Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Interesting...I wonder where the info about the €127m fee was coming from, then...There's a chance that this fee may have included the agent + signing-on fees.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Don’t get why he’d wanna rush and leave for them anyway. There shite. They won’t be playing in the CL next season. He may aswell hold out and wait for a better offer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Note: the €127m fee was originally broken by Gianluca di Marzio and then corroborated by Pedro Sepúlveda (both Tier 1). César Luis Merlo (Tier 2) mentioned the €127m as well, whilst Gastón Edul (Tier 2) mentioned Benfica getting €120m.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Note: Nathan Gissing was the only one pushing this back in December 30 whilst everyone else was fixated on the €127m amount

BorisManUtd

I understand his wish to join a club like Chelsea but why such a need to rush from his side? He basically joined Benfica in July, they're 1st in Portuguese league and have a good chance to reach next round of Champions League as well as they play Brugge in round of 16. Why not wait until summer?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I understand his wish to join a club like Chelsea but why such a need to rush from his side? He basically joined Benfica in July, they're 1st in Portuguese league and have a good chance to reach next round of Champions League as well as they play Brugge in round of 16. Why not wait until summer?
$$$

Mainoldo

Chelsea just wasting people’s time again.

I get it best time to take advantage but why would they sell for the same price they will be requesting in the summer :lol:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
So we have the option to go either for him or frenkie and it's always good to have options.

Let's see whether his stick rises even more if they happen to perform well in cl or if not.

Either way I think he'll cost around 80€ million ve summer.

Red Star One

His stock is at his highest following an excellent performance and winning the World Cup. He can demand unreal wages and there’s not many class players in his position at the moment.

Nick7

I thought the entire sticking point was the structure of the deal. Chelsea want to pay above the release clause amount to get out of paying the entire fee up front. From what I’ve read Benfica are happy to accept such a structure but only if a huge chunk of the deal is paid up front. Enzo himself has supposedly told Benfica he wants to move to Chelsea now. If both sides are happy with the amount and the player wants Chelsea, then it seems unlikely that Chelsea will walk away because the structure of the deal isn’t exactly as they want it.
Oh maybe I read it wrong. I just thought I read a tweet that Chelsea changed terms after informal talks over the weekend. Might have just misunderstood what it was saying.

Nick7

I mean, what happens if he breaks his leg next week? Or tears and ACL, or snaps his achilles. He can get his big money move now, sign a bonkers long contract with Chelsea and be sorted.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Great news!

I hope we are in for him or Frenkie in the summer. We need more quality in the middle.

ForeverRed1

It’s simple, he’s available at a price. Whoever pays it gets him.

People saying get him In the summer.. does he come here once every top club in Europe goes for him? It’s not impossible but it’s difficult.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
85m :lol: why would Benfica sell him now for that money.

Chelsea is really playing FM. This is exactly how I used to play that game

IFC 1905

It’s simple, he’s available at a price. Whoever pays it gets him.

People saying get him In the summer.. does he come here once every top club in Europe goes for him? It’s not impossible but it’s difficult.

It will depend on how United finishes in PL.

Well, I think it's good for Enzo not joining Chelsea, he will end up at a big club anyways.

The only sad people here are river plate fans :lol:

ForeverRed1

Well, I think it's good for Enzo not joining Chelsea, he will end up at a big club anyways.

This is true however you will get the likes of city, Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, liverpool etc in the mix.

if only we had the resources we could just get the business done and get him in ready for the Barca games.

mav_9me

Matter of time before they get their money.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea trying to be the new Saga FC.
Haven’t we always been? This idea that we get our transfers sorted quickly is something only United fans on this forum have been saying but was never actually rooted in reality.

Judas

Open to offers
Haven’t we always been? This idea that we get our transfers sorted quickly is something only United fans on this forum have been saying but was never actually rooted in reality.
Oh I agree, every club has long winded transfer sagas if you invest hours into every scrap of news. Chelsea are as guilty as us, if not worse, it's just not as big news half the time.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Oh maybe I read it wrong. I just thought I read a tweet that Chelsea changed terms after informal talks over the weekend. Might have just misunderstood what it was saying.
Could be to be honest mate. It’s entirely possible I missed that bit of info. I haven’t followed this transfer that closely. I can’t stand these hourly/daily updates that never contain any new information, just the previous update worded slightly differently.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Oh I agree, every club has long winded transfer sagas if you invest hours into every scrap of news. Chelsea are as guilty as us, if not worse, it's just not as big news half the time.
Yeah true.

IFC 1905

Matter of time before they get their money.
Yeah but I don't think he will leave for the release clause in the summer, therefore they won't get the money. And besides that, with the economy as fecked up as it is, they better have it now than in 6 months.

Nick7

Could be to be honest mate. It’s entirely possible I missed that bit of info. I haven’t followed this transfer that closely. I can’t stand these hourly/daily updates that never contain any new information, just the previous update worded slightly differently.
Seems like every tweet contradicts the last. Very odd stuff altogether.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Seems like every tweet contradicts the last. Very odd stuff altogether.
Yeah I mean Di Marzio was saying last night it’s close to a done deal at £105m. Today others are saying the deal collapsed and Romano is saying Chelsea never even offered anything close to £105m. Easier to just tune it all out and see where the cards fall.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
so if Chelsea did pay the release clause, this would massively screw their spending because of FFP correct?

They want/need to spread the money over several years, as it’ll take a huge chunk of their budget if it’s paid in 1 sum.

I suspect they’ll end up coming in with an even bigger over time offer.

Nice to see another club ‘struggling’ when it comes to big deals though. not always so simple eh?

mu4c_20le

Not really surprised as Chelsea screwing up big deals seems to be the new norm. Gone are the days of quietly and efficiently wrapping up transfers.

Cloud7

Though I certainly understand the desire to secure your future, which signing for Chelsea would immediately, if he waits until the summer he would have his pick of every club in Europe I would imagine

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Though I certainly understand the desire to secure your future, which signing for Chelsea would immediately, if he waits until the summer he would have his pick of every club in Europe I would imagine
He probably would but there’s an element of seizing the moment before it could potentially be gone going on here. I don’t think Enzo would have that problem and he could easily wait 6 months and still land at a big club with a huge contract but ‘the what if an offer like this doesn’t come again’ fear is real sometimes. Or perhaps he’s just a really big Chelsea super fan who knows :wenger:

SAFMUTD

Interesting...I wonder where the info about the €127m fee was coming from, then...There's a chance that this fee may have included the agent + signing-on fees.
It came from Fabrizio himself, no one was commenting about that number before him. Now suddely he changes the whole story giving some kind of exclusive that contradicts the numbers he leaked before.

85M seems way more reasonable, still high for what I think its worth but 127M was just crazy money.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Not really surprised as Chelsea screwing up big deals seems to be the new norm. Gone are the days of quietly and efficiently wrapping up transfers.
Didn't take long for your point to be proven :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It came from Fabrizio himself, no one was commenting about that number before him. Now suddely he changes the whole story giving some kind of exclusive that contradicts the numbers he leaked before.

85M seems way more reasonable, still high for what I think its worth but 127M was just crazy money.
Do you have proof of that? When I looked it up, the first person to mention that fee was César Luis Merlo, and the first highly reliable journalist to mention it was Gianluca di Marzio. Romano never mentioned that fee. The only fee he talked about was the €120m release clause that Benfica kept insisting on for a surefire deal.

mav_9me

Yeah but I don't think he will leave for the release clause in the summer, therefore they won't get the money. And besides that, with the economy as fecked up as it is, they better have it now than in 6 months.
You mean in summer he will go for less?

Status
Not open for further replies.