English cricket thread

LDUred

Potts gets another.

Touch of the Scottie Bolands about this fella.

LDUred

Fitting tribute to the great Shane Warne. Pure class from Lords.

phelans shorts

I must say, the added loss of Parkinson now does have me quite worried about the run of games coming up in the Blast for Lancashire. Now we’re down Buttler, Salt, Parkinson, Livingstone, Wood and Mahmood. That’s most of a very good team!

IRN-BRUno

Really unfortunate for Leach, poor guy has no luck at all. He's had a couple of concussions before and the last one a couple of years ago took him a while to get over so that could be him out for the summer.

Didn't have much choice other than to go with Parkinson because of the rules but hopefully he can take his opportunity and gets given a run of games.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I must say, the added loss of Parkinson now does have me quite worried about the run of games coming up in the Blast for Lancashire. Now we’re down Buttler, Salt, Parkinson, Livingstone, Wood and Mahmood. That’s most of a very good team!
Yep, we're fecked. Real shame as with a full squad we're the favourites I'd say

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Really unfortunate for Leach, poor guy has no luck at all. He's had a couple of concussions before and the last one a couple of years ago took him a while to get over so that could be him out for the summer.

Didn't have much choice other than to go with Parkinson because of the rules but hopefully he can take his opportunity and gets given a run of games.
Didn't realise that. Not good.

IRN-BRUno

Didn't realise that. Not good.
First one must have been 7-8 years ago I think, bit of a bizarre incident when he fainted at home and smashed his head on the sink. The other was from a Morne Morkel bouncer so you'd think they'll take extra care in making sure he's okay before returning.

zing

Zingle balls
Now you’ve got me racking my brain, Boyd Rankin?
This was 2017, there was only one player, and it wasn't Rankin.

I am not sure if Boyd Rankin qualifies now.

I *think* there is one more player who qualifies now.

Chris Rogers of Australia/Middlesex. I think that Murtagh guy might be one too now

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
This was 2017, there was only one player, and it wasn't Rankin.

I am not sure if Boyd Rankin qualifies now.

I *think* there is one more player who qualifies now.

Chris Rogers of Australia/Middlesex. I think that Murtagh guy might be one too now
Second player mentioned was my guess. He is now I think. Wouldn't have got the first.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Anyone on here want a ticket to the T20 at the Oval later? :lol:

Mates got fecking Covid and no-one else can make it this short notice.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
You're both wrong, it was none other than

Gordon Greenidge is the only player on boards in both the home and away dressing rooms, by virtue of scoring a century for MCC against the Rest of the World in the match celebrating the bicentenary of Lord's in 1987, even though this has never been classified as an official Test match.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Lord's honours boards - Wikipedia

phelans shorts

There’s a definite case to be made for England bowler being the most dangerous job in the world.

We’re that screwed that we have brought a tiny child on to do some fielding.

zing

Zingle balls
You're both wrong, it was none other than

Gordon Greenidge is the only player on boards in both the home and away dressing rooms, by virtue of scoring a century for MCC against the Rest of the World in the match celebrating the bicentenary of Lord's in 1987, even though this has never been classified as an official Test match.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Lord's honours boards - Wikipedia
that's interesting. The article seems to be about internationals. I definitely remember the tour guide saying it(and I can't remember if he pointed to it) because Middlesex are the home team, and I don't know if there's a separate one for them.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Some nice shots from Crawley.

Gonna ruin everything here but christ have NZ been shit so far today. England really need to keep punishing them as they'll surely get much better in this series and probably in this match.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Kiwis are probably undercooked to be honest. May get away with it due to weather looking ropey from the weekend onwards.

LDUred

There has been a fair bit in the pitch for the bowlers, but that England top six just screams 'collapse' with Pope and Bairstow in it.

'.

Djemba-Djemba

Legit cannot bat at this level.

Been an issue for years, unless it's an absolute road this lot struggle to make it past 150.

Dreadful.

bleedred

17 wickets on a day and not a word about the pitch???? hmm... of course its not in the subcontinent! Thats why!!!

LDUred

17 wickets on a day and not a word about the pitch???? hmm... of course its not in the subcontinent! Thats why!!!
Have you actually watched the test? Because there's not a great deal wrong with the pitch.

On the other hand, when there's huge puffs of dust on day one and Joe Root suddenly transforms into this amazing, wicket-taking spinner, people do rightly raise a few eyebrows.

bleedred

Have you actually watched the test? Because there's not a great deal wrong with the pitch.

On the other hand, when there's huge puffs of dust on day one and Joe Root suddenly transforms into this amazing, wicket-taking spinner, people do rightly raise a few eyebrows.
spin on day one- bad, swing on day one- good?. Ok. I get it

MUW4Eva

Remind me again why Stokes is captain?

He can't bat, and can't bowl.....soooo yeah....apart from that....Great captaincy material.....

Root needs to be dropped as well....
His form is appalling.

He needs to go back to county level and get some runs there.

17 runs between the pair of them, utterly hopeless.

zing

Zingle balls
Remind me again why Stokes is captain?

He can't bat, and can't bowl.....soooo yeah....apart from that....Great captaincy material.....

Root needs to be dropped as well....
His form is appalling.

He needs to go back to county level and get some runs there.

17 runs between the pair of them, utterly hopeless.
Not sure if serious

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Poor, substandard pitch. 17 wickets on first day. Shouldn’t be allowed to host test matches again IMO.