England U-17s

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Apparently a bit of a special crop, beat Germany 8-1 a couple days ago.

Anyone know much about them? I'm guessing they are all 6ft 2, 15 stone and can run the 100m in under 11 seconds.

NYAS

Our very own Gomes and City's Sancho are the stand-outs.

Apparently they've got an extremely talented squad in most positions and have great depth.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
not sure that's necessarily true. I think we've finally got the message at youth level that physicality isn't everything and promoting technically gifted players very quickly. I think the best example for united would be angel gomes. I think Leko for west brom is the only one i've seen in a while who's just physically a monster.

Classical Mechanic

Anyone know much about them? I'm guessing they are all 6ft 2, 15 stone and can run the 100m in under 11 seconds.
They are definitely not a team of physical beasts. You will know that Gomes is the captain, is tiny and a very technical player. He is also rated as highly as is possible by some people as well.

Man City players made up four of the first eleven and they are calling this crop their 'golden generation'. They are trying to embrace a more technical style and see this crop as the fruition of what they gave been working towards in the academy since the Sheikh bought them. If you watched their U18s beat ours recently you would have seen them playing with a sweeper keeper and they at least try to emulate Spanish possession football. That said, Sancho is a stand out for them and he is quite physically developed for his age. Someone compared him to Martial on here as he has great ability on the ball, however.

The team went 16 - 1 in that tournament so they are very impressive. Let's hope that it is a new dawn.

Give @khoazany credit as he called some time ago that England have a bright future from what he knew about the junior levels.

superdry

touched by a genius
All technical skills must be horse whipped out of them, so they fit in with most other English players!
Or find out what we've done right and repeat it.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
U17 football is too far away from senior football to make any predictions. Just look at the team that won the U17 Euros in 2010:

You might recognize a lot of the names, but apart from Butland I don't think any of them will have a great career. Time will tell how it goes for the players who won the Euros in 2014:

They're good athletes, especially the defence, but overall the technical quality is of a higher standard than usual. It helps that, at U-16, they were excellently coached by Dan Micciche.

Gomes and Sancho have been mentioned, but there's some good to outstanding prospects in Medley (Chelsea), Guehi (Chelsea) Oakley-Boothe (Spurs), Kirby (Clubless, left Spurs), Foden (City), Sessegnon (Fulham), Poveda (Ciy) and Mceachran (Chelsea).

They played Brazil, USA and the Dutch in America end of last year. The full matches are all on youtube if anyone wants to see what the fuss is.

Reactions: Invictus