England in India 2021

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Whoever is responsible for reading the pitch in England should be sacked. Don't think this was a one pacer pitch.
Bit early for that. In the dream world we bat for 5 sessions it might not be a bad call. We shall see.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Bit early for that. In the dream world we bat for 5 sessions it might not be a bad call. We shall see.
If you had seen the first session, you wouldn't say that.

AshRK

Good toss to win for England - apparently the pitch is good for batting now but will turn very quickly once again.

England go with 3 spinners, 4 if you count the fella who got a fifer last week. How good are Lawrence and Bess? Archer and Broad dropped.

India bring in Siraj for Bumrah, who's off to get married.
Who are the 3 spinners? Isn't Lawrence a batsmen? Bess and leach are the two spinners.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
So lunch now.
Seems bit of a flat track tbh. No spin or nothing.
I think Siraj has been our best bowler so far. Stokes lucky as he edged three in seven balls and all went to vacant slip cordon.
Flat track for now - there's already a hint of spin, and the commentary was talking about there's going to be cracks once the early moisture is gone.

prateik

Also whats with the crowd?

There's noone there!
Weekday. England batting.. high of 37 in Ahmedabad.. Summers in Ahmedabad are no fun... especially if you arent used to it.. it isnt even summer and its really hot.

edit: just checked the forecast.. today is good.. goes to 39 tomorrow..

Dan_F

I have a lot of work today, and I’m bordering on not even putting it on the tv after waking up and seeing the score :lol:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
We need 300 here with the line up picked.

Which is pretty much reliant on a Stokes 100.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Starting to turn with more regularity now which England will be a bit relieved about with the side picked

As mentioned, won't matter if we don't make 250 absolute minimum.

zing

Zingle balls
Cheers. Fairly affordable then.
Ipl is expensive. The cheapest test match ticket is 1 gbp per day. The cheapest ipl one is 10gbp but that prices out a lot of the working class. A MCD burger would cost you a little over 1gbp for context.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Not watching but the scorecard suggests I should be blaming the pitch.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Big wicket just as we were getting back into it.

This is a 300 pitch for the time being.

zing

Zingle balls
Not watching but the scorecard suggests I should be blaming the pitch.
120 for 4 looked a decent platform. With Stokes gone, I think we can start blaming the pitch now.

KM

120 for 4 looked a decent platform. With Stokes gone, I think we can start blaming the pitch now.
When do we start blaming the home umpires?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
That was such a poor shot from Stokes. Really frustrating.

Lazy defensive prod.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I turn the volume down once in awhile because Pant never shuts up. It's entertaining when you're watching for a few overs, but he has been yelling since cricket restarted and I'm trying to get work done. Must really get to the batsmen - kudos to his enthusiasm.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Indian fans are so weird , its almost like they are looking for some moaning to make themselves feel better about this . India being good doesn't seem to be enough

KM

I turn the volume down once in awhile because Pant never shuts up. It's entertaining when you're watching for a few overs, but he has been yelling since cricket restarted and I'm trying to get work done. Must really get to the batsmen - kudos to his enthusiasm.

zing

Zingle balls
Indian fans are so weird , its almost like they are looking for some moaning to make themselves feel better about this . India being good doesn't seem to be enough
it was said in jest, you’re the almighty whinger of this thread, your crown is safe

@DOTA is English I think anyway

KM

it was said in jest, you’re the almighty whinger of this thread, your crown is safe

@DOTA is English I think anyway
You've to consider the mental level of poster here before replying to him.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
England hanging in there, just about.

Looks flat for the seamers with the old ball.