Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

The chance was in the summer, he's not moving for anything less than 70M.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
If we could offload Fred and bring this lad in .........

Not gona happen after that coming of age world cup but still :(

jesperjaap

Tipped him to be the break out star of the tournament and told mate to put him in his dream team, Damsgard didnt work out so well.

Disagree with people saying we have no chance of signing him though.

Are the big Spanish two going in for him with the young midfielders they have, Italians maybe cant afford him. Wouldnt be surprised to see PSG make a move for there 100th midfielder that looks good in world football, but bar them, English teams are our only ompeition and dont see City going for him. Chelsea and Liverpool maybe....then there is |Rie and Bellingham, jsut hope he doesnt go to Liverpool.

We have a strong SOuth AMerican contingent, not even being biased, I think we are the best move for him personally

José Mateus

Supports
Benfica
WC best young player award

Oh well... I hope he can finish the season with us. We have very good chances of winning the league and advancing to the CL quarter-finals

Sparky Rhiwabon

We haven’t got two pennies to rub together until we’re taken over or get some sort of investment

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Lord I would prefer him to Rice … but I think they are fixated at this point.

We would be coming in late as well. Apparently Pool and some others have already been putting in the legwork.

Nick.

We should be targeting this player feck de Jong. Let Liverpool have Bellingham too I want Enzo.

Jericholyte2

So this guy and caicedo could’ve been ours for decent prices and a bedrock of our midfield for a decade… of course we screw it up
Would have been €20m for the pair. But hindsight is always 20/20.

We should, however, be far more willing to gamble on this profile of player.

Black Alabaster

Would have been €20m for the pair. But hindsight is always 20/20.

We should, however, be far more willing to gamble on this profile of player.
It's not really even 20/20 thing though both were slamdunks that most eagle-eyed observers- let alone professional football club employees, could see were pulling up trees and worth a few bob gamble at the pittance they were priced at.

Suprised Jose Mayorga agrees to continue working for us with the amount of south american talent he points out yet we never bother pulling the trigger on. Pellestri was a Forlan suggestion supposedly.

Mayorga is one of the top men in our scouting structure now though so I presume we might be more on the ball for future south americans - would would hope..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Part of the Argentina midfield dominating the world cup final at 21 :eek:

Reminds me of another Argentine midfielder I was a big fan of, at times
Banega? Even if he levels out to that level he’ll still have a very good career

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
With his ultra bright fake teeth, he'd settle in well with Klopp and Firmino
Was thinking the same tonight. He’s so young, why did he need to do that to his teeth so early?! :lol:

10 tackles today. Closest to him was Kounde with 4. Also had more touches and passes than any player on the pitch by a good margin.

He's so good.

Imagine a dream world where we finish Top 4, get taken over and throw out £200m on Enzo and Bellingham. :drool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
10 tackles today. Closest to him was Kounde with 4. Also had more touches and passes than any player on the pitch by a good margin.

He's so good.

Imagine a dream world where we finish Top 4, get taken over and throw out £200m on Enzo and Bellingham. :drool:
Sounds more like a Liverpool reality unfortunately

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's not really even 20/20 thing though both were slamdunks that most eagle-eyed observers- let alone professional football club employees, could see were pulling up trees and worth a few bob gamble at the pittance they were priced at.

Suprised Jose Mayorga agrees to continue working for us with the amount of south american talent he points out yet we never bother pulling the trigger on. Pellestri was a Forlan suggestion supposedly.

Mayorga is one of the top men in our scouting structure now though so I presume we might be more on the ball for future south americans - would would hope..
From what I've read, it was Jim Lawlor who constantly thwarted Mayorga's suggestions from South America. Mayorga was the head of South American scouting but couldn't get his suggestions/recommendations past the chief of scouting, Jim Lawlor. And when he finally got one to stick with Caicedo and the scouting hierarchy agreed, the deal was apparently too complicated for Woodward and Judge to complete.

The scouting structure put in place by John Murtough is among the very best as far as personnel is concerned, according to the guys at the transfer ground guru who have gone on record and said it's one of the most impressive line up of scouts they've ever seen.

