English cricket thread

JohnnyKills

Surely have to take Rashid off and give Archer a go. Need to get Finch out asap or this game's gone. He's mauling Rashid atm.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
now woakes and Archer are bowled out seam bowling department looks very ordinary without Wood.

both Currans are too samey. Even Plunkett or Willey would have been better!

NB: WOAKES!!!!!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
England have bowled out Archer. Brave decision
I agree: but Morgan has almost SAF like captaincy status right now. He is so experienced and knows his team so well, I’ll always assume he has made the best decision and of it ever fails, it’s because his players couldn’t execute his plan.

Skills

Snitch
Didn’t have much choice. it has very much paid off
Its why Stokes is so important to this team. You can't expect him to bowl 10, but you can definitely get him to get through 4-6 and hide someone who's having an off day.

dbs235

Was the right decision. Got out the danger men before they could settle.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
83 is a long way away when you only have the bowlers left to bat, esp with 4 more Rashid overs

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don’t think you can blame Root for this. Bairstow gotta duck and at the time Morgan was as going along slowly too. It’s clearly a very hard pitch to bat on.
Yeah. Looks like I was overly harsh on England batsman as this pitch is very hard to score on, let alone take risks, as the bounce is so inconsistent.

those runs from T.Curran and Rashid feel like they are now worth double.

arnie_ni

He should be bowling the other Curran here.

This curran has 4 overs should be bowling on the same side as rashid

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Hats off to the bowlers for making a match of this, with key runs from the tail at the end of the batting innings and some fine bowling now. Win or lose there are positives to take from this.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Morgan masterstroke bowling Archer and Woakes our by the looks
Not only that, but seems like dead pitch is perfect for Curran’s to bowl out the death overs.

master tactician. His captaincy is sometimes worth 30 or 40 runs. Best in world cricket by far.

even if Aus can bat out the overs, doubt they‘ll get enough runs now.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
master tactician. His captaincy is sometimes worth 30 or 40 runs. Best in world cricket by far.
recently even the games we’ve lost feel like we’ve been closer than we had any right to be. Purely our batsmen not posting up enough

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Seems Langer's a United fan. He's making notes with those pens which United send with membership packs.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Absolutely brilliant from England bowling unit, both in the field and their batting. Amazing wicket taking and run saving in last 25 overs. Very happy they demonstrated England is not just a batting team. Appropriate that Rashid took last wicket. They collectively deserve the MoM award.

But given it’s just one person for MoM, I think it’s Morgan for such brilliant and brave captaincy and his priceless 42 runs. He is key reason England are ODI world champions.

Very odd batting from Carey at end; not sure why he didn’t hog the strike while Zampa was in.

Nico87

Absolutely brilliant from England bowling unit, both in the field and their batting. Amazing wicket taking and run saving in last 25 overs. Very happy they demonstrated England is not just a batting team. Appropriate that Rashid took last wicket. They collectively deserve the MoM award.

But given it’s just one person for MoM, I think it’s Morgan for such brilliant and brave captaincy and his priceless 42 runs. He is key reason England are ODI world champions.

Very odd batting from Carey at end; not sure why he didn’t hog the strike while Zampa was in.
I’d go T Curran as he was part of that Key partnership that gave England an outside, and although he did take a wicket he was fantastic with the ball and gave Australia nothing. The more pressure the situation the better he seems to play. Although I agree Morgan is an immense leader and tactician, isn’t his no16 shirt a homage to Roy Keane?.

paulscholes18

Bringing in the Curran brothers looks a master stroke now, (yes Woakes and Archer done the damage) Tom very good with bat and ball, may not have taken any wickets but 28 runs off 10 overs take that any day of the week, and Sam helped to mop up the tail.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Bringing in the Curran brothers looks a master stroke now, (yes Woakes and Archer done the damage) Tom very good with bat and ball, may not have taken any wickets but 28 runs off 10 overs take that any day of the week, and Sam helped to mop up the tail.
whIch two do you pick from TCurran, SCurran and Wood for final game? I’m tempted to keep both Curran’s even though that’s very unfair on Wood.

JohnnyKills

We're eight down and you think we've still got batting to come. The Aussies are two down and you think they haven't got much left.

That's the difference atm. Australia have a great bowling lineup but they've probably got to replace one of those bowlers with an all-rounder to become the best ODI team in the world.

England must be delighted because of their six key ODI players - Roy, Morgan, Stokes, Buttler, Rashid and Archer - only one of them has had a standout series so far.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
3rd ODI team selection: I’d go with

Roy
Bairstow
Malan
Morgan
Billings
Buttler
Woakes
S.Curran
Rashid
Archer
Wood.

so swapping Root for Malan & TCurran for Wood

Last edited:

dbs235

We're eight down and you think we've still got batting to come. The Aussies are two down and you think they haven't got much left.

That's the difference atm. Australia have a great bowling lineup but they've probably got to replace one of those bowlers with an all-rounder to become the best ODI team in the world.

England must be delighted because of their six key ODI players - Roy, Morgan, Stokes, Buttler, Rashid and Archer - only one of them has had a standout series so far.
Could do with Roy finding his usual form on Wednesday. Buttler was class in the T20s so you can't say he's out of form but he needs to do better as well.