Enigma VS Downcast - NT Peak Draft

Who would win based on players rated for their listed tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enigma_87

You know who
Agree with Joga and Annah, have said most of what I would have. The ability on the ball of the likes of Breitner, Beckenbauer and Andrade combined with their versatility and willingness to be present in midfield will be really vital and I can't see many 'hard working' midfields coping with that, really. I agree with Enigma that he has more pure work rate and tenacity in there but that wouldn't tell the complete story on who will dominate the middle there as the quality on the ball from all areas goes in favour of downcast and in general both Hristo in 94 and Boniek in 82 would themselves be a lot happier in a ruthless counter attacking setup while not being the ideal choices in terms of getting swift combinations going in midfield. That is quite a big factor for me, the game otherwise is immensely tight as you would expect but I think I prefer Downcast tactically here and while Muller is obviously a bigger name than Fontaine for example but in terms of WC peaks there's hardly much between him and Fontaine. Similarly Kopa is right up there and there's that famous quote when Santiago Bernabeu asked his scout to bring him the best player from the 1958 World Cup and he got the reply that the player is already at the club!

In short, Makelele as I already mentioned is not someone I am fond of in that team especially given who is up against and while both of Enigma's wingers individually have great credentials, I find it tough to envisage their playing styles blending well with the 1970 Pele and the tactics he played in where wide players were expected more to contribute in attack and in terms of individual as well as team's offensive skill than being industrious, all action impact players like the two Eastern Europeans here. You normally associate Pele's playing culture with the likes of Garrincha and Jairzinho who are absolutely a different school of playing style than the likes of Zibi Boniek.
I think it's overstated a bit to be honest. Andrade and Breitner will be stretched while the in the center we will have a lot of players back saturating the space and leaving no space behind for DC forwards/midfielders. Our full backs IMO provide a better support going forward(especially Amoros who is the best on the pitch in that sense), while in the same time centrally we have Figueroa and Moore who can fend off DC attackers and are our last line of defence.

In terms of match ups I'd also give us the advantage as to me Makelele and Zito are comparable in terms of quality and whilst Kopa and Pele had great tournament peaks but simply Pele is the better player and could provide bigger impact. Same can be said about Muller and on top of that I'd say Figueroa/Schnellinger against Muller/Fontaine we have advantage there as well in terms of peak at CB.

Nitpicking a bit but Schnellinger in 1966 was a defensive left full back for both club and country. He played centrally in 1970 as a sweeper, so the combo in Figueroa/Moore in defensive sense I think is another advantage for our side.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I think it's overstated a bit to be honest. Andrade and Breitner will be stretched while the in the center we will have a lot of players back saturating the space and leaving no space behind for DC forwards/midfielders. Our full backs IMO provide a better support going forward(especially Amoros who is the best on the pitch in that sense), while in the same time centrally we have Figueroa and Moore who can fend off DC attackers and are our last line of defence.

In terms of match ups I'd also give us the advantage as to me Makelele and Zito are comparable in terms of quality and whilst Kopa and Pele had great tournament peaks but simply Pele is the better player and could provide bigger impact. Same can be said about Muller and on top of that I'd say Figueroa/Schnellinger against Muller/Fontaine we have advantage there as well in terms of peak at CB.

Nitpicking a bit but Schnellinger in 1966 was a defensive left full back for both club and country. He played centrally in 1970 as a sweeper, so the combo in Figueroa/Moore in defensive sense I think is another advantage for our side.
My write-up was updated since my last game but not my picture.

I know you haven't read my write-up but I've chosen Schnellinger 62 FYI

In the write-up, you could see

The defence

SCHNELLINGER 1962 - World-Class Robust Centre-back
World Cup Participation : 1958, 1962, 1966, 1970 (16 Games)
1966 FIFA World Cup Runner-Up +1970 FIFA World Cup Third Place
1962 FIFA World Cup All-Star Team + 1962 Bronze Ball European Footballer of The Year + 1962 German Footballer of The Year
3 Times European Defender of The Year (1962, 1963, 1964)

Karl-Heinz Schnellinger was the best defender in the World in the first half 1960s. He was a consistent world-class defender who mainly played as left-back in 4-4-2 system but he sometimes was used as sweeper for Germany which he was still rated in world-class in world cup 1970. He was noted for his superlatively positional play, tackling ability, physical power pace and his winning mentality. Moreover, Schnellinger also did offensively duty well especially his long passing. His best year was 1962 which was the only year he won 2 major individual awards. According to German Footballer of the year voting, He was German defender of the year only twice times. Schnellinger was voted in 5th, 11th and 12th Ballon'Dor between 1963 and 1965, respectively..