But the issue was that the scouts that Murtough brought to the club for the first team, were reporting directly to Lawlor and Bout who were heading the scouting department at first team level. And Murtough structured his own scouting at the development level as the head of development, which was being led by David Harrison who Murtough, had poached from Man City.

So Murtough has fired both heads of scouting and replaced them with Jose Mayorga and Simon Wells, since he was given the authority to make changes and restructure the scouting department at the very top of the chain. So now we have to wait and see how things develop.

And at any well run club, talent identification is always done by the scouting department and not the DoF.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Him or McAllister is a must buy. I don't fecking know how but do not let our rivals get them

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Same for Liverpool then?
It is a very good question. People are expecting Liverpool to follow through with plans they had been working on previously… but they don’t even know who their bidders will be.

You have kind of cucked them, because they went full “we are for sale” and now they must deal with the reality that most major bidders will wait to see how United play out before they go in seriously for Liverpool. They could be in limbo for longer than people realize.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Him or McAllister is a must buy. I don't fecking know how but do not let our rivals get them
This guy looks so much better than MacAllIister, I’d say. MacAllister was a wonderful foil in the team, this guy ran the midfield. Every team would benefit from having him.

Boondog

If I was him there's no way I'd sign with Liverpool. Priorities would be Madrid > City. After those two it comes down to manager and projection and Bellingham is the belle of the ball.

So we're a longshot for sure but I wouldn't rule us out. I'd rather sign with us than Liverpool, I think we're going places under ten Hag.

Ekeke

Banega? Even if he levels out to that level he’ll still have a very good career
I meant that sometimes he reminds me of Banega with the bits of flair and skill taking on a player. Banega wasnt playing well and winning a world cup final at 21. And he had some problems off the pitch that theres no reason to think Enzo will

ky_op

Enzo started his season in January.. so he already has more than 65 games this season. He is not even at 100% right now.
Definitely special player.

Black Alabaster

From what I've read, it was Jim Lawlor who constantly thwarted Mayorga's suggestions from South America. Mayorga was the head of South American scouting but couldn't get his suggestions/recommendations past the chief of scouting, Jim Lawlor. And when he finally got one to stick with Caicedo and the scouting hierarchy agreed, the deal was apparently too complicated for Woodward and Judge to complete.

The scouting structure put in place by John Murtough is among the very best as far as personnel is concerned, according to the guys at the transfer ground guru who have gone on record and said it's one of the most impressive line up of scouts they've ever seen.

But the issue was that the scouts that Murtough brought to the club for the first team, were reporting directly to Lawlor and Bout who were heading the scouting department at first team level. And Murtough structured his own scouting at the development level as the head of development, which was being led by David Harrison who Murtough, had poached from Man City.

So Murtough has fired both heads of scouting and replaced them with Jose Mayorga and Simon Wells, since he was given the authority to make changes and restructure the scouting department at the very top of the chain. So now we have to wait and see how things develop.

And at any well run club, talent identification is always done by the scouting department and not the DoF.
Wow, interesting info regarding our scouting line up, also doesn't suprise me to hear the old guard in Lawlor "knowing best". I was hopeful about Marcel Bout though as he came with decent pedigree and reputation during LVG's tenure. Suprised he didn't do much of note but hung around for nearly 10 years. I wonder of Mick Court is pulling his weight there he has been around for donkeys years during our malaise too hasn't he.

Is that the same Simon Wells of Solskjaer personal scout fame? I don't know much of his work to be honest but can't recall a player he's flagged and we've signed, not even from scandinavian market bar Hansen-Aoren that was a YT signing, so I wonder what qualified him for such a lofty seat at the table.

Mayorga being lofted into greater power though is heartening, it's about time we stopped being frightened of the south american market. The only thing that still troubles me is our negotiators, Judge of course made a horses arse of the caicedo deal but this new fella Tom Keane apparently only really brokered his brothers deals before doing our last summers stuff. Feel we might still be a bit green there but at least there is movement in a direction, that's the brightest signal.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Wow, interesting info regarding our scouting line up, also doesn't suprise me to hear the old guard in Lawlor "knowing best". I was hopeful about Marcel Bout though as he came with decent pedigree and reputation during LVG's tenure. Suprised he didn't do much of note but hung around for nearly 10 years. I wonder of Mick Court is pulling his weight there he has been around for donkeys years during our malaise too hasn't he.

