England squad (Games against Bulgaria and Kosovo)

MrBrightside1989

Southgate is an un-controversial, yes man manager. He has the squeaky clean persona that the FA look for. He isn't particularly good at anything as far as I can see, but he is good enough to get England to qualify and get out of the groups at all tournaments. He plays decent football and has talented players who are capable of getting the crowd on their feet.
Undoubtedly their are more talented managers who would jump at the England job- the problem is that, outside of perhaps Eddie Howe, none of them are English.

Bulgaria look pretty pants though

Acole9

Outstanding
No idea why Baines isn't in the squad nowadays, Rose and Chilwell aren't good enough.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Cannot believe Rashford starts over Sancho. Fecking absurd.

mav_9me

I thought Barkley was supposed to be a creative midfielder
I feel like that's a misconception. What I mean is he has a decent shot and is not good defensively, so he is an attacking midfielder by default. But he is a bit of a nothing player. He most definitely does not have the passing or vision to be a creative midfielder.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I feel like that's a misconception. What I mean is he has a decent shot and is not good defensively, so he is an attacking midfielder by default. But he is a bit of a nothing player. He most definitely does not have the passing or vision to be a creative midfielder.
I think Barkley would agree

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This game cries out for creative talents in Maddison and sancho. Not sure what Southgate is thinking really? we will need to be better than this against less idiotic opposition

starman

Rashford shooting from miles out, what the hell is going through his brain in doing this so much :houllier:

Kane, goal.

Inigo Montoya

With defending like that. One of the midfielders should be taken off and Sancho on

izec

Rose, Trippier, Rice, Barkley, Rashford :lol:

It isnt like they dont have better and more offensive players on the bench to play instead of them

Chilwell, Arnold, Maddison and Sancho need to play

Inigo Montoya

Keane just looks like Burnley player who’s trying to play at a level he’s nowhere near

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
2 best chances for Bulgaria :lol:

Silas

Two different roles

They should both play. Don’t know why we need Henderson Rice and Barkley
How could they both play?

Our best team is probably something like:

------------------Kane
Sterling--Maddison--Sancho
------------Winks----Rice
Shaw/Chilwell--Maguire--Gomez--TAA

I don't see any space in that attack for him.

haram

Are you saying Sancho is flavor of the month after his last season and this season so far?
No but Rashford plays well for England and is strong off the left. Sterling also makes very good runs beyond Kane and is good in central areas coming off the right. Let's not act like it doesn't make sense just because Sancho is also a good player.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Rice, Henderson and Barkley is a rubbish midfield