England v India 2021 Cricket Test Series

Agent Red

England have been conservative but I think it's been the right approach. It's a massive chase, it was never as easy as people were making out last night, and the collapse was (and is) more likely than the win so better to try and shore things up first and then see where you are half way through the afternoon session. Obviously going for it would be entertaining, but the collapse would have been quite a likely outcome and then most of us would be fuming.

Balljy

I think people are being a bit unfair on the tactics here. England's aim was always going to be to see out the morning with a max of 2 or maybe 3 wickets down. They will look to be a max of 3 or 4 wickets down at tea to even think about chasing the score down.

If they had gone for runs this morning we could be looking at losing the game and avoiding that was always going to be priority 1.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
A draw is a good result from here IMO.

Root goes and we will have Bairstow and Moeen trying to block ala Lords - and it will end the same way.

Balljy

A draw is a good result from here IMO.

Root goes and we will have Bairstow and Moeen trying to block ala Lords - and it will end the same way.
Agreed, but if we go into the evening only 3 down and Bairstow or Ali batting or next in we would be comfortable telling them to open up just to see how it goes. That's the stage you can treat it like a one day match.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Replay of Hameeds last decent knock that.

Bats at a good tempo the previous innings then ends up in a hole and bowled by Jadeja.

Sylar

Jadeja accuracy is brilliant

If India win were going to hear how correct kohli and India were
If it's a draw were going to hear how ashwin would have won this (which is probably true)

Reckon India not getting a wicket or two yesterday might be costly

Do India not have anybody else, like how England used root?

Sylar

oof, bumrah gets pope

Root being isolated here. Two wickets after lunch, new batsman in and 6 wickets needed now

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Can someone explain this outside leg rule? Holistically why does it matter where it pitches if it’s gonna hit the stumps? Am I missing something? (I know it’s the rule, just questioning why)

Sylar

Just outside. Looked like it was but I see why the review was taken as it was close

Agent Red

Root saved but still feels like it’s falling apart and England will collapse from here.

Day 5 is always tough for batting even on a pitch like this. I think England have got the tactics wrong but don’t have the skill/mentality to see it through.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
On the verge here England. Need to desperately scrap through this hour somehow.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Root has to survive. Excellent from India so far.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Another peach. This is only going one way now.

Sylar

India just need to target roots partners and put pressure on root to retain strike

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
England didnt lose the test match today, it was a huge ask from the position they were in.

Lost it on days 2/3.

Sylar

Can someone explain this outside leg rule? Holistically why does it matter where it pitches if it’s gonna hit the stumps? Am I missing something? (I know it’s the rule, just questioning why)
Think it's to discourage negative bowling in test cricket

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Garbage this, yes India have bowled well... but to go for something like 70-5 today, on this pitch, when you're actively trying to be conservative... abysmal.

Balljy

Think it's to discourage negative bowling in test cricket
I'm sure that's the reason. It's a massive disadvantage to spinners who can turn it 45 degrees though as LBW is basically not on the table.

Sylar

Ali done by jadeja
Wow

4 wickets and going into the tail end