Is that the same Simon Wells of Solskjaer personal scout fame? I don't know much of his work to be honest but can't recall a player he's flagged and we've signed, not even from scandinavian market bar Hansen-Aoren that was a YT signing, so I wonder what qualified him for such a lofty seat at the table.

Mayorga being lofted into greater power though is heartening, it's about time we stopped being frightened of the south american market. The only thing that still troubles me is our negotiators, Judge of course made a horses arse of the caicedo deal but this new fella Tom Keane apparently only really brokered his brothers deals before doing our last summers stuff. Feel we might still be a bit green there but at least there is movement in a direction, that's the brightest signal.
Mick Court is the technical Chief scout and he leads a team of 4 video analysts. And he only comes into play after the scouting department compile their lists for the season, and Court then gets involved by running the rule over the transfer targets by applying his methods via scrutinising said transfer target's 'player movement' via video analysis.

Simon Wells was the scout that Ole was working with according to reports. But I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because it seems Mike Phelan may have been a little too influential in the decision making process when it came to signing players.

Tom Keane is part of the negotiating team in some capacity but there isn't enough information yet on how the club will go about negotiating deals now that Matt Judge has left his role. And Judge only left at the back-end of the summer window of 2022.

There's no excuses to be green at any aspect anymore. They have to deliver and be more decisive in the transfer market. The only worry is the Glazers who reportedly slow things down due to being very hands on. And hopefully we can see the back of them, come the summer window of 2023.

SAF is the GOAT

Just wondered to myself if Mayorga was the one who brought Alejandro and Alavro to united ?

Any suggestions what was so complicated for woodward and Judge in this deal with Caicedo ? Especially when Brighton completed it fairly quick.

Also - do you think that we can do these types of cheap but with potential acquisitions when we all know our current financial situation (that sadly isn't going to change dramatically in the near future) ?

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a future world class midfielder. Hyped before the world Cup as he was breaking out. But absolutely bossed this world cup and the final. Has it all, brilliant technically, press resistant, very good passer and knows where to move, but aggressive off the ball and defensively. Imagine him next to Casemiro :drool:

New dream midfield signing ahead of Frenkie. Well maybe tied with Frenkie. Frenkie better on the ball, Enzo better and more aggressive off it, so it balances.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Just wondered to myself if Mayorga was the one who brought Alejandro and Alavro to united ?

Any suggestions what was so complicated for woodward and Judge in this deal with Caicedo ? Especially when Brighton completed it fairly quick.

Also - do you think that we can do these types of cheap but with potential acquisitions when we all know our current financial situation (that sadly isn't going to change dramatically in the near future) ?
Garnacho, Alvaro and Hannibal etc were identified by the youth scouts at the club who work independently from the first team from what I've learnt. And at the head of the scouting pyramid at youth level is David Harrison who oversees it all in a head of youth recruitment role. And he used to report to John Murtough who got the deals done for the likes of Hannibal, Garnacho, Alvaro etc. Murtough was the head of football at youth level whilst the setup at first team level was led by the various managers post Fergie. Jose Mayorga from what I know was a first team scout in Argentina before he was tasked with heading the scouting in South America.

The deal for Caicedo was complicated due to 3rd party ownership according to reports. But Brighton had experience with some of those involved in the deal due to their past dealings with bringing players over from South America, and hence managed to sign the player.

Our issue isn't the scouting personnel but rather the decision makers at the top of the chain who need to back the scouts. And I don't see why we can't identify value signings if there's budgetary constraints. And it's not the likes of Rangnick or Murtough who identify potential new recruits as DoFs, but rather it's the heads of scouting who head the scouting department who will draw up the lists and names which enable the likes of Rangnick/Murtough to function in their role, as the heads of football.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Why we dont buy these kind of players when we even have them on our watch list is beyond me. Especially in a department where we needed new players

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If we don't go all in for him were utter fools. He has everything we need from a young star in midfield. Letting him go to Liverpool without a fight would be a big mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.