 still available at a few bookies if you fancy. After the Stokes incident, the squad announcement and the media reaction to the squad I expect those odds could drop more. 14/1 the whitewash also worth a dabble IMO.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Bairstow should be the permanent opener. Even when he isn't in form he'll grind it out and score good at a decent rate because of his technique and temperament. I'd say he would make a very good opener in tests as well but that will obviously not happen as long as he has the WK responsibility.

NinjaFletch

Bairstow should be the permanent opener. Even when he isn't in form he'll grind it out and score good at a decent rate because of his technique and temperament. I'd say he would make a very good opener in tests as well but that will obviously not happen as long as he has the WK responsibility.
Hales is in great form as well tbh, and Roy is utterly destructive.

I'd probably drop Billings for Hales (providing his role in events is as relatively minor as initial reports made out) right now and bat Bairstow four (as a better power hitter than Root if he comes in deep in the innings) and then probably Morgan's next to go if and when Stokes comes back into the side.

paulscholes18

I agree, with everyone available my ODI side would be

Roy
Hales
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Rashid
Woakes
Plunkett
Wood

But times like today when the openers get a 100+ partnership I would promote Buttler to 3 especially if Roy is the man out

Danny Roberts

Love Bairstow but he hasn't got the technique or style to open in Tests, not by a long stretch.