English cricket thread

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Think England still very much in this.

or put another way, a massive opportunity for Bairstow Billings and Ali to pay back the faith shown in them. Woakes will be feeling confident too.

Just need to get it to 90 off last 10 and one key guy in.

slyadams

I’m not sure Moeen offers enough at the moment with bat or call to warrant his place.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good effort from Billings. Good game. Aussies did well to get the score they did.

Warne needs to stop laughing at his own “jokes”. It’s annoying.

Djemba-Djemba

Either Curran looks like a better option. Moeen might be done at international level.
Yeah I think you're right.

Maybe in T20 his last few innings have bought him more time but in terms of ODI he should be done.

His last 2 years in ODI cricket, his numbers are shocking

JohnnyKills

England blew that really. As they said on commentary, Archer bowling slower balls at 132-5 was ridiculous. That's not what he'd been brought on to do.

Great for Billings though.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
England blew that really. As they said on commentary, Archer bowling slower balls at 132-5 was ridiculous. That's not what he'd been brought on to do.

Great for Billings though.
Anderson was saying our bowlers went to their variations too quickly and it's hard to disagree.

MUM

Great listening to Broad with his tips and help for the youngsters.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Bairstow earns masses of credit for his T20i and last ODI innings this series as he is clearly out of form, as shown by his very brief innings today.

After his public desire to force himself into T20i team despite having no form, Root also under some pressure to post a decent score today.

Last edited:

Cloud7

Bairstow earns masses of credit for his T20i and last ODI innings as he is clearly out of form, as shown by his very brief innings today.

After his public desire to force himself into T20i team despite having no form, Root also under some pressure to post a decent score today.
Root rarely impresses me in the limited overs formats. Tons of batsmen I would have over him.

Stokes is a massive loss for England.

slyadams

Root rarely impresses me in the limited overs formats. Tons of batsmen I would have over him.

Stokes is a massive loss for England.
Root shouldn’t be in the T20 side for sure. In the 50 overs side he can play an important anchor role. With Roy, Bairstow, Morgan, Butler and Stokes around him he can play the neat and tidy run a ball innings whilst the others go a bit quicker and he prevents the collapse. In theory!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Root shouldn’t be in the T20 side for sure. In the 50 overs side he can play an important anchor role. With Roy, Bairstow, Morgan, Butler and Stokes around him he can play the neat and tidy run a ball innings whilst the others go a bit quicker and he prevents the collapse. In theory!
23 off 60 balls so far. Root eating up dot balls like he hasn’t eaten in days. Destroying any momentum for this innings.

paulscholes18

Root needs to hit out or get out otherwise he’s going to cost England any chance of winning this ODI. Morgan needs to eat humble pie and beg to Alex Hales to come back

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Root needs to hit out or get out otherwise he’s going to cost England any chance of winning this ODI. Morgan needs to eat humble pie and beg to Alex Hales to come back
Yeah. Root‘a very selfish approach to get himself into form has ended up massively increasing pressure on middle order, which is the exact opposite of his role in ODI team.

agree also that a no stokes squad was perfect opportunity to reintroduce Hales. But seems like the issue is deeply personal for Morgan.

or Malan who would have scored 100 had he faced the 73 balls Root ate up.

slyadams

23 off 60 balls so far. Root eating up dot balls like he hasn’t eaten in days. Destroying any momentum for this innings.
I don’t think you can blame Root for this. Bairstow gotta duck and at the time Morgan was as going along slowly too. It’s clearly a very hard pitch to bat on.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Will England even make 200? Can’t blame last two batting performances on the pitch.

seems to me like England batsman thought their form from last year would just carry on, without having to respect the opposition, playing according to the wicket or most importantly play themselves into some form. perhaps abit arrogant.

paulscholes18

Hazlewood has bowled 20 overs and has only gone for 53 runs, outstanding, Roy hit 12 off his 2nd over and bowled his other 9 for 1/15

MUM

With these figures out, it's all uphill.
Barstow 0
Buttler 3
Billings 8
Curran 1

MUM

Yes, great effort by Rashid and T. Curran, Aussie's will feel they slipped up there.