England v India 2021 Cricket Test Series

Dan_F

Good catch, India been good in the field.

2 wickets left ..

Quiet boring session
I had it on my iPad next to the computer. Probably lucky the meeting was audio only, as I found it hard to talk when the wickets were tumbling.

Feel like I’ve seen this 100 times before, but it doesn’t make it any less annoying.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pujara and Rohit might be out for India next match. Both have been out injured since yesterday. Big blow that.

For England I think Moeen has to be dropped and Leach has to play.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Overton and Robinson don't like Asians. Might spur them on to deny India victory

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Pujara and Rohit might be out for India next match. Both have been out injured since yesterday. Big blow that.

I think it's just precautionary.

Sylar

That might save rahane

Agent Red

Nah he wouldn't. He'd need to get ahead of Woakes, Anderson, Robinson or when fit Archer.
And Stokes and Broad when fit. Seam bowling isn't England's problem, but we desperately need to improve our batting and find a proper spinner again. We haven't really had a top spinner since Swann.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
England messed up the first innings where they had perfect conditions to bat on and get a 200 run lead . Vice captain Moeen Ali with a horrendous shot was the game changer

KM

And Stokes and Broad when fit. Seam bowling isn't England's problem, but we desperately need to improve our batting and find a proper spinner again. We haven't really had a top spinner since Swann.
Leach quite good in India. Should be given a go. I don't get the Moeen Ali obsession in tests.

Agent Red

England messed up the first innings where they had perfect conditions to bat on and get a 200 run lead . Vice captain Moeen Ali with a horrendous shot was the game changer
Mo as VC is quite bizarre. I think normally it's Buttler who is obviously absent but I'm surprised Ali is next in the pecking order. I used to like Ali's sense of calm but in recent years it's seemed he's prone to moments of brain fade/just letting things go past him. When he's not batting well it's harder to ignore the fact he's an average spinner.

Agent Red

Does anyone else hate Nasser Husain as a commentator or is it just me?
I don't mind him but I find the Sky commentary a bit more 'laddy' than TMS with less warmth and fun. If I could have TMS audio in time with Sky visuals that would be ideal. I find Ian Ward a bit grating but can't really put my finger on why, he's not bad at the job.

croadyman

Safe to say London has not been good to England this summer as have now been blown away twice on day 5, really feel like other teams cope with adversity in test matches much better than we do. There is no doubt we have really missed Stokes this series and also the express pace of Jofra as well. Yes I know Woody is fit but understandably England are being careful with him due to needing plenty of overs in The Ashes.

AshRK

His team selection may be off but his on field captaincy in this innings as well as the lords test has been brilliant

Dan_F

Safe to say London has not been good to England this summer as have now been blown away twice on day 5, really feel like other teams cope with adversity in test matches much better than we do. There is no doubt we have really missed Stokes this series and also the express pace of either Jofra as well. Yes I know Woody is fit but understandably England are being careful with him due to needing plenty of overs in The Ashes.
I feel like it’s not just limited to cricket in that sense. See England in penalty shootouts.

zing

Zingle balls
The Indian commentary has become unbearably biased and unprofessional. Gavaskar especially.

Agent Red

Safe to say London has not been good to England this summer as have now been blown away twice on day 5, really feel like other teams cope with adversity in test matches much better than we do. There is no doubt we have really missed Stokes this series and also the express pace of Jofra as well. Yes I know Woody is fit but understandably England are being careful with him due to needing plenty of overs in The Ashes.
I did a day at each of Lords, Headingley and the Oval and the atmosphere at Headingley was by far the best. I don’t think it makes a mega difference and the reason for the London losses lie elsewhere, but it must give the team a bit of a lift and make it harder for the opposition when you have a crowd all over you.

zing

Zingle balls
Wood is average and England need to get over this ‘preparing for ashes’ mentality. At this point it’s almost like some sections of English media/fans hide behind that as an excuse

zing

Zingle balls
They always are. All commentators are biased but Indian commentators are the worst.
They’re always bad but maybe because this is an india centric broadcast, they seem even worse. Openly trashing the English players, very arrogant and unprofessional.

Balljy

Well deserved by India. Tore into England just as they were looking to increase the rate with great bowling.

KM

They’re always bad but maybe because this is an india centric broadcast, they seem even worse. Openly trashing the English players, very arrogant and unprofessional.
Only Gavaskar is I think. He's a bitter old man.

KM

Amazing win by us. To think we were 127/7

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
India are a significantly better side than England right now, probably could have won this series 4-1 were it not for rain and potentially Covid ruining Old Trafford.

Agent Red

I feel like it’s not just limited to cricket in that sense. See England in penalty shootouts.
Yeah. Some of the Olympic sports are the only ones where I think we’ve done well to maintain a winning mindset. All the others seem to struggle with the final bit of ruthlessness.

That said, it’s also true that this England side just isn’t that good and there’s a lack of batting talent at the moment. I don’t follow county so not sure what’s coming up through the ranks but feels a bit bleak at the moment. I’m actually surprised we’ve been as competitive as we have given some of the players we have out, but that’s the advantage of being at home as well. I fear we’ll be annihilated in the Ashes.

NK86

Joe Root does extremely well to remain calm in defeat and also when he wins. Brilliant player and seems a likeable guy as well. Must suck to be one of the best batsman in the world and play in this England batting unit which would not last 90 overs without him.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
India are a significantly better side than England right now, probably could have won this series 4-1 were it not for rain and potentially Covid ruining Old Trafford.
Yeah that’s why I think that England should have made proper green pitches and made it more of a lottery . Whenever the conditions are decent this Indian team is superior to England

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The Indian commentary has become unbearably biased and unprofessional. Gavaskar especially.
I’m just happy they kicked out Sanjay Manjrekar. He was the worst I’ve ever heard talk on tv. I would rather mute the game and watch it rather than listen to him for even 30 seconds.

LDUred

England's bowling in the second innings glaringly lacked pace and penetration - Overton was bowling around 78 mph at one point. You just couldn't see where a wicket was coming from and it didn't feel like they were the home side at the Oval, except for when the wicket was green in the first innings and conditions were favourable to the bowlers.

These are the kind of wickets they are going to be on when they tour Australia. They are going to get hammered if they go in with this kind of attack.

I know the batsmen fell in a heap today but they should never have been chasing 360 in the first place.

Nico87

We should try and do a deal that you only have to take half of Englands wickets but have to get Root twice, because if he doesn't get a century’s the match becomes a formality.

Dan_F

England's bowling in the second innings glaringly lacked pace and penetration - Overton was bowling around 78 mph at one point. You just couldn't see where a wicket was coming from and it didn't feel like they were the home side at the Oval, except for when the wicket was green in the first innings and conditions were favourable to the bowlers.

These are the kind of wickets they are going to be on when they tour Australia. They are going to get hammered if they go in with this kind of attack.

I know the batsmen fell in a heap today but they should never have been chasing 360 in the first place.
Just in the interest of balance, England were missing Wood and Archer, who are the two bowlers we have with real pace. Not to mention Broad and Stokes. Anderson and Robinson look done physically, not surprising seen as one is 39 and the other is playing his first summer of test cricket.

I’m not writing this for the purpose of making excuses, England have been outplayed mentally and on the pitch, but I’m not sure many teams would match India with four premium bowlers missing basically the whole series.

croadyman

Amazing win by us. To think we were 127/7
Just like Lord's when you turned around an unlikely win opportunity on the last day, like I said earlier you clearly cope better than us when there is not much happening and don't let your frustrations get the better of you out on the field like us and it shows