English cricket thread

Kazi

Batting on too long because you want one guy to make his century and then the other guy getting out while he’s on 99* and it costing us the game might be the most English thing to ever happen

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Batting on too long because you want one guy to make his century and then the other guy getting out while he’s on 99* and it costing us the game might be the most English thing to ever happen
Bazball

Fully Fledged

The forecast for Sunday is what's worrying
I know, but today the pitch is too benign to get much out of it.
Easier to take wickets in the rain?
It's easier to take wickets in overcast conditions.
6 wickets (is that right?) Have fallen in half a day so far, so why not?
England have been known to give their wickets away.

If they take 4, or 5 wickets in the next 3 hours I'll admit that I was wrong.

Dan_F

Honerstly, some people in here valueing not having to chase 50 over giving yourself more time to take 10 wickets.
I don’t really see why people are having difficulty understanding it. Imagine how quickly those runs could be ticked off on Sunday with the Ashes on the line. 50 runs in maybe 6 overs if needed.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
this is why we didn’t declare when only 50 ahead, regardless of the weather. the pitch doesn’t have enough wickets in it.

Agent Red

Breakthrough! Was just typing that I’d love to see him rip through their stumps when that happened

Dan_F

Or you just score them now when you have a batsman who is already in and knows what the pitch is doing.
And take overs out the game for runs you don’t know if you need yet.
The point is England have predicted they won’t get time so are banking on one innings.
But they’ve reduced the time they have to take the 10 wickets. You keep saying they don’t have time for a second innings, but you can speed the run rate up to whatever target is needed. You can’t speed up wickets.

Anyway, I’m not going to mention it again. Let’s hope for dry weather and more wickets!