English cricket thread

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
:lol: chose to work instead of seeing us get hammered -- was painful watching yesterday
I couldn't resist sorry.

Really did not see us doing it in that style, with that ease - again.

Feel like we are witnessing something quite special.

Great test match. Indias casual batting yesterday was a pivotal moment.

Wilt

Can’t imagine Root batting better than this ….absolutely sublime

zing

Zingle balls
I couldn't resist sorry.

Really did not see us doing it in that style, with that ease - again.

Feel like we are witnessing something quite special.

Great test match. Indias casual batting yesterday was a pivotal moment.
Just too good that I am not able to understand it tbh

Does not feel like test cricket to win that easily

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
It’s incredible what a shift in mentality can do, interesting to see if other teams do it too, and what it means for declarations in tests

TheGame

Just too good that I am not able to understand it tbh

Does not feel like test cricket to win that easily
It's a mix of the opposition letting England back in and England then seizing those chances and not collapsing like they normally would have. I'm sure there will be more sterner tests but really pleased with the team in the last 4 matches and the improvements they have made.

prateik

Excellent from England.. Bairstow in the form of his life.. Root is just fantastic too.

croadyman

Best performance of the lot this summer and maybe a record chase could happen eventually

Last edited:

Fts 74

Incredible turnaround from the shambles in the Ashes and the windies.

Just shows the quality has always been there,a new approach new ideas has transformed them.

Here's hoping the same with Utd so many similarities new manager we have quality etc!!

Fts 74

Root is the best English batsman I've seen by a distance we should savour watching him.

Balljy

Incredible turnaround from the shambles in the Ashes and the windies.

Just shows the quality has always been there,a new approach new ideas has transformed them.

Here's hoping the same with Utd so many similarities new manager we have quality etc!!
These bowlers will still not work in Australia and the subcontinent though. We need to hope a few of the quicks come back from injury OK (and we somehow discover a proper spinner)

Fts 74

These bowlers will still not work in Australia and the subcontinent though. We need to hope a few of the quicks come back from injury OK (and we somehow discover a proper spinner)
Fair point shame Archer looks like his test career could be over just as it begun.
Our problem with producing quality spinners has always been there except the odd exception like swann.
I'm more optimistic with the fast bowling than I was 12 months ago Potts and Robinson(fitness seems to be an issue)both look good Olly Stone looks to be getting back to fitness too.

Mcking

Is this India pace attack much better than that of New Zealand, South Africa and Australia? They bowl faster than New Zealand, but are they much better?

India probably underestimated England, and lost this game in their second innings. England probably would have chased any total anyway, but India could have put up 450 in that innings if they didn't get carried away. Needed to bat England out of it on a pitch that wasn't doing much.

Fts 74

Is this India pace attack much better than that of New Zealand, South Africa and Australia? They bowl faster than New Zealand, but are they much better?

India probably underestimated England, and lost this game in their second innings. England probably would have chased any total anyway, but India could have put up 450 in that innings if they didn't get carried away. Needed to bat England out of it on a pitch that wasn't doing much.
Bumrah and Sami are high class bowlers,the back up Siraj and Thakur were very poor.

Mystified why they didn't use Ashwin in the series though.

TheGame

You always need line and length bowlers like Potts but the key will be to have out and out pacemen alongside and effective spinners.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
India had an easy series win if they didn’t run away last year
Or, if rain hadn't saved Englands asses on Day 5 of first Test.

No point debating about hypotheticals, got beaten fair and square.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Or, if rain hadn't saved Englands asses on Day 5 of first Test.

No point debating about hypotheticals, got beaten fair and square.
He's not wrong though. You can't control the weather but you can control whether or not you sack off the last test.

slyadams

If this is what a new coach and captain can do for a team's mentality and performance, United for the CL next year!

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He's not wrong though. You can't control the weather but you can control whether or not you sack off the last test.
I thought it was established that Indian camp had COVID outbreak in their camp with most of their support staff infected, hence no recovery between test days? Or are we running with our own narratives?

:devil:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
at least no one needs to debate whether the 80s windies were better than the 90s aussies any more. there’s a new cheese in town.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Big well done to England but from an Indian point of view an embarrassment. Pissed around in the second innings giving cheap wickets always almost as if they thought they had plenty in the bank already. Underestimated England and got shown up.

Skills

Snitch
It’s incredible what a shift in mentality can do, interesting to see if other teams do it too, and what it means for declarations in tests
India still haven't figured this out in limited overs cricket. There's no chance of them doing this in test cricket.

Indian batsmen play for centuries and averages, because that's what they get rewarded for

zing

Zingle balls
Big well done to England but from an Indian point of view an embarrassment. Pissed around in the second innings giving cheap wickets always almost as if they thought they had plenty in the bank already. Underestimated England and got shown up.
Pretty much

Skills

Snitch

They refused to even consider playing their best bowler in these conditions.

Bhuvneshwar Kumar is by far their best swing bowler.