Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Really like the look of him. I'll admit that's based on a small sample size. But for a player of his age its impressive how he has time on the ball and is able to take a second to scan things and decide what to do. It's quite Alonso/ Busquets/ Carrick esque even if he may not reach those levels. That tells me that aside form his long shot or creative passing he had that instinct of a playmaker.

And I've dying for us to sign a Cm playmaker for ages. Maybe we can't afford him and maybe the sample size is small. But I really like what I've seen. Hope we are interested and get him over Liverpool
Like you say, small sample size and too early ion his career to really tell….but he is certainly capable of reaching those levels I feel from what I have seen . Whether he truly excels in certain areas of his game like attributes of the players you mention to make him stand out….he looks very good at nearly all attributes to me, having such a complete set of skills really makes him stand out.

Almost an old fashioned central midfielder in that he doesn’t have to be labelled with the dm/am/number 6/number 8 type stuff I don’t really like in the modern game so much, he is simply a prospectively outstanding central midfielder all round defensively and offensively

Bojan Djordjic

Why is everyone raving about this lad? He's decent but haven't seen anything exceptional from him so far, like the look of Mac Allister a bit more to be fair but even he isn't worth 100 million.
He’s 21 and every team he plays for has gotten drastically better after he’s been added. WC aside, he’s putting up elite numbers in pretty much any area you want your midfielder to be good at (passing, scoring, assisting, tackling) while playing in the champions league. Exceptionally rare to see a 21 year old do that. Think he’s just one of those players that isn’t showy but like a Carrick or Busquets, it’ll take people a while to appreciate him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Saying he's average is literally having 0 football knowledge.
For sure he isn't average. But I really don't know what kind of player would he become. He has a shot in him, he is composed in tight spaces and has a good range of passing too. He does join the attack but has the energy to come back and defend.

It would be interesting to see how he develops. Hope our rivals don't get him.

sport2793

Is this guy like a Modric? Because that's the sort of player we need to replace Eriksen long term.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is this guy like a Modric? Because that's the sort of player we need to replace Eriksen long term.
While it would be great the ideal playmaking CM we also have to look at who is available. This chap does seem like someone who can be developed into a playmaker - more Carrick (slightly attacking version) than Modric

Mani

Incredible talent, wondering what our scouting where up too, we missed getting him on the decent transfer price when he was available, now he looks like Liverpool everywhere on it.

Mani

Wont be fair to compare him with Modric as they are not similar, more closer to FDJ who can control from deep mid, attack box when needed.

sport2793

Wont be fair to compare him with Modric as they are not similar, more closer to FDJ who can control from deep mid, attack box when needed.
Think he's worth looking at more than an FDJ at this point, think FDJ is a bit overrated honestly and can't get a game at Barcelona with the great Pedri coming onto the scene.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We should have just went for Bellingham
Haaland Caciedo Enzo and Alvarez when they were going for a combined pittance. As per over the last few years we’ve slept on great deals and took on players on huge deals with limited upside compared to the cost and wages.
You can say the same for any other clubs than the ones they went too

bellingham turned us down, unless you’re referring to pick him up before Birmingham..

caciedo you have a point, we could have got him for less than 10m. I think there was a question mark over his ownership/too many parties involved which we shied away from

Haaland should have gotten at 16 when one recommended

enzo, it’s very unusual for English clubs to buy direct from South America. Usually they go to Portugal first. We need to get a better network there, and trust the scout work

Alvarez, city had him wrapped up early. Fair play. They also had the advantage at the time where Aguero had made himself a legend, I’d wager Alvarez looked up to him

Houdini

He would be perfect for us and take us to another lever for long time.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool

bellingham turned us down, unless you’re referring to pick him up before Birmingham..

caciedo you have a point, we could have got him for less than 10m. I think there was a question mark over his ownership/too many parties involved which we shied away from

enzo, it’s very unusual for English clubs to buy direct from South America. Usually they go to Portugal first. We need to get a better network there, and trust the scout work

Alvarez, city had him wrapped up early. Fair play. They also had the advantage at the time where Aguero had made himself a legend, I’d wager Alvarez looked up to him
They do seem to be the only club that can manage to sign players directly from South America

jesperjaap

While it would be great the ideal playmaking CM we also have to look at who is available. This chap does seem like someone who can be developed into a playmaker - more Carrick (slightly attacking version) than Modric
The times I have seen him for Benfica he has been play making. This is why I like him so much, he is an all round midfielder. What has impressed me with him in this world cup is how he has come in an dplayed with maturity wanting the ball deep, doing the simple things and good positioning, slottin gin seamlessly at just 21 like Henderson a seasoned pro has for ENgland.

Think he has a great range of attributes. I am atually looking forward to seeing how he does defensively and taking the ball deep offensively against Griezmann in the final as he should b eunder much more pressure both ways

croadyman

Yeah should have never let Haaland out of our grasp when he was at Molde

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Is he a ball carrier? Sure he can pass, defend and has good mobility but one element I think we lack in the middle is a player that can do these as well as beat a man. I haven't seen anything to suggest he can do that once or twice a game.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is he a ball carrier? Sure he can pass, defend and has good mobility but one element I think we lack in the middle is a player that can do these as well as beat a man. I haven't seen anything to suggest he can do that once or twice a game.
He's not a ball carrier from what I've seen, and imo having a ball carrier in a central role without sacrificing the ability to create and dictate in midfield would possibly suit us better in the EPL. I think looking at the composition of our midfield with Bruno as the final third player and Eriksen - Casemiro deeper, it does look like that we would be best served by looking for someone who can play deeper but has the ability to unlock the door via passing between the lines as well as breaking the lines via carrying/dribbling the ball.

Hannibal Mejbri has the ability to be that player, potentially imo, but there would be teething problems. I think Hannibal would also better balance a midfield 3, if we signed Enzo Fernandez due to his strengths and potential ability to occupy the defensive, middle and attacking thirds.

Ekeke

Part of the Argentina midfield dominating the world cup final at 21 :eek:

Reminds me of another Argentine midfielder I was a big fan of, at times

amolbhatia50k

Sign him. Do whatever it takes. Would hate to see him at Liverpool

IFC 1905

I'm so pissed of with his yellow card. I don't think it deserved a booking.

But Sexo Fernandez, my god you play football. Both in defense and attack.

amolbhatia50k

I'm so pissed of with his yellow card. I don't think it deserved a booking.

But Sexo Fernandez, my god you play football. Both in defense and attack.
It was probably an accumulation. Argentina can't keep hurling themselves into everything.

But he's been so good. We have to go for him

Vapor trail

€18m he went for in summer. With a 5 year contract he'll cost a bomb in summer
You can throw Caicedo into the same conversation, was "closely followed" with nothing to show for it.

The rejuvenation of the scouting department need to prove themselves over the next few seasons because there's no excuse.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We should pay the clause immediately, but I'd imagine the competition will be tight.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I was finally impressed with his game. Miles better than what I saw in that Croatia game. Worked hard, was composed and was better than what any French midfielder put out there today.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just pay it, he’s worth it. Him over De Jong, it’s a no brainier. It’ll be gutting if he ended up at Liverpool.
Yeah I feel while we have Bruno and Eriksen and all action box to box midfielder will compliment our 3 more than FDJ. Feel FDJ would work better in place of our 2 number 10's even if he'd play deeper than them (well Bruno at least)

hobbers

Gotta be up there with Bellingham and Caicedo as the hottest midfield prospects in the world.

We have to sign one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.