England squad (Games against Bulgaria and Kosovo)

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I m not watching the game but in the first minutes of the game, posters were moaning about Southgate.
England are 4-0 up after 70 mins...it don t reflect well on the expertise of some caftards over here.
Seems some people were born to moan. Sad lot
Even Solskjaer or Boothroyd would win easily with this team against Bulgaria.

We have looked average against a awful Bulgaria side especially in midfield.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Beating any team 4-0 is a good result nowadays. I ve seen England struggling against shit teams in the past, so a 4-0 win is more than welcome
Yeh. Remember that umbrella man couldn't get England passed a minnow on the last game to qualify for WC?

haram

:lol: oh yeah its 4-0, England were playing like prime Barcelona in the first half then.
Not what I said at all. Whenever the Caf thinks a line up is bad the team goes and wins the game.

Sylar

Rashford did the right thing, but the dink wasnt deft enough.

0le

Rashford with a great run, good save in the end. He probably should have scored to be honest, but good move.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It was a beautiful first touch by Rashford at that speed and the finish he chose was the right decision, just lacked some technique.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Rashford with a great run, good save in the end. He probably should have scored to be honest, but good move.
For those of our fans who continually complain about Rashford, just look at what he can do alongside better players.

lambnchips

Supports
Tottenham
I am a huge admirer of Southgate. He is a good thinker and I especially like the way he wants his players to take much more responsibility. His teams are well balanced and move well and are significantly better than the so called golden generation.
Southgate played with some great leaders for England before the golden generation. Players who knew all about team work.

siw2007

Good result for England. Front three were very good, midfield was a little uninspiring, lacked creativity at times.

Walters_19_MuFc

England team is better than the United team and he is also playing on the left so no surprise Rashford looks better.
I like a 4231 but I would like to see United playing a 433 like England did.

Rashford Martial James
Pogba Fred McTominay
Shaw Maguire Lindelof Wan-Bissaka
De Gea

James and Rashford rotating like Sterling and Rashford did today.

haram

I like a 4231 but I would like to see United playing a 433 like England did.

Rashford Martial James
Pogba Fred McTominay
Shaw Maguire Lindelof Wan-Bissaka
De Gea

James and Rashford rotating like Sterling and Rashford did today.
Problem is James also looks better on the left. We should play a 3 man midfield but Ole is yet to change it.

Sylar

Agree with Keane, Rashford can learn from Sterling with how he plays and is now getting goals and lots of tap ins.

baywatchfan

Embarrassing, really. Once, one of the better teams in Europe/World that played with great determination, nowadays a San Marino level team...

0le

You literally spoke about Rashford.
It was more that I got the impression that he may think I am one of these people that constantly moan about Rashford whereas I've always liked Rashford but I am aware he gets a lot of criticism - rightfully in some cases.

Classical Mechanic

Yeh. Remember that umbrella man couldn't get England passed a minnow on the last game to qualify for WC?
That was Mclaren and it was the 2008 Euros. England are 14-1 from their first 3 games, I don’t recall an England team ever being good at thrashing smaller nations. We generally used to always win by small margins or draw.

Last edited:

Icemav

Rashford still looks very raw and the odd one out with more mature and polished players around him. Of course he has talent but really he is a good young (and inconsistent) player surrounded by better players in a fairly balanced system. These are ideal circumstances for him. He is relied upon and tries too much at United and that is a problem.... the team is unbalanced and there are not enough top quality senior performers to take control of games.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Three games!

Call me an old fart but I still think an international call up should be earned.
A lot of the times they will give players caps just to make sure they can't play anywhere else. For example, England never capped Zaha so now he's playing for Ivory Coast. So now, even if they won't necesarily play a person again, they will at least try to cap them to make sure they can call them up if needed and not playing for another country...

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Southgate played with some great leaders for England before the golden generation. Players who knew all about team work.
Yes he did. But how many of those great leaders have gone onto become good managers.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That was Mclaren and it was the 2008 Euros. England are 14-1 from their first 3 games, I don’t recall an England team ever being good at thrashing smaller nations. We generally used to always win by small margins or draw.
You're right.

This team under Southgate seems like a close kin. No primadona. They also play it simple but effective.

dbs235

Rashford still looks very raw and the odd one out with more mature and polished players around him. Of course he has talent but really he is a good young (and inconsistent) player surrounded by better players in a fairly balanced system. These are ideal circumstances for him. He is relied upon and tries too much at United and that is a problem.... the team is unbalanced and there are not enough top quality senior performers to take control of games.
This. He's expected to lead the line for Manchester United at the age of 21 and is judged as such. With the risk of sounding like Jamie Redknapp, in previous squads he'd have been out on loan at Everton or coming on for Rooney/RVP/Tevez etc for 20 minutes at the end of a game. Another point is that he's suffered from the same boom/bust cycle that many young English players have suffered from in recent years (Sterling, Barkley, Ox, Alli, Walker, Stones all off the top of my head). They break into the first teams at a young age and look new and exciting and perhaps get over hyped, then become familiar and begin to be criticised and underrated.

Robbie Boy

Christ, England had some great midfield options on the bench but they went for cloggers like Rice and Henderson. And as for Barkley, I don’t even know what he’s meant to be.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Not what I said at all. Whenever the Caf thinks a line up is bad the team goes and wins the game.
Us winning at home to Bulgaria was never in doubt, but the lineup was unnecessarily conservative/didn't really take advantage of the chance to experiment imo.

We'll obviously win these games, purely due to a tremendous quality gap.

haram

Us winning at home to Bulgaria was never in doubt, but the lineup was unnecessarily conservative/didn't really take advantage of the chance to experiment imo.

We'll obviously win these games, purely due to a tremendous quality gap.
The manager has to consider team shape and structure going forward. All good and well crying about Sancho not starting but he is a different player to Sterling and Rashford.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
How many points we get will directly effect the seeding at the Euros that’s why Southgate won’t experiment

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
The manager has to consider team shape and structure going forward. All good and well crying about Sancho not starting but he is a different player to Sterling and Rashford.
If he wants to think about team structure then IMO Sancho is better suited to what he's trying to do. Rashford is a real threat through the middle but I'm not sold on him when he's pushed out wide, to be honest.

Sancho's ability to beat a man and whip a ball in to the likes of Kane, and sterling arriving at the back post, should be what we go with going forward. He's just a better, more creative wide man than Rashford is.