Enigma_87

You know who

Something like this. Stoichkov and Boniek will drop back, narrow the center. Beckenbauer will go forward but then Zito naturally will drop back being a spare man at the back, Andrade would not bomb forward nor naturally be that effective stretching the flank, while Breitner is more likely to cut in which will help us defend narrower in the center.

Which leaves us with plenty of bodies in the center and at the back, while having Moore as a spare man.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Not sure. I guess it depends how much credit you want to give him for the World cup winning impact in '54. Overall he was more consistent in '58 and more an established player while he had to find his place in the team in '54 and only really excelled from the quarterfinal onwards. I'd say it doesn't matter which one you pick.
Thanks. It was my intuition.

10 goals in 10 WC goals (54 and 58)

Rahn 54 was younger so potentially more useful in terms of work-rate.

The Ballon d'or didn't exist in 54 and I think Rahn would have won it! The man who stopped the Golden Hungary team

I don't play with players like Makélélé who are 33 years old :p

Enigma_87

You know who
My write-up was updated since my last game but not my picture.

I know you haven't read my write-up but I've chosen Schnellinger 62 FYI

In the write-up, you could see

The defence

SCHNELLINGER 1962 - World-Class Robust Centre-back
World Cup Participation : 1958, 1962, 1966, 1970 (16 Games)
1966 FIFA World Cup Runner-Up +1970 FIFA World Cup Third Place
1962 FIFA World Cup All-Star Team + 1962 Bronze Ball European Footballer of The Year + 1962 German Footballer of The Year
3 Times European Defender of The Year (1962, 1963, 1964)

Karl-Heinz Schnellinger was the best defender in the World in the first half 1960s. He was a consistent world-class defender who mainly played as left-back in 4-4-2 system but he sometimes was used as sweeper for Germany which he was still rated in world-class in world cup 1970. He was noted for his superlatively positional play, tackling ability, physical power pace and his winning mentality. Moreover, Schnellinger also did offensively duty well especially his long passing. His best year was 1962 which was the only year he won 2 major individual awards. According to German Footballer of the year voting, He was German defender of the year only twice times. Schnellinger was voted in 5th, 11th and 12th Ballon'Dor between 1963 and 1965, respectively..
Ah, makes sense :)

Still in 1962 he was again left back if my memory doesn't play tricks on me? He was a CB only in 1970 where he played as a sweeper?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

Something like this. Stoichkov and Boniek will drop back, narrow the center. Beckenbauer will go forward but then Zito naturally will drop back being a spare man at the back, Andrade would not bomb forward nor naturally be that effective stretching the flank, while Breitner is more likely to cut in which will help us defend narrower in the center.

Which leaves us with plenty of bodies in the center and at the back, while having Moore as a spare man.
Your picture is just a joke: Kopa #10, Zito central defender...

Enigma_87

You know who
Thanks. It was my intuition.

10 goals in 10 WC goals (54 and 58)

Rahn 54 was younger so potentially more useful in terms of work-rate.

The Ballon d'or didn't exist in 54 and I think Rahn would have won it! The man who stopped the Golden Hungary team

I don't play with players like Makélélé who are 33 years old :p
I don't get the constant digs at Makélélé being 33 years old, especially since he played some of his best football at the time and was absolutely crucial for both France and Chelsea. :confused:

Cafu was 32 in the 2002 did that harm his level ?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
A better picture would give something like that

Enigma_87

You know who
Your picture is just a joke: Kopa #10, Zito central defender...
Zito dropped back to defence being the spare man back when he played for Brazil. From your side Beckenbauer will likely push forward so he naturally drops back. Zito is not a player who will constantly push forward.

