English cricket thread

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Didn't see any of it today. How on earth did Gabriel manage to bowl another 18 overs?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Random point but I've really enjoyed Carlos Brathwaite on the BBC. I assume he gets replaced for the Pakistan series. It'll be hard to find someone as good.

EDIT - And another... Renaming the trophy to 'Richards-Botham' strikes me as incredibly flattering of the latter and is only marginally less silly than if they'd gone for 'Lara-Flintoff'.

Last edited:

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Random point but I've really enjoyed Carlos Brathwaite on the BBC. I assume he gets replaced for the Pakistan series. It'll be hard to find someone as good.

EDIT - And another... Renaming the trophy to 'Richards-Botham' strikes me as incredibly flattering of the latter and is only marginally less silly than if they'd gone for 'Lara-Flintoff'.
:lol:

I found the case for naming it after Learie Constantine much more compelling.

Djemba-Djemba

Pope been heavily sedated this morning?

What the feck was that from him?

After looking great last night he was absolutely all over the show this morning. Could have gone 3 or 4 times before he actually did.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Hope Pope hasn't got the Joe Root gene of doing feck all after getting to the close of play unbeaten.

zing

Zingle balls
@NinjaFletch how is the football bubble different from the cricket? I was reading Pope’s interview today how it’s been harder to deal with low scores because he’s staying away from family and can’t switch off.

I’ve really enjoyed watching football back as it’s been on so regularly. I am wondering how it’s even tenable for the next season to go through if they have to stay with each other all through. Cricket is much easier to organise as it’s played in patches than a domestic season I would think.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ideal bowling conditions to be honest. If England pass 300 I think that'll be a good enough score. They'll get into the windies early.

NinjaFletch

@NinjaFletch how is the football bubble different from the cricket? I was reading Pope’s interview today how it’s been harder to deal with low scores because he’s staying away from family and can’t switch off.

I’ve really enjoyed watching football back as it’s been on so regularly. I am wondering how it’s even tenable for the next season to go through if they have to stay with each other all through. Cricket is much easier to organise as it’s played in patches than a domestic season I would think.
They're in hotels at the grounds, aren't allowed to leave, aren't allowed to see their families and friends or leave for any reason.

I'm pretty certain the footballers are just at home as normal and adhering to social distancing and being regularly tested.

Djemba-Djemba

Think Bess & Archer have enough about them to get passed 300. If England had to go with 5 bowlers then Sam Curran had to be included
Archer has looked a walking wicket every time he's gone out to bat for England.

I remember last year there was lots of talk about how good he was as a batsman but it's just not happened for him at international level.

He's a world class bowler , and that's the important thing of course but he's looked a number 11 to me.

Last edited:

paulscholes18

Archer has looked a walking wicket every time he's gone out to bat for England I think.

I remember last year there was lots of talk about how good he was as a batsman but it's just not happened for him at international level.

He's a world class bowler , and that's the important thing of course but he's looked a number 11 to me.
He has which is strange due to his FC average of 26. Unfortunately this collapse always looked like it was always going to happen

NinjaFletch

Cornwall is my favourite cricketer.

His slow amble back to his mark like it's all too much is so village.

Djemba-Djemba

Broad did something like this recently in South Africa.

Seems like he's regained a bit of confidence with the bat. Great to see

TheReligion

Abusive
England recovered very well here. 350 up after looking like they wouldn't make 300.

If the Windies don't step it up here Broad could push this towards 400.

TheReligion

Abusive
369 all out England

Think they'll be happy with that given the first hour. Slightly above average first innings score. Interesting to see how the Windies cope with Anderson, Broad, Archer and Woakes :drool:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Im not too knowledgeable on cricket players but I think this Cornwall fella is my hero. I cant wait to see him batting :lol:

dbs235

Pope been heavily sedated this morning?

What the feck was that from him?

After looking great last night he was absolutely all over the show this morning. Could have gone 3 or 4 times before he actually did.
He actually said yesterday that he was going to take a sleeping pill :lol: