England squad (Games against Bulgaria and Kosovo)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
How could they both play?

Our best team is probably something like:

------------------Kane
Sterling--Maddison--Sancho
------------Winks----Rice
Shaw/Chilwell--Maguire--Gomez--TAA

I don't see any space in that attack for him.
------------------Kane (200m)
Sterling (150m)--Maddison (90m)--Sancho (120m)
------------Winks (50m)----Rice (50m)
Shaw/Chilwell (30m)--Maguire (80m)--Gomez (50m)--TAA (75m)

That squad would cost about 900m, and still I'm not sure it would land the League title.

Walters_19_MuFc

Decent enough by England. Not sure I would have went with the midfield Gareth have gone with, especially against a team that are looking to sit deep.

Barkley is fine, and is the only one trying to play those defence splittling passes. Rice and Henderson, on the other hand, have been quite safe. As highlighted, Rice could have put Sterling in a few times.

I'd have put Wink and Maddison in, but we're winning which is the main thing.

mav_9me

No but Rashford plays well for England and is strong off the left. Sterling also makes very good runs beyond Kane and is good in central areas coming off the right. Let's not act like it doesn't make sense just because Sancho is also a good player.
The best 3 attackers for England are Sterling/Kane/Sancho. Would you disagree? So unless you are going to say they don't need to play their strongest 11, I wouldn't play Rashford ahead of Sancho.

MrBrightside1989

:rolleyes:

some short memories.. he sacked off a load of established England players when he was appointed.
I wouldn't necessarily say that was controversial, to me that was him doing his job and using a youth policy he was undoubtedly hired for.

When I say he is not controversial I was really meaning with his personal life, answers to questions, relationship with the media, players etc.

In the sense that Allardyce caused controversy and embarrassment to the FA. The way Mourinho was at United where he was offending the media/players etc.
Southgate will never be that kind of man.

Last edited by a moderator:

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Laughable penalty..Is there no VAR for the qualifiers?! Shameful desicion by the referee..

Stadjer

That is Rashford used in a way which suits his qualities. Not being on the ball but sprinting after a deep ball and making use of his speed. That is what he is good at.. long shots, dribbeling and hold up play isnt something he is (very) good at.

haram

The best 3 attackers for England are Sterling/Kane/Sancho. Would you disagree? So unless you are going to say they don't need to play their strongest 11, I wouldn't play Rashford ahead of Sancho.
It depends what the manager wants from the forwards. Rashford just won a penalty.

Carl S Bridge

Not pissing anyone off that Keane is England CB today? Sold him for peanuts. Could easily be a part of this squad if not a starter

Deery

Dreary
Harry Kane is a great player wish we had him, totally wasted at Spurs...

mav_9me

Laughable penalty..Is there no VAR for the qualifiers?! Shameful desicion by the referee..
Wtf? 100% penalty. So defenders can just jump into tackles not get the ball and it's OK?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rashford playing well.
I'd like to see Sancho brought on, don't watch much bundesliga so it's a good chance to see him play.

ash_86

Rashford will improve well if we had someone like Zlatan leading the line. Shame we have no one of such presence.

haram

England team is better than the United team and he is also playing on the left so no surprise Rashford looks better.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
What's the point of this midfield?
From what I have seen Rice is not any better than McTominay. Mount on as sub for the average Henderson. Would have liked to see Maddison given a run but maybe in the Kosovan game.

Zoo

Rashford on the right now. Hopefully we see that happening more at United with him and James swapping.

mav_9me

From what I have seen Rice is not any better than McTominay. Mount on as sub for the average Henderson. Would have liked to see Maddison given a run but maybe in the Kosovan game.
I haven't seen Rice much for W Ham.. So don't know but wouldn't be surprised if you are right.