Kopa is central in your formation - it's a static representation of both sides moving forward/pulling back, of course depending on where the ball is players will occupy different zones.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I don't get the constant digs at Makélélé being 33 years old, especially since he played some of his best football at the time and was absolutely crucial for both France and Chelsea. :confused:

Cafu was 32 in the 2002 did that harm his level ?
What is the career peak of Makélélé in terms of physical impact? 2000-2003 I'd say

But let's move on

Enigma_87

You know who
What is the career peak of Makélélé in terms of physical impact? 2000-2003 I'd say

But let's move on
Kopa is hardly a physical specimen or can bully him. I won't question Makelele stamina or work rate even at 33 tbf. ;) Same can be said of players like Cafu for example.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Ah, makes sense :)

Still in 1962 he was again left back if my memory doesn't play tricks on me? He was a CB only in 1970 where he played as a sweeper?

Why do you think it's necessary to lie or invent new things?

Germany 62 FYI

WEST GERMANY 1962

WEST GERMANY 1962 WORLD CUP QUARTERFINALIST
Standing: Schulz, Seeler, Giesemann, Szymaniak and Schnellinger.
Bended: Brülls, Kraus, Nowak, Schäfer, Fahrian and Ehrhardt.

MANAGER: Josef "Sepp" HERBERGER

GOALKEEPERS:

1 Hans TILKOWSKI
21 Günter SAWITZKI
22 Wolfgang FAHRIAN

DEFENDERS:

2 Herbert ERHARDT
3 Karl-Heinz SCHNELLINGER
5 Leo WILDEN
12 Hans NOWAK
13 Jürgen KURBJUHN
14 Jürgen WERNER

MIDFIELDERS:

4 Willi SCHULZ
6 Horst SZYMANIAK
15 Willi GIESEMANN
16 Hans STURM
18 Günther HERRMANN

FORWARDS:

7 Willi KOSLOWSKI
8 Helmut HALLER
9 Uwe SEELER
10 Albert BRÜLLS
11 Hans SCHÄFER
17 Engelbert KRAUS
19 Heinz STREHL
20 Heinz VOLLMAR

2-3-5 FORMATIONS:

West Germany Vs Italy - Group Stage Game (31/05/1962)

GK FAHRIAN
CB NOWAK
CB SCHNELLINGER
DMF SCHULZ
DMF ERHARDT
DMF SZYMANIAK
RMF/RWF STURM
SS/AMF HALLER
SS/AMF SCHÄFER
LWF BRÜLLS
CF SEELER

Haller and Schäfer used to permutate constantly in this game

Captain: Hans Schäfer
Short Free Kick: Helmut Haller/Willi Schulz
Long Free Kick: Karl-Heinz Schnellinger/Willi Schulz
Free Kick 2: -
Left Corner: Albert Brülls
Right Corner: Hans Sturm/Helmut Haller
Penalty: Horst Szymaniak

Team Strategy

★Left Side Attack
★Right Side Attack
★Change Sides - Optional

West Germany Vs Switzerland - Group Stage Game (03/06/1962)

GK FAHRIAN
CB NOWAK
CB SCHNELLINGER
DMF SCHULZ
DMF ERHARDT
DMF SZYMANIAK
SS/AMF HALLER
SS/AMF SCHÄFER
RWF KOSLOWSKI
LWF BRÜLLS
CF SEELER

Captain: Hans Schäfer
Short Free Kick: Helmut Haller/Uwe Seeler/Albert Brülls/Hans Schäfer
Long Free Kick: Willi Schulz/Horst Szymaniak/Herbert Erhardt
Free Kick 2: Horst Szymaniak
Left Corner: Helmut Haller/Uwe Seeler
Right Corner: Albert Brülls/Willi Koslowski
Penalty: Horst Szymaniak

HOME KIT:

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
A better picture would give something like that

Makes no sense to have Beckenbauer and pin him back when you have the ball while Zito is near the center of the line. Should be other way around. If you use those instructions and keep Beckenbauer back it negates everything being said so far in terms of his contribution to midfield.

Also makes no sense our full backs to be pinned to the sideline where you have 2 forwards coming inside in Henry/Rahn. Both Maldini and Amoros would be defending narrow and reducing all that space above.

Figueroa will be taking care of Fontaine so he'll be marking him not give him yards of space.

