England Cricket Winter 2017/18 - Ashes & NZ

paulscholes18

Stoneman hit 111, Cook 70, Vince 26, Root 62 NO, Malan 57 NO,

England 337/3 a lead of 87

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
That Australia squad looks beatable, shame Stokes had a brainfart pre-series.

zing

Zingle balls
Think the furore over the Aus squad is over the top.

The two questionable choices - Paine for Wade, Marsh for Maxwell - are relatively lower priority positions in the team. Paine is a talented player, as well. Maybe there are a couple of better options, but I doubt the difference is going to be more than 10 runs between this pair and anyone else, at worst.

The rest of the team looks solid for a home test. I see them as stronger than England.

That bowling line-up is brilliant..

Cummins, Hazlewood, Starc with Bird and Sayers as backup.

prath92

Tim Paine last scored a FC hundred in 2006. Darren Lehmann scored one in 2007

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'm still confident Australia will win the series relatively comfortably.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Tend to agree that the Aussies have a bit to much for England at home. Just hope Stoneman snd Malan can take their performanance in this match into the test series, it will make it much much closer.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I usually watch the Ashes tour in Australia (being overnight here in England) partly due to Sky Sports' coverage. BT Sport are just a hilarious bunch of presenters and it will take away the gloss. Shame really.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I usually watch the Ashes tour in Australia (being overnight here in England) partly due to Sky Sports' coverage. BT Sport are just a hilarious bunch of presenters and it will take away the gloss. Shame really.
Funnily enough their commentary will be the best of the TV options until the Melbourne test. Thank goodness for the radio.

prath92

Tend to agree that the Aussies have a bit to much for England at home. Just hope Stoneman snd Malan can take their performanance in this match into the test series, it will make it much much closer.
They were facing bowlers like Gurinder Sandhu and the likes. Starc and Cummins are another level

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Think the furore over the Aus squad is over the top.

The two questionable choices - Paine for Wade, Marsh for Maxwell - are relatively lower priority positions in the team. Paine is a talented player, as well. Maybe there are a couple of better options, but I doubt the difference is going to be more than 10 runs between this pair and anyone else, at worst.

The rest of the team looks solid for a home test. I see them as stronger than England.

That bowling line-up is brilliant..

Cummins, Hazlewood, Starc with Bird and Sayers as backup.
Not sure Cummins nor Starc have the fitness to last an entire series, England need to bat time and get them into their 3rd and 4th spells.

ChrisNelson

Reports this morning on Talksport that Stuart Broad has been hit on the lower back by a stray golf ball while on the course in Brisbane. Sounds like he's ok and will still play but close call!

G-manc

I've never been overly impressed with Cummins. Apart from being injury prone, he doesn't seem to have much control. I'm more worried about Starc and Hazlewood.

What is clear is that Australia are no longer a team to be feared. It's standard for them to talk cr*p before an Ashes series. I remember them saying the same thing about pace with Shaun Tait who was quicker than both Starc and Cummins.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The Ozzies doing what they are best at, ie. being mouthy tw@ts. They really are such an unlikeable bunch. Anyway, if they can keep Starc, Hazlewood and Lyon fit then it's difficult not to see anything but a resounding Ozzie series win.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
If England avoid defeat at Gabba and the WACA, they're a good bet to do well in the series. Lose both and they'll lose the series.

ChrisNelson

Special mention for England Women who have tied the Ashes series at 8-8 with victory in the final T20I today, chasing down 179 to win by 4 wickets with 6 balls remaining. Highest ever successful run chase in Womens T20I's. Shame the Aussies retain the Ashes with a draw being good enough for the holders, but it's still been a great year for our Womens team.

prath92

I know lineker played at junior level but Scholes seems to have played cricket in the past too going by his bowling action.

zing

Zingle balls
anyone else think starc is over rated? He’s lethal against the tail and just ok against the top order. Hazlewood is a far superior bowler overall - the best in the world today for me.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Even as a neutral, can't wait for the Ashes. Two average batting lineups against two very good bowling lineups. Australia with their stupid selections has made the series more even.

prath92

anyone else think starc is over rated? He’s lethal against the tail and just ok against the top order. Hazlewood is a far superior bowler overall - the best in the world today for me.
Starc’s only issue is fitness. His yorkers are near fatal. Getting the tail is no easy task anyway. Especially when England will probably lineup some guy who has scored a FC 100 at #11

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Excited for start of the series, especially given all the banter and drama before. This is my 2nd favorite series to look forward to after Australia-South Africa.

kotha

Excited for this.. The whole hype train is amazing for the ashes.. BBC has an article up almost daily on it these days..

The one about Mitchell Johnson having them spooked was quite telling..

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Anyone else planning an all nighter tonight? Just back from Asda with a case of lager and a double pepperoni pizza.
Bring it on!

ChrisNelson

Anyone else planning an all nighter tonight? Just back from Asda with a case of lager and a double pepperoni pizza.
Bring it on!
I will be going for the tactic of leaving it on my iPad on the bedside table and seeing how long I last before I fall asleep. Then if I wake up in the night I can check the score!
I've booked the day off work on Friday so I'll probably catch a bit Thursday night.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Probably the least interested I’ve been in an Ashes series for a long time. Both average sides. Doesn’t help BT have the rights which reduces my interest even more.

Reckon Aussies will win the series either 2-1 or 3-1.

Boycott

Going to pull an all nighter. I enjoyed BT's coverage of last year's tests and they've got my namesake on commentary which should be fun!

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
With a 7 month old baby and a busy time at the office, my Ashes fix will be limited to checking the scores and maybe watching a wee bit at the weekend.

NinjaFletch

I'm getting pretty hyped.

Going to watch the first session for sure and see how I feel from there. Reckon if Stokes is able to join up with the team with England still in touch we might sneak it. Big if though.

RK

Going out for the third test and maybe a day of the second.
Somehow I've only just realised this is on BT :(. TMS is great but does anyone have a temporary "source" for the moving pictures?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Cook already out. with a non existent middle order, England could be in big big trouble

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Nice bowling from Starc. Not great from Cook.