England Cricket Winter 2017/18 - Ashes & NZ

Zen

Legit wanted to bet on a ton from Warner yesterday - it was almost guaranteed. Didn't.
Legit wanted to take a punt on a ton from Cook today - just a punt. Didn't.

Hate the misses in life. Cook was tidy odds too, Warner only like 7/4 though.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Well that was nice to wake up to. I wonder how we’ll managed to feck this one up :D

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Well in Cook, hope he kicks on from here and this is not an exception to the norm.

paulscholes18

Thought he hit it, replays proved me right, why didn’t he review it? Both Vince and now Malan wrongly given out, is Cook telling them not to review them or what

zing

Zingle balls
Inconsequential but that has to be one of the worst decisions by a third umpire..

kotha

Me slagging off Cook here saying he's stopped scoring centuries t has made him get one.

Looks like England have finally have won every session in the day. Think they will win this match,Smith is bound to fail sometime.

zing

Zingle balls
Dead rubber and all that, but heartening to see Cook get runs.

For me, the best opening batsman of the last 30 years and a solid sports person. Liked seeing Broad celebrating when Cook got to the 200.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

For me, the best opening batsman of the last 30 years and a solid sports person. Liked seeing Broad celebrating when Cook got to the 200.
Yeah I like Cook, took himself further up the most test runs board too with that knock.

Fair play to Broad too, great effort at the end with that 50, we’d be in a much worse position without that.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Shame when it mattered he couldn't score any.

ArmchairCritic

No Starc and a slow pitch contributory factors also but there's no such thing as a dead rubber when you're facing a potential whitewash and careers are on the line.

paulscholes18

Cook now averages 55 for the series :lol:
He went from England’s 8th highest run scorer to England’s highest run scorer this Ashes series
Also has the 2 highest test inning scores this year (just a shame about his other 18)

ArmchairCritic

Excellent stuff by George Dobell, who has covered this series terrifically:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21909055/the-ashes-sinking-mire-own-bullshit

Found the reactionary nature of analysis by the BT Sport team pretty jarring as well, so bad in fact I have no inclination to watch it all. I find a large number of recent pros turned pundits are not very objective and end up offering little insight at all.

This Ashes tour has irked me in the way it's been played and reported at large. Just get on the pitch and execute, this fascination with sledging and getting inside the heads of the opposition is childish and boring and detracts from the skill of the players.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Excellent stuff by George Dobell, who has covered this series terrifically:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21909055/the-ashes-sinking-mire-own-bullshit

Found the reactionary nature of analysis by the BT Sport team pretty jarring as well, so bad in fact I have no inclination to watch it all. I find a large number of recent pros turned pundits are not very objective and end up offering little insight at all.

This Ashes tour has irked me in the way it's been played and reported at large. Just get on the pitch and execute, this fascination with sledging and getting inside the heads of the opposition is childish and boring and detracts from the skill of the players.
Yeah. Many of them turn into supporters in possession of a commentators microphone nowadays. Here, we have three radio stations covering the series. Mark Waugh, an Aussie selector, is providing commentary on the series for triple m radio. Out the window goes impartiality, out the window goes the idea of a commentator being objective too. It's a conflict of interest. Sledging is interesting but to a point and i doubt it's of any interest outside Australia tbh.

Kazi

You can’t beat Sky Sports’ coverage when it comes to cricket. Hate that twat Vaughan the most, always sensationalist with everything he ever says.

TheGame

You can’t beat Sky Sports’ coverage when it comes to cricket. Hate that twat Vaughan the most, always sensationalist with everything he ever says.
He really is a vile and despicable twat. Loves posting controversial stuff on social media and when anyone questions him, he bans them. One minute he's slagging off a player then up his arse .

Balljy

Agreed, but dropping him in the next couple of years would be suicidal for England. We've tried multiple partners in the top 2 with none sticking long term at the moment. Now is not the time to drop the opener who is capable of doing the job (regardless of overall form) when we've taken years to find someone decent to open batting with him with no success.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You get 80k in to watch a test match and they're rewarded with such a pathetic pitch.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Mason Crane in for Woakes for the Sidney test. I've seen a bit of Crane and I think this guy is the real deal. He gives the ball some serious spin. And I mean a very serious amount of revs. Far and away the most promising bowler I've ever seen from England. Watch this space!

ArmchairCritic

Let's hope Crane fares better than the last England spinner to get a debut in the 5th test of an Ashes.