Basically the difference between my screen and yours is Kopa slightly on the right, which is ok, but you've moved around my players giving yours acres of space. :lol:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Kopa is hardly a physical specimen or can bully him. I won't question Makelele stamina or work rate even at 33 tbf. ;) Same can be said of players like Cafu for example.
Makélélé has to manage 2 playmakers and a striker.

Didi isn't Vieira in other words.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I will come back later.

My only regret is to have offered a limited presentation of Rahn :(

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Makes no sense to have Beckenbauer and pin him back when you have the ball while Zito is near the center of the line. Should be other way around. If you use those instructions and keep Beckenbauer back it negates everything being said so far in terms of his contribution to midfield.

Also makes no sense our full backs to be pinned to the sideline where you have 2 forwards coming inside in Henry/Rahn. Both Maldini and Amoros would be defending narrow and reducing all that space above.

Figueroa will be taking care of Fontaine so he'll be marking him not give him yards of space.

Basically the difference between my screen and yours is Kopa slightly on the right, which is ok, but you've moved around my players giving yours acres of space. :lol:

I have smarter players :lol:

Annahnomoss

I will come back later.

My only regret is to have offered a limited presentation of Rahn :(
Swap in half time to 1958 and go with .gifs from there. Easy to make and if you lose he deserves to be highlighted!

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Hope new neutrals will participate in the discussions.

Enigma_87

You know who
@Downcast on Schnellinger - I didn't make firm statement or something I've just asked if he was a LB at the time if my memory serves me correct :)
Makélélé has to manage 2 playmakers and a striker.

Didi isn't Vieira in other words.
lol. No he doesn't. There are a lot of bodies in midfield, and Figueroa specifically is on Fontaine.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Swap in half time to 1958 and go with .gifs from there. Easy to make and if you lose he deserves to be highlighted!
Whatever the obvious outcome, Rahn would have deserved 3 or 4 streamable links.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Downcast on Schnellinger - I didn't make firm statement or something I've just asked if he was a LB at the time if my memory serves me correct :)

lol. No he doesn't. There are a lot of bodies in midfield, and Figueroa specifically is on Fontaine.
Fake news is part of your style of play ;)

Enigma_87

You know who
Getting into work mode myself so leaving a little piece on the legend Paolo Maldini no doubt is:

They say you can either be a master of one trade, or a jack of many, a dabbler in different arts who does not achieve true excellence in any. Paolo Maldini was that from that unique and rarefied breed of players who dabbled in many disciplines, and achieved mastery in them all. You simply cannot find a more complete defender than him. A ferocious tackler and the master of the perfectly-time sliding tackle, Maldini was also such an astute reader of the game that his positioning allowed him to go whole games without having to make a tackle, and yet he never looked out of place, not even when he retired at the age of 40. For a player who was naturally right-footed, and tried out for Milan on the right wing, before training himself to become two-footed and playing at left-back for 24 years to be described as anything other than a complete footballing specimen is unthinkable.

“His notable qualities were his physical strength and his running. Playing at full-back, he managed to make the left wing his own, and made everything look so easy in his own unique way.” — Filippo Galli

“When he got up the field, he didn’t just kick the ball anywhere, he crossed it perfectly to a team-mate. So he had this great talent, great balance, and great technique. As a result, he was the complete player.” — Alessandro Altobelli

“At international level, I think Paolo has been one of the all-time greats. [ . . . ] he’s known all over the world for his ability, his bravery, and the way he handles himself.” — Cesare Maldini

“The most gifted and hard-working player I’ve ever seen. He was an excellent all-round footballer with true leadership virtues and the rare ability to be reliable in defence and creative in attack.” — Andriy Shevchenko

“Maldini was the best and toughest defender I ever faced. He had everything: he was a complete defender, who was strong, intelligent, and an excellent man-marker.” — Zlatan Ibrahimovic

“I’ve played against Maldini a couple of times for England, including the 0-0 draw in Rome which saw us through to the 1998 World Cup, and he definitely lives up to his reputation. He’s good going forward, but more importantly a great defender. I’ve never seen him ripped apart by a winger.” — Teddy Sheringham

” [ . . . ] he simply never has a bad match. Very difficult to play against, a sublime passer and he’s scored a lot of goals too. Has an incredible physique and is the ultimate role-model. He’ll go down in the history books as perhaps the best left-back ever.” — Brian Laudrup

