English cricket thread

Dan_F

....and then you look up and find they've got 250 between them.

England need 450+ on this wicket.
Probably, but it feels like anything over 350 would be a bonus at this stage. Wickets are always frustrating but it feels like we’ve left so many runs out there.

slyadams

I curse everything when I post, but another 40 runs between these two and I think we're nearly back on par.

LDUred

Australia have had plenty of innings in the past where they've been 5 or 6 down and someone like Brad Haddin has come in and helped turned things around.

It's not luck; it's about mentality.

slyadams

Stop ittttt.

@Sassy Colin won’t be happy if you’ve jinxed this.
Haha, my previous inputs to this thread.

Shortly before lunch:
Important to get to lunch now just 2 down. 115/2 after a morning session feels like honours even.
About 30 second before Brook got dismissed:
England still probably 30 runs behind par for 3 wickets. If these two can stay together until tea we should be well ahead of things.

LDUred

And so it begins with the, 'let's whinge until the umpire gives us a new ball', tactics.

Skills

Snitch
What a nothing shot. If you're going to go down the ground, at least swing the fecking bat.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Ah feck, had Bairstow stayed until the end of the day, could have destroyed Australia

Dan_F

The only thing I’ll say is that they probably put 40 on since you made the post.

The timing of these wickets have been horrendous for England. Just as it feels pressure has been building on Australia they’ve got a wicket.

slyadams

The only thing I’ll say is that they probably put 40 on since you made the post.

The timing of these wickets have been horrendous for England. Just as it feels pressure has been building on Australia they’ve got a wicket.
Yeah, was way after in fairness.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Classic new England days play. Always impossible to evaluate the state of the match as we play it like nutters.

Dan_F

Love him but he's the least clutch player around. Can't expect much from him against the Aussies.
Depends if you think he’s feeling under pressure. The way Stokes has been talking, it’s been about taking pressure off players and allowing them to perform. Although I guess he’s not been part of the group for long.

Anyway. Let’s enjoy it while it lasts.

Skills

Snitch
Gotta admit, it's fun to watch though.
It's brilliant. Hopefully it'll be the end of shit like Pujara in test cricket too when everyone else latches on (India will be 10 years too late obviously).

Dan_F

It's just how we do it now. There's no point getting wound up by it. I've made my peace with it.
Oh yeah I’m with you.

This bunch of players wouldn’t have a hope in this series under Root’s leadership. It’s not meant as a slight on Root, but the positives are far outweighing any negative.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
We've yet to see what our bowlers can do, weather taking a turn in coming days so should get some swing.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
We've yet to see what our bowlers can do, weather taking a turn in coming days so should get some swing.
Kinell Nomey, I've not spoken to you in years fella (now when you don't remember who I am, I'll look a right mug)

If indeed it's the same RedNome

If not, equally I'll look a mug!!

Skills

Snitch
Stokes and Duckett the only let downs here. If they scored 30 each, England would have 400 already

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Kinell Nomey, I've not spoken to you in years fella (now when you don't remember who I am, I'll look a right mug)

If indeed it's the same RedNome

If not, equally I'll look a mug!!
Of course I remember you, long time bud, how's things?

Dan_F

Stokes and Duckett the only let downs here. If they scored 30 each, England would have 400 already
Stokes definitely. A wicket with the new ball is pretty much a given. That one before lunch is always a killer though.