English cricket thread

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Hope Pakistan bring on Shedab soon, leggies in tandem will mop England up in double quick time.

despite being an England fan in cricket, I feel like I’m rooting for Pakistan in this series. They are so absorbing and interesting to watch: a very likeable and talented team.

AshRK

Pakistan's game to lose now. Although with stokes still there anything can happen.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’d bring on either Abbas or Shadab with Yasir. Got the breakthrough, need to amp up the pressure before these 2 get set.

Wolverine

Considering I'm wrong about everything just asking questions now whether Stokes should bat in the swashbuckling Stokes way? Or patience the way forward?

croadyman

He’s not good enough to bat like Atherton, which is what was required of him.
Yeah too many times he either gets out just before a milestone or just after one. Maybe it's just me but can't recall seeing Root & Stokes bat well together in a test match but I am sure someone will put me right on that.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Considering I'm wrong about everything just asking questions now whether Stokes should bat in the swashbuckling Stokes way? Or patience the way forward?
Blocking everything and then wacking everything later worked in that match at Headingley, so I'm all for that.

DOTA

That's a 'it's Ben Stokes' review.

croadyman

Naseem giving Stokes some verbals then legs it, yeah mate that is a very smart move because you wouldn't stand a chance against him

ha_rooney

Yup. Wonder who called for that
Think it was the WK. I was about to say stop wasting reviews :lol:

Been really impressed with Rizwan this game. Kept very well.

zing

Zingle balls
I’m impressed they didn’t go for the review there just to not make Shaheen look silly.

Mcking

That's it done then. Once either Pope or Buttler falls, I expect the leggies to mop up the tail quickly.

DOTA

I'm all for enthusiasm but Pakistan's appealing is pushing it.
It does look bad when you do that and don't review but in fairness the wicket keeper didn't move. I think it was just the bowler getting himself and others excited.

EDIT - It's not like we haven't seen Broad do that countless times before the keeper says 'no, mate'.

Dan_F

I'm all for enthusiasm but Pakistan's appealing is pushing it.
I know. But then again, you probably not care if it wasn’t against your team.

They should probably just play some shots and at least try and put some pressure on.

ha_rooney

Get in!!

Shaheen’s bowled a great line around the wicket. Not much Pope could do there.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Despite some recent success, I don’t think no 4 suits Stokes. It seems to me that he knows how to bat 3 ways (pure defence, ODI or hit and thrash) but doesn’t have the ability to mix up the styles. To be fair, no one in world cricket does!
England should keep Stokes at 5.

croadyman

What have we had for lunch these last four days because quite clearly it is upsetting us completely

DOTA

Pope's had two horrible balls this match.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Despite some recent success, I don’t think no 4 suits Stokes. It seems to me that he knows how to bat 3 ways (pure defence, ODI or hit and thrash) but doesn’t have the ability to mix up the styles. To be fair, no one in world cricket does!
England should keep Stokes at 5.
Did you miss the test before this?

croadyman

Get in!!

Shaheen’s bowled a great line around the wicket. Not much Pope could do there.
No prizes for guessing who you are supporting, thank our useless selectors picking Buttler for that massive lead you got in the first innings, we should never have let Shan off the hook in that first innings and ultimately it has cost us the match and yet another first test defeat.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I did but Headingley '19 and the last test are the most perfect examples of mixing styles you can get.
Headingly is kind of my point: he batted 3 pre meditated and different ways across that innings, as opposed to playing all the balls on merit and mixing styles required.

DOTA

I did but Headingley '19 and the last test are the most perfect examples of mixing styles you can get.
I find it really sweet when posters in these threads are like 'I don't know that much about cricket so I could be wrong...' considering the stuff we put up with from sammsky.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I find it really sweet when posters in these threads are like 'I don't know that much about cricket so I could be wrong...' considering the stuff we put up with from sammsky.
Diddums. You know Jack shit about your own shit anyway.

ha_rooney

Buttler’s played some beautiful shots.

Pakistan can’t start thinking this game is done with.