“Paolo Maldini was the best I’ve faced. He had pace and read the game so well.” — Paul Merson

“Just an incredibly cool customer. He was always very comfortable on the ball, like a good midfielder. [ . . . ] very rarely do you get a truly fine defender who can actually step out with the ball into midfield.” — John Barnes

“Paolo Maldini is the best I’ve played against.” — Ronaldo (Luis Nazario de Lima)
https://arjyomitra94.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/quotes-on-ronaldo-il-fenomeno-luis-nazario-de-lima/

“He was one of the best defenders in Champions League history, but what was so impressive about him is that when he was on the ball he didn’t look like a defender, but like an elegant midfield player.” - Ronaldinho

“(He had) too many skills. It is impossible not to be amazed by how he made it all look effortless, especially when you get to play with him.” — Ronaldinho

“Simply the best left-sided player I have ever played against or seen. The complete defender, Italy’s most capped player and captain, and he’s played in eight Champions League finals – which says it all, really.” — Les Ferdinand

“Position for position one of the greatest players ever[ . . . ] But unlike certain other great full-backs, he wasn’t world class when just defending or just attacking – he could do both better than most and is an excellent centre-back too.” — Ruud Gullit

“There’s never been a better left-back in the game’s history. Two-footed, and at his peak, brilliant going forward. The night Milan annihilated Barcelona in the 1994 Champions League Final, he played centre-half, as Franco Baresi and Alessandro Costacurta were both suspended, and looked like he’d played there all his life.” — Ronald Koeman

and some highlights from the WC final in 1994:

I bit long but worth a watch for someone who has a bit of time:

Last edited:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Very tough to seperate the teams here. All the players seem to fall within the spirit of the draft in terms of having had tournaments to match ther overall reputation. Enigma probably has a slight edge in overall player quality, but those German reinforcements combined with the Kopa/Fontaine connection perhaps gives Downcast the more immediately coherent playing style.

More thinking required on my part. before voting.

Annahnomoss

Very tough to seperate the teams here. All the players seem to fall within the spirit of the draft in terms of having had tournaments to match ther overall reputation. Enigma probably has a slight edge in overall player quality, but those German reinforcements combined with the Kopa/Fontaine connection perhaps gives Downcast the more immediately coherent playing style.

More thinking required on my part. before voting.
Yeah a surprising route to take but it was a home run. Suddenly more parts of the team really came alive apart from the Kopa/Fontaine angle. Now that suddenly looks at least as intriguing as Kopa/Fontaine thing. I was expecting him to pick up Platini and use him instead of Netzer just for the French themes sake but this was way better.

SirMattBugsby

What do you guys think about the wing with Henry vs Amoros and Breitner vs Boniek @Downcast , @Enigma_87 ? Battles on that wing should be key imo.

I've recently started posting in these draft threads and I don't know why more people don't ask about these fine details. The strong links are virtually a deadlock, it's the weak links that should matter more right?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Yeah a surprising route to take but it was a home run. Suddenly more parts of the team really came alive apart from the Kopa/Fontaine angle. Now that suddenly looks at least as intriguing as Kopa/Fontaine thing. I was expecting him to pick up Platini and use him instead of Netzer just for the French themes sake but this was way better.
I can only pick players I've never picked in the past in order to renew myself.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
What do you guys think about the wing with Henry vs Amoros and Breitner vs Boniek @Downcast , @Enigma_87 ? Battles on that wing should be key imo.

I've recently started posting in these draft threads and I don't know why more people don't ask about these fine details. The strong links are virtually a deadlock, it's the weak links that should matter more right?

Henry 2000 is unplayable

Enigma_87

You know who

I've added a bit more info on Boniek here mate:
Boniek at the WC

He had a great tournament and was one of the stars of the tournament in that Polish side.

Amoros basically was manning the flank by himself and crucial for the Caree Magique providing both width but also being excellent defensively.

He had a great game against Brazil in 86 and was voted the best right back of the tournament. One of my favorite players in fact and have picked him before in drafts. As for his credentials goes - he's undoubtedly one of the top RB's in the pool(even all time).

^^^ some highlights from that game.

Annahnomoss

A stronger counter attacking side would have got the best out of both Stoichkov and Boniek. Breitner roams far away from his left back role while in possession so for Germany it was up to Schwarzenbeck to cover and step out. Schnellinger was the type who could do a similar job being great both as a left back and centre back. There is definitely more threat coming from Boniek and Amoros than Henry, while Breitner will roam in to the midfield/overlap or make runs straight towards goal.

So it is hard to take it as a 2 vs 2 battle out wide in that regard.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

I haven't analysed Boniek with Poland in great detail so - unlike Enigma - I won't invent things like 'He was a defender, that is why, Poland failed to score a lot of goals' :)

All I know is he is pretty mobile and versatile.

I'm maybe biaised but I'm confident in the ability of Breitner to do the job and harass him everywhere on the pitch :devil:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I'm not fully convinced by the harmony of the offensive strategy of Enigma but it's just my view.

Enigma_87

You know who
I haven't analysed Boniek with Poland in great detail so - unlike Enigma - I won't invent things like 'He was a defender, that is why, Poland failed to score a lot of goals' :)
I didn't get that dig tbh. :confused: He scored 4 and assisted 3 while being top three in terms of end product in the tournament only behind Zico and Rossi.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

That's often the case though. A weak link in a sea of GOATs has been the downfall of many a great team. In reality many great teams have done a grand job of protecting their weaker links, so I don't think the 1v1 battles are as all decisive as we sometimes make them out to be. In a complete deadlock though, they do become increasingly important. As for Henry v Amoros, I agree with Enigma's testimony that Amoros was excellent going forward in 1986, very influential on the whole team and arguably doesn't get his dues in these drafts as much as he should. At the same time, Henry was really penetrative down that flank for the French in 2000, his acceleration was something else, and it's hard to think of many if any who would keep him subdued. I think they'd both be influential in this tie.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I've recently started posting in these draft threads and I don't know why more people don't ask about these fine details.
Most of the ground will be well trodden in matches like this one. Very familiar players, very familiar configurations, etc.

Good thing to have new people coming in to comment, as the old timers probably can't be arsed - which is understandable.

SirMattBugsby

A stronger counter attacking side would have got the best out of both Stoichkov and Boniek. Breitner roams far away from his left back role while in possession so for Germany it was up to Schwarzenbeck to cover and step out. Schnellinger was the type who could do a similar job being great both as a left back and centre back. There is definitely more threat coming from Boniek and Amoros than Henry, while Breitner will roam in to the midfield/overlap or make runs straight towards goal.

So it is hard to take it as a 2 vs 2 battle out wide in that regard.
In that case, Downcast's midfield is getting too congested. Too many cooks in my opinion, which usually suits a counter-attacking opponent. Am I seeing it right?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
BREAKING NEW: THE FINAL ALLIED OFFENSIVE

The game is over and I can't leave this draft without making a sub and admiring my new sub, the Ballon d'or 1967, the Weapon Florian Albert 66 :drool::drool::drool:

Date Of Birth : 15 September 1941
Nation : Hungary, Caps : 75 Games (32 Goals)
Position : Forward, Height : 181 cm
Major Club : Ferencvaros
World Cup Participation : 1962, 1966 (7 Games/4 Goals)
Professional Score Record : 256 Goals/ 351 Games
Club Honours : 4 Times Hungarian League
1 Time Hungarian Cup
1965 Inter Cities Fair Cup
Individual Achievement : 3 Times Hungarian League Top Scorer
1962 FIFA World Cup Golden Shoe
1964 UEFA Euro Team Best XI
1966 European Cup Top Scorer

1967 European Footballer of The Year

Florian Albert was the greatest Eastern European footballer during the late 1960s. He has been described as one of the most elegant footballers of all time. He succeeded from Ferenc Puskas as the iconic Hungarian footballer. Albert was a kind of combined player between marksmen and a creative forwarder according to his great finishing, ball controlling and vision to create assist. Although he was a top scorer in the 1962 FIFA World Cup tournament, He tied with other five players to win golden boot with just four goals and his most outstanding performance was achieved in World Cup 1966 despite he could not score even a goal but by the time his role was became a creator already but Hungary best reached just quarter-final round in both World Cup he played. Nevertheless, He helped Hungary reach semi-final round in Euro 1964 and 1972. Albert also finished 5th place in the 1966 Ballon'Dor.

@Annahnomoss

Kopa OUT
Florian Albert IN